The AFC should be fun for a long time.

warrior9

It's pretty interesting that Baker Mayfield is the oldest remaining QB in the AFC playoffs. 

Baker Mayfield - 25 - Born Apr 14, 1995

Patrick Mahomes - 25 - Born Sep 17, 1995

Josh Allen - 24 - Born May 21, 1996

Lamar Jackson - 24 -  Born Jan 07, 1997

Definitely seems like a "changing of the guard." Allen beats Rivers(39) , Mayfield beats Big Ben(38), Jakson beats Tannehill (32).

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

Add in Watson, Herbert, Burrow, and eventually Lawerence and Fields 

Right! I was more so baffled that the oldest QB left in the AFC is 25. 

Forever it was Brady, Ben, Rivers, Manning, Flacco, etc etc

Edited by warrior9

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What, no mention of the mighty Tua?

LOL, I think he will be a mediocre NFL QB at best.

I honestly believe Tua's ceiling is a Chad Pennington / Alex Smith(at VERY best..) Very Accurate, meh arm, very football smart, game manager. 

• Like (+1) 1

It should be fun, but remember the next decade will also be a bunch of top nfc top QB high drafts based on you’re assertion.  It may even out.  The 80’s and 90’s was two decades where there was no free agency fir 12-13 years, and it reverberated for a few years after.  The next decade was all AFC, and even the last decade.  The 70’s was all AFC.

What is fun is seeing all of these young guys growing into their positions.  I seriously doubt the Texans would ever allow under any circumstances a trade fir Watson to Miami or anyone else, but if happened, there goes our lock on the East.  Tua will probably get better, but Watson on the Fins would be tough for a very long time.

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

It's pretty interesting that Baker Mayfield is the oldest remaining QB in the AFC playoffs. 

Baker Mayfield - 25 - Born Apr 14, 1995

Patrick Mahomes - 25 - Born Sep 17, 1995

Josh Allen - 24 - Born May 21, 1996

Lamar Jackson - 24 -  Born Jan 07, 1997

Definitely seems like a "changing of the guard." Allen beats Rivers(39) , Mayfield beats Big Ben(38), Jakson beats Tannehill (32).

I still struggle with the concept of a QB beating another team. I still think there should be more evidence of the "team" over the player.

There are 4 prime time young stud QB's in Josh, Mahomes, Watson and Lamar, Baker Mayfield is right on the cusp of that and Herbert and Burrow have shown a lot of promise. Lawrence a generational QB prospect is also coming into the AFC. That's 8 young QB's all of whom could be top 10 QB's in the league. Yes between Herbert, Burrow, Mayfield and Lawrence there is likely to be at least 1-2 busts in there but it could be possible that in 2-3 years 7 out of the top 10 QB's in the league are in the AFC and all will be 28 or younger.

Edited by billsfan89

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Right! I was more so baffled that the oldest QB left in the AFC is 25. 

Forever it was Brady, Ben, Rivers, Manning, Flacco, etc etc

Flacco wasn't really a factor beyond the one Superbowl run and possibly that one other season where they got schooled by Belichick via a rule trick .   The other seasons he was more of an albatross for the Ravens/

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The contrast could not be more stark this weekend.

AFC: Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Mayfield

NFC: Rogers, Brees, Brady....and someone from the Rams

May the best generation win.

Each of those 3 NFC QB's has played more seasons than the AFC QB's Combined!