Richard Sherman: Josh Allen reminds me of Aaron Rodgers

Big Turk

27 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

That's just simply not true.  Aaron Rodgers just threw for 48 TDs and 7 interceptions.  He has 412 TDs and 89 interceptions in his career. 

I love Josh Allen.... he's not Aaron Rodgers yet. 

your statement isn't true Aaron didn't start till year 4.. had 3 years to sit down so ill compare Josh Allen to Rodgers year 4 and year 5 so hairs are not split yes?

Josh Allen 4544 yards, 7.9 Avg, 37 TD , 10 INT, 107.2 Rate

Rodgers year 4 4038 Yards, 7.5 Avg, 28 TD, 13 INT, 93.8 Rate

Rodgers year 5 4434 Yards, 8.2 Avg, 30 TD, 7 INT, 103.2 Rate

At this point in Rodgers career one would think Rodgers would get better. Same with Josh.. and we wont even dig into rushing stats.. we know how that ends.

To not think for ONE SECOND lol that Josh cant be just is good as Rodgers is crazy..

screw it lets add rushing to all of this.. 

Rodgers year 4 207 yards and 4TD

Rodgers year 5 316 yards and 5TD

Josh Allen 421 yards 8 TD

Of course he's not Rodgers right NOW!  Experience! But will he? Can he? my simple answer is YES

Does Josh remind me of where Aaron was ? YES

Edited

I understand you said yet to.. but you don't compare this season with this season on both players.. not a fair comparison 

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Sherman is a loudmouth jerk. A has-been who should just take his opinions and get the fuc...

Oh, he said something good about Josh? I always said Sherman is a cool guy. You just got to get to know him a bit

This is how it works here for all quotes from all people, all the time.

👍

53 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Could be... he will have to take a pay cut to ride this train 🚊 

If we even just make it to the superbowl...guys like him will be flocking to come here for the vet min. We love our young guys so not too many spots will be available for those accomplished vets on the market this year. But yeah, it feels great to finally be the team free agents have at the top or somewhere near the top of their lists.

• Agree 2

Allen is just as mobile as Rodgers, has Favre’s arm, and is developing Rodgers touch. What a QB run Green has had from 1993-present day.

Allen is definitely a rare QB. What impresses me the most is the work he puts in at getting better every off season, and his ability to be self-critical. About the only thing I see he could improve on are his diet, and plyometric training. If Allen could be as pliable as Brady; and as ripped as Brees he could dominate well into his 40s! 

Edited by Dr.Sack

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

That's just simply not true.  Aaron Rodgers just threw for 48 TDs and 7 interceptions.  He has 412 TDs and 89 interceptions in his career. 

Probably true.  Josh actually likes and cares about family, the city he plays in, and the game of football.    If Rodgers had the drive of Tom Brady, he'd have about 5 rings already.

The amount of Josh Allen comparisons that have at least some degree of validity is insane.

I've heard him compared to Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Cam Newton, John Elway, Steve Young, and Ben Roethlisberger. All but one of those guys are Hall of Famers.

Wink Martindale, the Ravens defensive coordinator, said of Allen just today "He's like a young Big Ben, but with Marino's arm", and told his defenders that they have to "tackle him like they tackle Derrick Henry".

I mean....sheesh.

Special talent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I don't think anyone is saying that.  People always do this.   

Athletically josh is a freak and more gifted than Rodgers.  Doesn't mean he's better.  

Eric lindros was an athletic freak.  Not better than Gretzky.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

The amount of Josh Allen comparisons that have at least some degree of validity is insane.

I've heard him compared to Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Cam Newton, John Elway, Steve Young, and Ben Roethlisberger. All but one of those guys are Hall of Famers.

Wink Martindale, the Ravens defensive coordinator, said of Allen just today "He's like a young Big Ben, but with Marino's arm", and told his defenders that they have to "tackle him like they tackle Derrick Henry".

I mean....sheesh.

Special talent.

Here's an article quoting Wink:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-josh-allen-is-young-ben-roethlisberger-with-dan-marinos-arm-says-ravens-dc.html

Though how did a young Big Ben do against pressure?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Though how did Big Ben do against pressure?

Good question.

A quick search brought up the following factoids from a 2017 article. If you're asking about how Big Ben has been against pressure RECENTLY, I'm not sure of the answer.

https://steelersdepot.com/2017/07/big-ben-made-career-performing-pressure/

When facing pressure, Big Ben was apparently quite good over the course of his career:

"According to Pro Football Focus, in fact, he has been among the best in the league over the course of the past decade-plus, dating back to 2006, which they refer to as the Pro Football Focus era, since that is when they began recording data."