Scouting The Baltimore Ravens

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

DSB 

That's a nice and useful preview.  I like it a lot.   Good job.  Thanks.

These are good points, especially that the game is on Allen's shoulders.  The fact is that one might say the Bills aren't as good as other teams with their top 21 on the field; it's just that Allen makes a huge difference. 

On the other hand, this is exactly the kind of game where the Bills running game surprises and puts up 150 yards.  We'll see.  

For all the talk about how bad the bills run d has been, the ravens allow the same 4.6 ypc that buffalo has. So what you're saying isnt out of the realm of possibilities.

• Like (+1) 1

What a great read, thanks OP.

It's obviously going to be a tough slobberknocker of a game but there is a clear path to victory here, if things go a certain way. As you point out the Ravens are playing with fire if they continue to Blitz like mad, Josh will make them pay.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is a perfect example, if Buffalo plays well they win.  Great game.  These are the games we waited a long time for.  Both teams have favorable matchups.  I dont think Martindale is going to change his D.  At this point of the year you do you.  Buffalo goes back to the early season 4 wr set.  If Brown and Beasely are healthy for it.  If not I would dress Stills.  You can learn a formation or set of plays in 2 weeks.  Bills need to make it a track meet.  If the defense and run game cant carry the day I dont see Baltimore winning.  

15 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Next, we're at home facing the 11-5 Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Playoffs Divisional Round who are coming off a rugged, defensive-struggle-of-a-win against their hated logo-dancing rivals, the 11-5 Tennessee Titans. Same as the previous weeks, I wanted to do an amateur deep dive/scouting session into the Ravens' last three games based on their game highlights (granted it's not the All-22 film but still nearly an hour of tape) and then list some keys/X-factors for our matchup this week. Anyways, hope you enjoy/find this useful:

Stellar job once again DSB. I am looking forward to seeing the next two!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I believe the game has changed so much towards QB play, passing game, defending the pass and situational football that the Bills have some advantages beyond the run/ stop the run old school mentality. If I'm forced to pick winners this weekend I'm going with Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers vs. Mayfield, Jackson and Goff. The other game the QB play (Brady/Brees) is pretty much a wash. In that case, I'm going with New Orleans because I'll take Payton, Kamara, Thomas over Arians, Fournette and Evans.

Folks say that till we have a game with high winds and bad weather and passing becomes less an option.

Or till the mid-game thread and fans are watching our offense cool their heels while an opposing team runs through us like a hot knife through butter churning out 1st downs and eating up the clock and scoring. Then the howling begins about our run D stopping an opposing team's ability to run on us and how we let leads slip away.

I believe that it has been a pass-first league with how the rules have been adjusted the past few years to protect QBs and benefit receivers, but we should keep in mind that the NFL competition committee purposely pushed to limit holding calls on offensive lines this year too. This has benefited the running game for teams that emphasize that offensive ability - hence the success of the Ravens and Titans this year.

A balanced team is still better than a lopsided one for these reasons. We are what we are this season and have overcome a lot and had good bounces too.

May the football gods continue to smile on us.

Edited by WideNine