Richard Sherman: Josh Allen reminds me of Aaron Rodgers

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Wallace is an RFA so he would be pretty easy to resign if that is what the Bills want ro do.

The fact that they played Josh Norman the majority of the snaps vs the colts has me thinking that he’s no more than a backup for us going forward.  Jmo

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Absolutely.

Josh is on a different level. His God-given talent is better than anyone alive in football

I’d replace the word “God” with something better. Like, nothing. Maybe just given talent.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The fact that they played Josh Norman the majority of the snaps vs the colts has me thinking that he’s no more than a backup for us going forward.  Jmo

what do you mean Norman played majority of the snaps vs Colts? According to Snap count notes: Colts at Bills, Super Wild Card Round, Wallace played 44 snaps while Norman played 34. They had been sharing the snaps in last few games, but one doesn’t play significantly more than the other.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've always said Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback of all time

Josh Allen is Just as talented. Stats aren't the only story

Wait 15 years, and people will be saying the same about Josh Allen

Rodgers is top 5 for me, but only one championship and that is his only trip to the SB. I know it takes a lot more than a QB to reach that level of success, but I think he's come up short in some big games. His numbers are incredible but in his 13th year as a starting QB, to be considered the best ever, I need more than one ring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Solid entry for post of the day! 👏

Howard & Jeremy were discussing Elway/Allen comparisons with Sal this morning on WGR—in the context of “the drive” anniversary against Cleveland. 

Josh is far, far ahead of where Elway was in season 3.

14 hours ago, warrior9 said:

That's just simply not true.  Aaron Rodgers just threw for 48 TDs and 7 interceptions.  He has 412 TDs and 89 interceptions in his career. 

I love Josh Allen.... he's not Aaron Rodgers yet. 

In his third season in the NFL, Aaron Rodgers was riding the bench.  In his third season, Josh is a legitimate MVP candidate.  And, by the way, there is no meaningful difference between Rodgers’s 2020 stats, in his 13th year as a starter, and Allen’s, so don’t act like that settles the argument.

14 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Of course he's not Rodgers right NOW!  Experience! But will he? Can he? my simple answer is YES

Does Josh remind me of where Aaron was ? YES

Edited

I understand you said yet to.. but you don't compare this season with this season on both players.. not a fair comparison 

Don’t concede that point.  Josh is every bit as good as Aaron Rodgers right now, and the stats bear that out. 

5 hours ago, syhuang said:

what do you mean Norman played majority of the snaps vs Colts? According to Snap count notes: Colts at Bills, Super Wild Card Round, Wallace played 44 snaps while Norman played 34. They had been sharing the snaps in last few games, but one doesn’t play significantly more than the other.

My bad. I was just going off of my eyes.  I didn’t notice wallace out there much while unnoticed Norman a bunch

19 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Well, we already have Josh Norman, so why not another washed- up, loudmouth, CB that can no longer cover someone like me!

I'd gladly take Sherman at CB right now. He's an incredibly smart player and I think that will elongate his career.

9 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

Rodgers is top 5 for me, but only one championship and that is his only trip to the SB. I know it takes a lot more than a QB to reach that level of success, but I think he's come up short in some big games. His numbers are incredible but in his 13th year as a starting QB, to be considered the best ever, I need more than one ring.

I'd disagree with this and appeal to the "it's a team game" argument, but Brady was surrounded by nobodies for most of his career and elevated those entire teams. Brady had a DaVante Adams type once in his entire career, I believe. And Moss didn't really play there that long.

20 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Where was I negative at all? Relax. LOL Because I say Josh Allen isn't better than the best QB to ever step on a field... I didn't enjoy the win?

Jesus.

The fact that he sat has NOTHING to do with the fact that Rodgers is a better QB currently. He's literally the most gifted QB to ever step on a football field. Again, 48 TDs, 7 INTs this year. He's the only QB in NFL history to have 45+ TDs and less than 7 INTs in a year.... and hes done it 3 times. 

I know you've got a thing for Aaron Rodgers, but ...

... this time you're right. Rodgers just had the best year of his career (well, tied for best; his 2011 was nearly identical) at age 37.

I do agree with Sherman that the best comparison for Allen is "young Aaron Rodgers." 

I'll take that.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I know you've got a thing for Aaron Rodgers, but ...

... this time you're right. Rodgers just had the best year of his career (well, tied for best; his 2011 was nearly identical) at age 37.

I do agree with Sherman that the best comparison for Allen is "young Aaron Rodgers." 

I'll take that.

It's not even a thing for Aaron Rodgers man. All I'm saying is Josh isnt Rodgers... yet. 

He's just the best QB to ever step foot on a football field. Does JA have that potential and possibly more? ABSOLUTELY .... That's literally all i've been saying.. 

How about this: 

Josh Allen is the most athletically-talented/gifted QB in the league. 

Yes, Rodgers has put it all together and is the complete package. Josh is 24 and has plenty of time for his already-high talent level to catch up to his RIDICULOUSLY high ceiling. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

It's not even a thing for Aaron Rodgers man. All I'm saying is Josh isnt Rodgers... yet. 

He's just the best QB to ever step foot on a football field. Does JA have that potential and possibly more? ABSOLUTELY .... That's literally all i've been saying.. 

Agreed. Just kidding about the Rodgers crush thing. 

Well, not really, since if you're gonna have a crush better that it be for Aaron Rodgers than, say, Kyle Orton.

• Thank you (+1) 1