I got fired because I didn't want to work when the bills were playing

Adamb412

3 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

I told my boss I needed Saturday night off, it's a fairly new job so it was whatever. He said he wasn't going to give me off so I told him I was going to not be in. He said ok then you're fired.....

Go bills

Looks like your priorities are in order.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

I told my boss I needed Saturday night off, it's a fairly new job so it was whatever. He said he wasn't going to give me off so I told him I was going to not be in. He said ok then you're fired.....

Go bills

This is GOLD, well done sir, I legit paid someone at work $150 to cover me for this past saturday because my work was short handed and decided to say I had no choice but to come in( i work every third saturday and this wasn't one of them lol) so I feel ya man

• Like (+1) 1

I mean I guess it depends on what the job was and how important it was to your bottom line.   If the job is easily replaceable, and this isnt going to impact your living arrangements I guess good for you.  But if this was a good job that was a career starter and you could have used the reference for down the line, man this is going to sting if they lose.   Also hope there isnt a big gap in your employment history.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, MJS said:

I mean, could you not have just called in "sick"?

Calling in "sick" isn't really an option for a lot of workers. I know that when restaurants are actually open, I can't get a Saturday off without some serious advance planning. And even then, sometimes not at all. 

A while back I got married on a Saturday. Not a single one of my fellow Tempo servers (there were three with whom I was VERY tight) could get off work even with AMPLE notice. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I mean I guess it depends on what the job was and how important it was to your bottom line.   If the job is easily replaceable, and this isnt going to impact your living arrangements I guess good for you.  But if this was a good job that was a career starter and you could have used the reference for down the line, man this is going to sting if the lose.   Also hope their isnt a big gap in your employment history.

This was a new job and not really a real career. Now I got the extra unemployment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

Well if you worked in a hospital or something important you should have been fired.  If you have some job anyone can do you should have just called in sick. Considering it was a new job and that Covid is running rampant, you will be fine.  Nobody will hold it against you when interviewing for future jobs. Just say it was covid related.

6 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Can you get enhanced unemployment now?  

Someone that quits a new job should not be allowed unemployment. It's the type of gloating about it that gets those people in trouble hopefully also.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.