Ryan Kerrigan FA 2021

T master

The past few games DE Trent Murphy has been a healthy scratch and this is the last season he will be under contract right i don't see them bringing him back .

I read something about him becoming a FA next season do you think if he could be had for a decent contract if so would he be worth it .

This season i believe he had 5.5 sacks and he seems to think he has a couple more good years of good play left in the tank and still wants to be a starter what do you all think ?

I know when ever i've seen him play he's always applying pressure on the QB which is something we are lacking with who they brought in this yr . 

• Agree 1

I have been think about a good DE FA the past few days as well and researched Kerrigan a bit - he is on the older side (lotsa miles) and wanted to be a starter while Rivera wanted him coming off the bench. Considering he was not happy with Rivera, I think Sean (who is close to Rivera) might pass on him.

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I love Ryan Kerrigan. He's been one of the most underrated players in the league for longggg time. 

However, we have Addison in his 30's, Hughes in his 30's, Murphy on the way out. We need to get younger and DE.

This.

Draft another and find another under the radar FA in his prime years, if possible.

Even easier, since the Bills are a desirable spot for FAs now.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I love Ryan Kerrigan. He's been one of the most underrated players in the league for longggg time. 

However, we have Addison in his 30's, Hughes in his 30's, Murphy on the way out. We need to get younger and DE.

Bills need to get better at defensive end.  I think they’ll release Addison after the season as they can get out of that deal rather easily and save quite a bit.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see Butler or Jefferson released as well.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bills need to get better at defensive end.  I think they’ll release Addison after the season as they can get out of that deal rather easily and save quite a bit.  I would t be shocked to see Butler or Jefferson released as well.  

Addison isn't going anywhere, IMO. (Edit: If Clowney or someone like that is available to come to the Buffalo, then yes, Addison is gone. Just remember he is a McDermott guy from Carolina)

Jefferson should be gone. I liked him A LOT as a signing coming out of SEA but man, I think he disappointed this year. 

I think with Star coming back, Phillips another year removed from ACL, Butler/ Oliver at the 3T will be strong and playing their more natural position. 

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

FWIW, I think we should seriously look at Matt Judon (starting this Saturday 😀 ) and Bud Dupree as our top targets with Ngakoue and Clowney as the next tier.

I agree with this... not 31... more like proven 25-27 year old than can grow and flourish in our system. Not sure Dupree / Judon fit what we do, but i'm sure they can find a place for them.

I'd love to see Clowney here back in a 4-3 and i think his contract will be relatively cheap due to his lack of performance this year.

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 2

No. He's old, a true part time player and a 1 trick bull rusher. With Payne, Young et al on that line, it is not surprising he gets chances. I'd like someone younger and either developmental or top of the draft caliber depending on how the draft falls.

I look forward to the Bills becoming a destination for veteran free agents taking affordable one year deals to win. But I think that (as another poster mentioned) the team needs to get younger at DE. Addision and Hughes are into their 30's and while AJ is there waiting in the wings the depth needs to be younger. I wouldn't be shocked to see one of the Bills first two picks be a DE again. Odds are I think they spend the cap space they have retaining Williams, Levi, Feliciano and Roberts and they most likely let Milano walk due to cap constraints. 

So I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills spending their picks in the first three rounds on defensive players. DE, LB and safety or elsewhere in the secondary to help prepare for upcoming regression and departure. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Bills need to get better at defensive end.  I think they’ll release Addison after the season as they can get out of that deal rather easily and save quite a bit.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see Butler or Jefferson released as well.  

Addison lead the team in sacks and TFLs.  Butler I feel was forced to play out of position, and jefferson has as well. The interior has been a mess and a lot of that is missing star on early downs.  I don't think keeping both makes sense at this point - as i don't believe either has really outplayed or even pushed oliver that much.  Addison is probably the one of the 3 i wouldn't release.  

Edited by dneveu

30 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I'd love to see Clowney here back in a 4-3 and i think his contract will be relatively cheap due to his lack of performance this year.

This is what I was thinking. Clowney is only 27 and coming off surgery & a bad season that yielded 0 sacks. Not to mention he only had 3 sacks the previous year in Seattle. His price tag will never be lower.

55 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I agree we need to get younger.  I'm not sure if there is a younger FA available, however.  Perhaps Hendrickson from NO, but he's a bit of a one year wonder? 

If we don't get Hendrickson, I'd grab Kerrigan, and draft an edge.  That drafted edge would have a lot of great people to learn from.  And Kerrigan is always around the QB.    

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree we need to get younger.  I'm not sure if there is a younger FA available, however.  Perhaps Hendrickson from NO, but he's a bit of a one year wonder? 

If we don't get Hendrickson, I'd grab Kerrigan, and draft an edge.  That drafted edge would have a lot of great people to learn from.  And Kerrigan is always around the QB.    

Yeah, I'd also like to see what an NFL off-season does for Epenesa. 

Another thing too is, Daryl Johnson has played VERY well and was playing at a low level college(typically a longer time to develop). Year 3 for him could see a NICE jump too! 

Edited by warrior9
  • Agree 2