I got fired because I didn't want to work when the bills were playing

Adamb412

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Calling in "sick" isn't really an option for a lot of workers. I know that when restaurants are actually open, I can't get a Saturday off without some serious advance planning. And even then, sometimes not at all. 

A while back I got married on a Saturday. Not a single one of my fellow Tempo servers (there were three with whom I was VERY tight) could get off work even with AMPLE notice. 

Count me intrigued by the “VERY”...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

This was a new job and not really a real career. Now I got the extra unemployment

Wow you should be proud of getting fired and gaining extra unemployment during a pandemic. While others are struggling to keep businesses open and families supported.
Your commitment and thought process previous to accepting the job is admirable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

I told my boss I needed Saturday night off, it's a fairly new job so it was whatever. He said he wasn't going to give me off so I told him I was going to not be in. He said ok then you're fired.....

Go bills

I think you need to fix the thread title.  You quit...

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This isn't even that hard:

1.  Eat a bunch of chili or pea soup before work.

2. Show up all cold and clammy, just not looking well.

3. When nobody is looking jab a finger, or feather from in your pocket, down your throat and throw-up in the worst place to throw up in at work.  Additionally, get some of your own sick right on you.  I mean really sell it, man.  The piece de resistance being you lay down right next to it and just keep moaning.  I don't care if there is a fire going on at the place of business, just stay down until you are set free.

D2D is on to something here...for additional detail to help out with #2, here's this, OP:

https://www.wikihow.com/Look-Sick

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My daughter did the Winter Tour for A Chrstmas Story just before Covid hit.  We LOVE this show!!

A truly great great movie...but skip the forgettable sequel ;)

maxresdefault.jpg  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I mean I guess it depends on what the job was and how important it was to your bottom line.   If the job is easily replaceable, and this isnt going to impact your living arrangements I guess good for you.  But if this was a good job that was a career starter and you could have used the reference for down the line, man this is going to sting if they lose.   Also hope there isnt a big gap in your employment history.

It was McDonalds

I'm sure someone has already stated this but, why wouldn't you make up something else. Like the old fashioned "I'm sick " and could add on to that with, :I may need to get tested for covid". I think you would have been fine.

But if you tell them up front you are not going to be in due to a football game, then that usually doesn't work. Anyway hopefully it was just some kind of b.s job where it wasn't too important to you lol.

5 hours ago, Adamb412 said:

I told my boss I needed Saturday night off, it's a fairly new job so it was whatever. He said he wasn't going to give me off so I told him I was going to not be in. He said ok then you're fired.....

Go bills

Congratulations on your loss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.