Anonymous Dolphins players: not sold on Tua

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tua hasn't looked good from what I can see.  However after seeing Allen's growth,  I'm not going to label QB's early....his growth is astonishing.

I am confident that Tua will be nothing more than average but I have been wrong....very wrong before.  Specifically with Josh Allen.

Tua doesn't have the raw physical ability that Josh has. 

Tua, if all the stars aligned and he is the best version possible is in the same mold as Drew Brees. Very accurate and can pick your defense apart, but cant make ALL the throws and struggles when things break down.

Josh always had the physical tools to be a transcendent player if he could put them together. It's a tough comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Figster said:

Gaileys resignation suggests the person that probably knows best may not have been completely sold on Tua IMO.

In all honesty I can see Gailey resigning because of how unfair things were to Fitz and the team.

I have a feeling the FO dictated to Flores to get Tua in, but it was handled badly, unfortunately.  

It's a tough situation.  You need to get a look at Tua but you're cutting the team's wrists to do it.

At this point I think Flores should have stood up and refused to play Tua unless he had proved in practice able to execute the offense and lead the team.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, so it’s talking about his actual throwing motion from start to release.

Yes, which from a speed/ timing standpoint getting from point A to point B it helps make up for the lower overall velocity of the throw IMO

54 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Very good point. Watching Tua play, it seems he lost the ability to turn and step into his throws. Anything long the ball sails. Maybe its mechanics, maybe its the hip- at this point I am not sure but he does nothing for me so he should stay put in Miami lol.

It's likely mechanics.  

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

You 100 percent do not know that.  Don’t announce it like it’s an established fact.

Wow, such a strong reaction.  Are you hoping it happens?  

Just now, Doc said:

Wow, such a strong reaction.  Are you hoping it happens?  

No, i just dislike it when people assert something as an established fact (with nothing to back it up) when they actually have no idea whether it will happen or not.

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

No, i just dislike it when people assert something as an established fact (with nothing to back it up) when they actually have no idea whether it will happen or not.

There's no established fact to say he will be traded.  He's under contract, he hasn't asked for a trade and the Texans don't want to trade him.  Until that changes, I'm sticking with him staying put.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Man, I hope not.  Fitz as a Cheat?  <shudder>

Well, he did play college ball in Boston ...

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's likely mechanics.  

Someone posted a twitter thread analysis with video of Tua's physical decline since Alabama. I think it might have been @Hapless Bills Fan. It's pretty interesting. He can't move as well, and he doesn't really push off very well on his back leg (the leg with the hip issues) relative to how he pushed off when he was at Alabama. Maybe it gets better over time, but who knows. Right now, though, he's not the same player physically as before the injury.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

If the Texans trade Watson to Miami I hope the entire franchise burns to the ground. 

How dumb do you have to be to trade a top 5 QB to an AFC opponent. 

Lets hope they hire whoever Watson wants as HC and he shuts up 

Their franchise has been burning to to the ground for a couple years,

McNair family are terrible owners, brain-dead.

Really sad thing is the Texans have had great fan support but after the past two year I think their streak of selling every home game is going to end,

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, he did play college ball in Boston ...

Someone posted a twitter thread analysis with video of Tua's physical decline since Alabama. I think it might have been @Hapless Bills Fan. It's pretty interesting. He can't move as well, and he doesn't really push off very well on his back leg (the leg with the hip issues) relative to how he pushed off when he was at Alabama. Maybe it gets better over time, but who knows. Right now, though, he's not the same player physically as before the injury.

Don't ever tell him about Jordan Palmer! ;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

I'd love to hear the Miami war room debate about Tua vs Herbert last year. Miami fans were absolutely dying to get Tua and would have been crushed if they took Herbert. I wonder if the fan's craziness for Tua had anything to do with the pick, or am I just dumb for thinking the teams care what the fans want...?

The fans wanted Rosen .. so I don't think the organizations (at least the good ones) care. They know if they can build a good team that wins .. the fans will forget how mad they were at the organization for "botching" a draft pick. Anybody still mad we took Allen over Rosen. There were people who swore they were done with this team ... I highly suspect they have managed their way back :)

56 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

In all honesty I can see Gailey resigning because of how unfair things were to Fitz and the team.

I have a feeling the FO dictated to Flores to get Tua in, but it was handled badly, unfortunately.  

It's a tough situation.  You need to get a look at Tua but you're cutting the team's wrists to do it.

At this point I think Flores should have stood up and refused to play Tua unless he had proved in practice able to execute the offense and lead the team.

In all fairnes to Flores it appears he tried to juggle doing both and had Fitz stayed healthy he would have been given the chance to play in the Bills game IMO. Good HC IMO. I hope it works out for the best where Tua is concerned. The team standing behind him is the kind of relations you need to have going forward If its going to work.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

I'd love to hear the Miami war room debate about Tua vs Herbert last year. Miami fans were absolutely dying to get Tua and would have been crushed if they took Herbert. I wonder if the fan's craziness for Tua had anything to do with the pick, or am I just dumb for thinking the teams care what the fans want...?

our fans were praying for Rosen or Darnold if he fell 

5 hours ago, teef said:

it's shocking that a rookie qb isn't full developed  after one season.

He also is coming off a major injury.  I am skeptical. He appears to lack arms strength AND accuracy.  Not a recipe for success in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1