Gabe Davis interviewed by Nate Burleson after winning toe drag swag

4 hours ago, Success said:

It's been fun to watch him emerge this season.  This is not an easy line-up for a WR to break into and distinguish himself in - but he has had his share of memorable moments and valuable contributions, and was one of the real difference-makers in our 1st playoff win in 25 years.

If I'm being nitpicky, I can only think of one miscue he had all season - the drop in the endzone against the Pats. Otherwise, he's been amazing, especially for a rookie.  We have serious depth at WR.

It’s been such a strange year with limited camp info and no preseason games. I remember seeing him out there week one and he really took me by surprise just being on the field! Yeah, maybe not perfect but shockingly good. Those were not his first toe drags of the season by any means. If you can get cheap, young and talented guys like that in the 4th round you are doing a heck of a job! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, billsfan89 said:

Early in his career Burleson was a bit more of a burner, in his first two years he was averaging about 15 yards a reception. But I believe he got hurt in his third year and he never quite got back to that style of play, most of the rest of his career he was in the 10-12 yards per reception range and played as more of a possession type. 

Tore his acl in the Bills vs Seahawks opener.......Trent Edwards game .....the season we started 5-1.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:08 PM, billsfan89 said:

Davis actually reminds me of Burleson a lot. Burleson was a big receiver with very good body control who had good but not great hands and solid but not fantastic speed (Burleson ran a 4.43 forty time and Davis ran a 4.54.) Davis seems like he is going to have a similar type of career. I think him being in the WR fold is great for the team long term. Brown is older and often hurt and Beasley will be 32 next season. Having a solid young WR behind those two is a good thing for the roster as this team needs younger talent to start to replace the older more expensive talent. 

Diggs and Burleson are about the same size. 6’0” 195ish. Davis has a couple inches and some lbs on them at 6’2” 210lbs