Gabe Davis interviewed by Nate Burleson after winning toe drag swag

It's been fun to watch him emerge this season.  This is not an easy line-up for a WR to break into and distinguish himself in - but he has had his share of memorable moments and valuable contributions, and was one of the real difference-makers in our 1st playoff win in 25 years.

If I'm being nitpicky, I can only think of one miscue he had all season - the drop in the endzone against the Pats. Otherwise, he's been amazing, especially for a rookie.  We have serious depth at WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Davis actually reminds me of Burleson a lot. Burleson was a big receiver with very good body control who had good but not great hands and solid but not fantastic speed (Burleson ran a 4.43 forty time and Davis ran a 4.54.) Davis seems like he is going to have a similar type of career. I think him being in the WR fold is great for the team long term. Brown is older and often hurt and Beasley will be 32 next season. Having a solid young WR behind those two is a good thing for the roster as this team needs younger talent to start to replace the older more expensive talent. 

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Davis actually reminds me of Burleson a lot. Burleson was a big receiver with very good body control who had good but not great hands and solid but not fantastic speed (Burleson ran a 4.43 forty time and Davis ran a 4.54.) Davis seems like he is going to have a similar type of career. I think him being in the WR fold is great for the team long term. Brown is older and often hurt and Beasley will be 32 next season. Having a solid young WR behind those two is a good thing for the roster as this team needs younger talent to start to replace the older more expensive talent. 

very similar to Dez Bryant imo. Burleson I Remembered as more of a deep threat, but could be off there. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

very similar to Dez Bryant imo. Burleson I Remembered as more of a deep threat, but could be off there. 

Early in his career Burleson was a bit more of a burner, in his first two years he was averaging about 15 yards a reception. But I believe he got hurt in his third year and he never quite got back to that style of play, most of the rest of his career he was in the 10-12 yards per reception range and played as more of a possession type. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Early in his career Burleson was a bit more of a burner, in his first two years he was averaging about 15 yards a reception. But I believe he got hurt in his third year and he never quite got back to that style of play, most of the rest of his career he was in the 10-12 yards per reception range and played as more of a possession type. 

also matches up very well athletically with Devante ADams. That’s exciting. 

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

also matches up very well athletically with Devante ADams. That’s exciting. 

I hope he develops into a Devante Adams type, but even just a solid WR2 like Burleson is a positive for the 4-5 year outlook of the roster.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I hope he develops into a Devante Adams type, but even just a solid WR2 like Burleson is a positive for the 4-5 year outlook of the roster.

Sure. I know he does good thing vs Zone... that deep ball vs maimi was a eyebrow raiser too. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Let me guess, you are an overweight, white racist?

If the comment he made triggered you and others, which is a fair response, I would submit that you're never going to make a difference with anything in life by starting conflict. Perfect opportunity to maybe change someone's perspective by saying "hey, making that comment about someone for looking a certain way is a damaging stereotype and hurts a lot of people, I'd appreciate it if you don't make jokes like this on a public board." Not everyone who makes an insensitive comment is racist. Also, in your response you took a shot at overweight people, which is probably hurtful to others and kind of makes you look somewhat hypocritical. Maybe next time while criticizing people for making caricatures, your response would be better served by not being a caricature itself?

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1