Weird thing about Bills vs Ravens history

Buffalo03

This means we played them when the divisions played each other, 6 times over the 24 years and then another 3 times. The three other times are when the Ravens and Bills finished in the same position in their division. I believe that is how it goes. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 
Baltimore has won 2 Super Bowls in 24 years. They don’t need another one. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This means we played them when the divisions played each other, 6 times over the 24 years and then another 3 times. The three other times are when the Ravens and Bills finished in the same position in their division. I believe that is how it goes. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

Baltimore has also been a super successful team in general outside of their two SB wins, since 2000 the team has made the playoffs 13 times and in the 8 seasons they have missed the playoffs they only had sub .500 records 4 of those seasons. The Bills franchise is far more starved for winning. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 2

OP, 1975 corrected you’re post.  We play the other AFC divisions every three years and every 6 at home which is what we assume you are referring to and that is not abnormal.  That is how the NFL works.  The other years, it depends on where you finish the year before.

this has been the case forever.  Not you, but am baffled I continue to hear this fro people who say “why this Ir that”.  There is nothing mysterious about it.  Just like we play every NFC division every 4 years, and at home every 8 years.

I hope that helps, but nothing fluky or mysterious about it.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

OP, 1975 corrected you’re post.  We play the other AFC divisions every three years and every 6 at home which is what we assume you are referring to and that is not abnormal.  That is how the NFL works.  The other years, it depends on where you finish the year before.

this has been the case forever.  Not you, but am baffled I continue to hear this fro people who say “why this Ir that”.  There is nothing mysterious about it.  Just like we play every NFC division every 4 years, and at home every 8 years.

I hope that helps, but nothing fluky or mysterious about it.

The Panthers came into the league a year earlier in 1995 and the Bills have played them 7 times and they are an NFC team. The fact that the we have only played the Ravens 2 extra times is weird considering we are in the same conference. In fact up until 2017 we actually played the Panthers more than the Ravens. Kinda crazy

35 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Believe it would be every 3 years as the other 3 AFC divisions rotate yearly.  We play the 4th, AFC East every year.  So 8 and once when we finished in same spot in respective divisions

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Panthers came into the league a year earlier in 1995 and the Bills have played them 7 times and they are an NFC team. The fact that the we have only played the Ravens 2 extra times is weird considering we are in the same conference. In fact up until 2017 we actually played the Panthers more than the Ravens. Kinda crazy

It's not weird when you consider how mediocre or bad the Bills have been through that stretch. The Ravens are usually pretty good. So we haven't had the same divisional rank as them as often.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Since the Ravens became a team in 1996, we have only played them 9 times with a 3-6 record against them and have only played them 3 times total in Buffalo (2007, 2013,2019).

I didn't realize how rare the Bills vs Ravens rivalry is

The only thing you need to know is that Buffalo is on a 3-game losing streak to Baltimore and McDermott is on a personal 2-game losing streak vs the Ravens and Harbaugh (including the embarrassing Peterman opener in Josh's rookie season).  I like that angle.  McD is always good when he has a little revenge factor to work with.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

Am I mistaken or weren't the Ravens the former Cleveland Browns?  I thought the Browns moved and became the Ravens, then a few years later someone else formed the new Browns.   My memory is poor so I might be wrong.

You are correct sir!

• Like (+1) 1