Anonymous Dolphins players: not sold on Tua

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You'd have to be some kind of special to trade Watson for Tua.

The Texans franchise is in utter chaos so right now, trading Watson is on the table.

One of the Texans biggest fault has been to over-support "good god fearing" people and right now that is largely driven by Jack Esterby.

Deshaun Watson wants out and I cant blame him.  The  Texans desperately need frat picks. I could see the brain dead Texans trading for Tua.  Tua does two several for the Texans:

1) It provides PR cover for the organization which is desperately needed.

2) Texans need draft picks and the Dolphins have them.

3) Tua is by all accounts a great honest, god fearing person which the Texans and their ownership has always covetted.

• Like (+1) 2

This has a bit more of the article and one of the Dolphins defenders references Josh

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/01/13/anonymous-dolphins-players-speak-against-team-having-tua-tagovailoa-as-the-qb-in-2021/

It appears Josh has their respect :)

"One defensive player said he isn’t impressed with Tagovailoa’s ball velocity or arm strength or ability to make off-schedule plays with his legs. So he ultimately questions whether Tagovailoa will ever be able to match the feats of other quarterbacks in the AFC such as Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson.

“Those are the boys we got to beat, right?” this player said. “It looks right now like that’s going to be a big challenge.”"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The Texans franchise is in utter chaos so right now, trading Watson is on the table.

One of the Texans biggest fault has been to over-support "good god fearing" people and right now that is largely driven by Jack Esterby.

Deshaun Watson wants out and I cant blame him.  The  Texans desperately need frat picks. I could see the brain dead Texans trading for Tua.  Tua does two several for the Texans:

3) Tua is by all accounts a great honest, god fearing person which the Texans and their ownership has always covetted.

The Texans aren't trading him.  Much less being dictated to where he'll be traded.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What were those players watching?

They didn't see the jaw dropping athleticism, or the cannon arm?

Weird, but I thought the Dolphins had it all buttoned up? Thought Flores was an amazing Coach? 

Strange. 

He's the new QB whisperer, like Belicheat is.

13 minutes ago, Figster said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819447-tua-tagovailoa-is-incredible-cfb-qb-but-is-he-a-tank-worthy-nfl-prospect

If you scroll down it clocks Tua's release equal to Aaron Rodgers. I was reading another article that said fastest release or one of the fastest. ( .35 )

that example they use in the video I have not seen him throw like that in the pros. Perhaps his injury has slowed him down on that regard 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Not surprising.  But I wonder if anyone had the same thoughts about Josh after his first season?

Very good point. Watching Tua play, it seems he lost the ability to turn and step into his throws. Anything long the ball sails. Maybe its mechanics, maybe its the hip- at this point I am not sure but he does nothing for me so he should stay put in Miami lol.

13 minutes ago, 947 said:

Thank God Miami took Tua instead of Herbert.

I'd love to hear the Miami war room debate about Tua vs Herbert last year. Miami fans were absolutely dying to get Tua and would have been crushed if they took Herbert. I wonder if the fan's craziness for Tua had anything to do with the pick, or am I just dumb for thinking the teams care what the fans want...?

50 minutes ago, Figster said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819447-tua-tagovailoa-is-incredible-cfb-qb-but-is-he-a-tank-worthy-nfl-prospect

If you scroll down it clocks Tua's release equal to Aaron Rodgers. I was reading another article that said fastest release or one of the fastest. ( .35 )

OK, so it’s talking about his actual throwing motion from start to release.

• Like (+1) 1

The Dolphins only hope if they want to be anything more than a good but not great team is if they either go all in on a trade for Watson or if they manage to draft another QB and hit. I am not sold on Tua and even if they go out and use their first 3 picks and some cap space on offense to help him out I just don't see it working beyond maybe winning 11 games and a playoff game before falling to an elite team.

8 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I'd love to hear the Miami war room debate about Tua vs Herbert last year. Miami fans were absolutely dying to get Tua and would have been crushed if they took Herbert. I wonder if the fan's craziness for Tua had anything to do with the pick, or am I just dumb for thinking the teams care what the fans want...?

It’s possible.  It’s insane that they took Tua at 5 with all the medical questions, when Herbert was just sitting there for them.  The Phins had three first round picks last year and may have whiffed on all three, although the tackle they drafted played pretty well, despite being a reach at that spot.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If the Texans trade Watson to Miami I hope the entire franchise burns to the ground. 

How dumb do you have to be to trade a top 5 QB to an AFC opponent. 

Lets hope they hire whoever Watson wants as HC and he shuts up