Ryan Kerrigan FA 2021

T master

We are at the stage where we won’t be making many signings. They’re talking a mega Allen contract. Possible deals for milano, williams and Feliciano. 
We just drafted Epenesa, Johnson is young, I 100% think they’ll target pass rush via the draft. It’s not a position we’ll be in the luxury to pay for imo. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

FWIW, I think we should seriously look at Matt Judon (starting this Saturday 😀 ) and Bud Dupree as our top targets with Ngakoue and Clowney as the next tier.

Trey Hendrickson is probably the better guy if you are shopping in the price category that Judon and Dupree are going to be in.    

I really dislike Judon.   He's dirty.......he abused Allen in his first game in 2018 and I hold a grudge and hopefully Allen does too.  

He's also going to be 30 and never been a great finishing pass rusher.

Hendrickson has the tools to be a Bryce Paup-type pass rusher.   He's younger and less proven but he's got that kind of ceiling.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

First, we can figure this out after the season.  I care only about this Saturday, then next Sunday, and so on.  Second, I’m not placing my hopes on any fee agent with an expected drop in the cap.

it’s setting yourself up for a let down as at best we’ll get one or two lowly role players.  Lastly, younger is the key, not old guys.

Anyway, let’s have fun Saturday and see our team enjoy hopefully a hard fought victory.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

FWIW, I think we should seriously look at Matt Judon (starting this Saturday 😀 ) and Bud Dupree as our top targets with Ngakoue and Clowney as the next tier.

I wanted Judon last off-season as a replacement for LorAx. Bud Dupree got hurt this year so doubt he gets franchise tag again but could be a guy you could add if the numbers are right. I'm not sure either be cheaper than Milano but definitely be on a short list and move Klein to WLB. I also like Jordan Jenkins as a Sam option.

Edited by The Jokeman

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I have been think about a good DE FA the past few days as well and researched Kerrigan a bit - he is on the older side (lotsa miles) and wanted to be a starter while Rivera wanted him coming off the bench. Considering he was not happy with Rivera, I think Sean (who is close to Rivera) might pass on him.

I know he's been around a while but how old of a player is he ?

In the article i read that with Montez Sweat & Chase Young as right & left D E's Rivera naturally was starting them and Kerrigan came off the bench which was what was asked but he still feels he has some good ball left in him & still wants to be a starter but at what money ?

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Kerrigan is a hard pass.  My DL plan is to draft a young one, let Murphy go, Butler's gone.   And for the big off-season move bring in TJ Watt.  Limit his snaps and have him help develop are improving young players.   I smell a repeat.

I didn't know that Pittsburgh was going to let a player such as Watt walk and if they do let a player of that caliber go in a trade synario you would have to give way to many draft picks and i don't think Beane would do that i could be totally wrong because he did get Diggs .

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Trey Hendrickson is probably the better guy if you are shopping in the price category that Judon and Dupree are going to be in.    

I really dislike Judon.   He's dirty.......he abused Allen in his first game in 2018 and I hold a grudge and hopefully Allen does too.  

He's also going to be 30 and never been a great finishing pass rusher.

Hendrickson has the tools to be a Bryce Paup-type pass rusher.   He's younger and less proven but he's got that kind of ceiling.

I like Hendrickson too! #5 banana from same heralded 2017 Saints draft class with Lattimore, Kamara, Ramcyk and Williams. Just that he has been more solid than spectacular for the most part and will likely command more money that he may be worth. Oh, and Judon is only 28.

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I love Ryan Kerrigan. He's been one of the most underrated players in the league for longggg time. 

However, we have Addison in his 30's, Hughes in his 30's, Murphy on the way out. We need to get younger and DE.

I think we need a young, quick twitch defensive end....at least on passing downs.  Hughes used to be that but that was years ago.  

We have older solid ends, no one that can wreck a game plan.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

This.

Draft another and find another under the radar FA in his prime years, if possible.

Even easier, since the Bills are a desirable spot for FAs now.

Premium DE’s are rarely under the radar.  Hopefully Beane can make something happen because it’s certainly an area of need.

5 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bills need to get better at defensive end.  I think they’ll release Addison after the season as they can get out of that deal rather easily and save quite a bit.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see Butler or Jefferson released as well.  

Why would they release Addison? I think he's been quite good. They save more money cutting Hughes. Jefferson seems liek a guaranteed cut right now that saves $8M and probably John Brown too, unless he blows up the rest of the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Premium DE’s are rarely under the radar.  Hopefully Beane can make something happen because it’s certainly an area of need.

Find an under-the-radar guy, if possible. Like Jerry Hughes when they got him. Don't pay for a premium guy.

6 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I love Ryan Kerrigan. He's been one of the most underrated players in the league for longggg time. 

However, we have Addison in his 30's, Hughes in his 30's, Murphy on the way out. We need to get younger and DE.

Both Johnson and Epenesa are young.  Believe Jefferson can also play end and he's pretty young too.  But overall would like to see  improvement on the pass rush.

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Find an under-the-radar guy, if possible. Like Jerry Hughes when they got him. Don't pay for a premium guy.

I would be ecstatic for a Hughes x 2, our chances are slim. Hughes was drafted by Indy in the first round as an OLB hybrid type if memory serves me correct?

I think if I was going to bring in an Elder, I’d lean in a different direction.

There’s a guy that I would never have considered 5 years ago, but he’s been a good citizen for the last 5 years ...

Suh.  

Only taking 8 mill - (3.5 less than Kerrigan) he doesn’t have an agent. 6 sacks ... more than Kerrigan.  Guy still plays 82% of snaps.

oh, as an aside ... Tampa has had the best run d for 2 years running.

Still a beast.

7 hours ago, T master said:

The past few games DE Trent Murphy has been a healthy scratch and this is the last season he will be under contract right i don't see them bringing him back .

I read something about him becoming a FA next season do you think if he could be had for a decent contract if so would he be worth it .

This season i believe he had 5.5 sacks and he seems to think he has a couple more good years of good play left in the tank and still wants to be a starter what do you all think ?

I know when ever i've seen him play he's always applying pressure on the QB which is something we are lacking with who they brought in this yr . 

7 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Could be a nice addition on a 1 year deal later in free agency.  I wouldn’t rush out and sign him right away.  

Get his ass in here the second FA starts!!  

5 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Kerrigan is a hard pass.  My DL plan is to draft a young one, let Murphy go, Butler's gone.   And for the big off-season move bring in TJ Watt.  Limit his snaps and have him help develop are improving young players.   I smell a repeat.

I agree we shoukd be trading for Watt