I got fired because I didn't want to work when the bills were playing

Adamb412

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

lol you said salary

LOL you don't know the definition of "salary".

Doesn't have to be an annual thing.  Could be hourly compensation or any other arrangement.

(From Merriam-Webster online) 

sal·a·ry | \ ˈsal-rē  , ˈsa-lə- \

plural salaries

Definition of salary

: fixed compensation paid regularly for services

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

LOL you don't know the definition of "salary".

Doesn't have to be an annual thing.  Could be hourly compensation or any other arrangement.

(From Merriam-Webster online) 

sal·a·ry | \ ˈsal-rē  , ˈsa-lə- \

plural salaries

Definition of salary

: fixed compensation paid regularly for services

Rather British use of the term innit

• Haha (+1) 2

This isn't even that hard:

1.  Eat a bunch of chili or pea soup before work.

2. Show up all cold and clammy, just not looking well.

3. When nobody is looking jab a finger, or feather from in your pocket, down your throat and throw-up in the worst place to throw up in at work.  Additionally, get some of your own sick right on you.  I mean really sell it, man.  The piece de resistance being you lay down right next to it and just keep moaning.  I don't care if there is a fire going on at the place of business, just stay down until you are set free.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Years ago I had a boss who every once in a while we'd get into shouting matches.  Neither my job nor his was ever in danger.  I think he thought that if you got mad about something he knew you cared.  

One time he got mad at me and I yelled back at him & I said something like "I'm going to the Super Bowl, I don't care if somebody else works on this"  

When I retired , long after he left for a better job, he sent me an e-mail praising my abilities. The best part of the e-mail was when he wrote: You're the only one ever to tell me to f off, & I deserved it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

I told my boss I needed Saturday night off, it's a fairly new job so it was whatever. He said he wasn't going to give me off so I told him I was going to not be in. He said ok then you're fired.....

Go bills

you could have said that you took a home Covid test that came back positive... just kidding.

Seriously though - sorry to hear.

38 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I have no problems with the way the OP handled this.  A POS job with a douche as a boss is not worth investing your time.

But let this be a cautionary tale for the newbies/youngsters out there to consult the board prior to these decisions.  Back in the day the Monday after Superbowls were extremely tough.  Luckily this year you can easily pull the cough/covid card and sleep it off.

Summed up in two tidy sentences.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Calling in "sick" isn't really an option for a lot of workers. I know that when restaurants are actually open, I can't get a Saturday off without some serious advance planning. And even then, sometimes not at all. 

A while back I got married on a Saturday. Not a single one of my fellow Tempo servers (there were three with whom I was VERY tight) could get off work even with AMPLE notice. 

That's why I asked the question. But it IS an option for a lot of workers too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.