The AFC should be fun for a long time.

warrior9

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

I dont know what's fun about it lol. Hopefully Watson gets traded to the NFC to balance this ridiculous talent gap even a hair.

Which I think is interesting he commented about the trade to Miami. 

If I were him I'd be asking to go to a NFC team since many of the qbs in that conference don't hold a candle to how he has played this year with very little help. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Put another way, i have seen enough of all these old QBs,

Roethelsburger. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers

about time to get a fresh crop in here.

Agree, there was a time when I was worried the NFL might have a real QB problem. Those guys you mention had been around forever, but no one seemed like a worthy successor. Then the next generation of elite QB’s appeared overnight. I also like how the new generation of QB’s make the game fun. The Brady, Brees, and Rodgers types have no personality. There was always this idea the QB needed to act like a grumpy old man to be a true team leader. I like watching these guys have fun playing the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsToast said:

I still struggle with the concept of a QB beating another team. I still think there should be more evidence of the "team" over the player.

I think it's an anomaly for a starting QB not to be the reason a team makes it to, or wins the Super Bowl.   If you look at the list of Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks over the last 20 years, you'll see that at best there were 4 years where the winner didnt have a HOFer or Future HOFer behind center.   Quarterback may not be the only reason a team is successful.   Need no further proof of that than Tom Brady moving to Tampa Bay this year.   

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, there was a time when I was worried the NFL might have a real QB problem. Those guys you mention had been around forever, but no one seemed like a worthy successor. Then the next generation of elite QB’s appeared overnight. 

Agreed! I thought the league was in big trouble as Brees, Brady and Ben just started checking the ball down for five yard gains play after play after play. Super dull football to watch. Then...these young guys appeared. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Agreed! I thought the league was in big trouble as Brees, Brady and Ben just started checking the ball down for five yard gains play after play after play. Super dull football to watch. Then...these young guys appeared. 

The only reason Brady doesn't have as many checkdowns as Brees is the lack of a Kamara-like RB on the roster.