The Lamar Jackson effect, will it make a difference?

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Unless you want to count the Steelers and Titans.  They haven't been challenged by WRs and a passing game remotely close to this since that Chiefs game in week 3.  Rivers in week 9.  

The rest have been total trash.

Still, that secondary is elite and you just can't run at all on the front 7.

They just held Henry 2K to nothing. 

I'm sure Singletary and Yeldon will get.....carries.  

Every Titan run play was telegraphed.  Mahomes threw for 385 I think.....  Baker 343.

They played the NFC East and against no QB's.....  

Game will be played out on Saturday, but I'd not get overly excited about their D just yet. 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I've been saying this since Cleveland won Sunday night, that this week would be a complete Lamar slobfest leading up to the game. All over the place everyone is talking about the Ravens are the most dangerous team in the playoffs, the vaunted defense they have, Lamar is basically unstoppable, blah, blah, blah. PFT, Undisputed, First Take, First Things First, GMFB, all of them quick to jump the Ravens hype train. I could go pull YouTube videos from all of them right now drooling over Jackson and the vast majority of them slighting Allen BECAUSE OF ONE PLAY. They talk about Lamar's 179 passing with one INT and 136 rushing with 1 TD like it is greater than Allen who completed 74% of his passes for 324 with 2 TD's, NO PICKS, and another 54 rushing with a TD. Josh accounted for more yards, more total TD's, and against a better defense WITH NO TURNOVERS. They all keep talking about the one play he didn't go down. "Same old Josh Allen", "He could have lost the game", "The Bills were totally outplayed", "His mistakes are going to cost them against Baltimore", blah, blah, blah. Josh carried us against the most complete team in the playoffs last week, got the W, and here we stand with another home game Saturday night looking for a berth in the AFC Title game. Like I have said in other threads, I hope our guys show up on that field Saturday night TOTALLY pissed off and take it out on Baltimore. 

The way to end that is to beat them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes, he's that good.  He can take over the game single handedly.

He carried his team on his back last week just as much as Josh Allen carried the Bills on his.

Without Allen, no way in the world we win that game last week.

The Bills need to try to and contain him somewhat, but a better plan is to out-offense him.

You can't totally shut him down anyway.

The Titans scored 13 points.  How did Lamar carry that?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

is the league mvp from last year that good? 

yeah, he’s pretty good. He is the absolute best athlete on the field when he’s out there.

And no if they had joe Flacco at QB they would not be as good of a team. 

Very subjective but as far as I'm concerned the dude is a decent passer but not in the top half of the league.  Can he run?  Yes but will he have to do more?

6 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I just watched 15 minutes of Lamar on GMF and it was all his running highlights from last game. 

It makes him a threat no doubt. We have to respect that and our players can’t break from their assignments. 

Somehow I hope our D can force or dare him to beat us with his arm. Show me he has become a passer who can go toe to toe with 17.

Trap him in the pocket. We don't neccesarily have to sack him but trap him. Force him to throw somewhere. If he succeeds tip your hat. Don't let him break out of that pocket. 

• Like (+1) 2

Mike Schopp is in love with Lamar Jackson. Currently listening to WGR and Schopp says Lamar has a better chance for long term success than Josh. Schopp has loved Lamar since he had him on many of his 75 fantasy teams

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, StHustle said:

Can't wait til Josh and the gang shuts all these people up Saturday night!  So much of the media turned on us since a week ago...watch how we go right back to media darlings Sunday morning.

Totally agree!  Listening to Florio and Simms predicting the score, both picking the Ravens to win. Florio said his faith was shaken after the Colts game. Simms said the Ravens are the complete team while the Bills are JA and a few other good players. Thats fine. Go with those predictions. Nothing would make me happier to see Josh and the boys shred this defense and wake these clowns up again!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mailman said:

Totally agree!  Listening to Florio and Simms predicting the score, both picking the Ravens to win. Florio said his faith was shaken after the Colts game. Simms said the Ravens are the complete team while the Bills are JA and a few other good players. Thats fine. Go with those predictions. Nothing would make me happier to see Josh and the boys shred this defense and wake these clowns up again!

Faith in Bills shaken after beating the Colts, but not in the Ravens after they scored 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. 

I can't wait for this Saturday. 

• Like (+1) 1

If he was a GM, with that Lamar over Allen take he just gave, he would be the only GM holding that view.  (Including Baltimore’s). 

His reasoning stretches back to Lamar’s time at Louisville... In case anyone wondered how sound his logic is.  

We have some NFL execs debating Josh Allen potentially over Patrick Mahomes, but we get Schopp on our own network with clown takes. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Process said:

Faith in Bills shaken after beating the Colts, but not in the Ravens after they scored 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. 

I can't wait for this Saturday. 

I'm guessing because of how our defense played.  They kept the Colts in the game and only tightened up on that last drive.  

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm guessing because of how our defense played.  They kept the Colts in the game and only tightened up on that last drive.  

Our defense sucked and so did the Ravens offense. Sorry but 20 points against the titans is not impressive at all. 

But people are going to ignore that because they are obsessed with Lamar Jackson. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

Forgot about that. So they played good in the last two minutes of each half.  The rest of the game, they were pretty porous.  

I don't disagree.  One of my grumbles all season long is that even when they force punts the other team is doing it near midfield so the offense often gets drive starts inside their 20 because of it.  Not like it has mattered much but obviously it is always better to have fewer yards to go than more yards to go.

• Like (+1) 1