Coaching Carousel Updates

DCOrange

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea the year they fired Philbin early.

It is 100% a trend this year that teams are looking for leaders not Xs and Os guys. Campbell from what you read fits that bill too. 

LOL i just brought that goon up as the second best Phins HC in the last decade.

7 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Dan Orlovsky on the Pat McAfee show just said its a given that Daboll accepts the Chargers job & thats why LA hasn't hired anyone yet. Dude was 100% convinced Daboll was going there.

I'd prefer Daboll stay but if he were gonna leave for anyone, the Chargers do make the most sense

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

How so? Could they legally already have deal in place? Can they discuss it during season while they still have head coach? Or could they approach him somehow after Lynn was fired? I thought he was not allowed to have interviews/contact until we are done in playoffs.

They had a video interview last week.  I'd imagine they want to have a face to face interview before offering him the job.  I did read that for the 4 teams that win this weekend, there's no interviews allowed until a week from Monday, obviously the two losing teams next weekend, no restrictions, the other two teams do still have some restrictions on interviews allowed, likely early next week would be allowed.  I'd imagine still no face to face because of Covid concerns, where as other years, the Chargers could have easily flown to western NY and interview Daboll next Monday in Buffalo.

I do think sometime coordinators lose out on jobs if their current team keeps winning as the new team doesn't want to wait that long.  Could be the Chragers have a plan B if the Bills win this week and again next week and Daboll gets the short end of it?

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2021 at 10:51 AM, brianthomas said:

Dan Orlovsky on the Pat McAfee show just said its a given that Daboll accepts the Chargers job & thats why LA hasn't hired anyone yet. Dude was 100% convinced Daboll was going there.

I'd prefer Daboll stay but if he were gonna leave for anyone, the Chargers do make the most sense

If the Bills get to and win the Super Bowl, I’d be OK with losing both coordinators.  Otherwise, hate to lose even one.

I'm glad the Chargers' job is now off the table for Daboll, because as I said last week - in my mind, the longer the search went on the more likely Daboll was to have that job. However, while none of us will know for some time -it's also *possible* - although very unlikely - Daboll informed the Chargers he didn't want the job and to move forward. I know, it's wishful thinking but it's possible.