Anonymous Dolphins players: not sold on Tua

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not surprising.  But I wonder if anyone had the same thoughts about Josh after his first season?

I would highly doubt that. Josh was clearly the best QB on the team, Tua is not.

Josh worked incredibly hard and was a natural leader... it seems as though Tua is not.

Also, the coaches trusted Josh to throw the ball more than 10 yards down field.

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

it's shocking that a rookie qb isn't full developed  after one season.

It's also surprising that a rookie QB says the NFL is "easier than expected" after one game where he wasn't that good and got carried by the rest of the team. That quote struck me when I read it.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, teef said:

it's shocking that a rookie qb isn't full developed  after one season.

The notion that they could insert him as a starter in his rookie season, probably before he was ready, and then move on from him after they almost went to the playoffs 2 years ahead of schedule is ridiculous.  Obviously he looked limited at times but if Flores had just kept him behind Fitz on the bench this conversation wouldn't be happening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not surprising.  But I wonder if anyone had the same thoughts about Josh after his first season?

Maybe but everyone saw that Allen had elite talent and traits.  What elite traits does Tua have?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Paywall...any specific quotes you can post?

And that caught the attention of at least three players within the team because they have told the Herald in recent days they didn’t see enough from Tagovailoa in 2020 to promise him, well, anything for next season.

“I understand what they said,” one player said. “But I don’t understand why.”

But the concerning thing to the players who spoke to the Herald is they are not convinced Tagovailoa is going to be great in the future.

They said they were unimpressed by Tagovailoa during training camp to the point they thought he wouldn’t be ready to play in 2020. They said they were “caught totally off guard,” as one put it, when Tagovailoa was named the starter the seventh game of the season.

And another said that before the season finale when players were informed by Flores that Ryan Fitzpatrick would not be available against the Buffalo Bills, he was disappointed because he believes Fitzpatrick was better than Tagovailoa.

People thought Tua would be special because he was the first good Bama QB.

Now Mac Jones did the same thing this year probably even better.

I would be horrified if I were a fins fan. Everyday it looks more like Tua wont be elite and will need an incredible team around him to be effective. Not what you want from a top 5 pick.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe but everyone saw that Allen had elite talent and traits.  What elite traits does Tua have?

he’s accurate and gets the ball out quick 

I still think it’s crazy to judge him off this past season. Coming off a major injury + no preseason it was always gonna be rough for him 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

Tua is going up against Fitz and we all know Fitz is a great guy and a team player not to mention pretty smart so it will be a up hill climb for Tua to win the other team mates over . 

Fitz has shown (despite his INT's) that he is a gamer when ever he steps on the field and all the players around him rally when he plays it's almost like the situation the Bills had with Flutie & Johnson.

Bills players rallied behind Flutie but Ralph was pulling the money out of his wallet so he wanted his new shiny QB to be on the field causing a lot of confusion which we all know how that worked out .

• Agree 2

I'm not surprised by this at all.  Guy was trikes me as smart, which is valuable, and accurate, also valuable.  Beyond that, I couldn't get too excited about him.  

Not at all a good sign that guys on the team don't see enough promise to keep their mouths shut. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Penfield45 said:

he’s accurate and gets the ball out quick 

I still think it’s crazy to judge him off this past season. Coming off a major injury + no preseason it was always gonna be rough for him 

Is he really that accurate?  I saw some throws that didn't look too accurate when we played them last week

• Agree 1