Jump to content

Don't watch GMF this morning.......it'll frustrate you!


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

But last year, the Bills were one of the few teams that made life difficult on Jackson and the Ravens. In a seven-point win at Buffalo in 2019, Baltimore finished with a season-low 257 total yards.

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2021/01/baltimore-ravens-vs-buffalo-bills-numbers-that-could-tell-the-story-of-the-divisional-round-matchup.html

McDermott is one of the best Defensive guys in the game.  We have the personnel.  No excuses. Gonna be a dog fight. 

Bills 27 Ravens 17

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is good. I want our guys to feel slighted going into Saturday night's matchup. I want a pissed off Bills squad that plays with a chip on their shoulder for 60 minutes. This team can beat any othe

They did a segment on the Bills vs Ravens game:   #1 - Weather will be an issue......advantage Ravens #2 - Bills played bad against the Chiefs in bad weather......advantage Ravens

You took the bait... never take the bait on talking head sports programming, ever, it’s all scripted, for max views and clicks,  it’s not actual personal views.    

Posted Images

It’s amazing how much media there is for the NFL.   With all the TV, Internet, and social media coverage it only makes sense that the quality of it is poor.  Why listen to, or concern yourselves with, all these opinions?   The majority come  from unqualified people who mimic what they heard another person say.  
 

The game will be decided on the field and I like our chances.  I expect a better overall performance from last week and another win in a closely contested game.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

They did a segment on the Bills vs Ravens game:

 

#1 - Weather will be an issue......advantage Ravens

#2 - Bills played bad against the Chiefs in bad weather......advantage Ravens

#3 - Ravens played a bad weather game last year against the 49ers and played well.....advantage Ravens.

#4 - Ravens avg 200+ rush yards a game in December(Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals)

 

Uhhhhhhh did I miss something.......didn't the Ravens also play the Chiefs this year and lost 34-20 with LJ passing for 97 yards?  Didn't the Ravens play in a bad rainy weather game against the Patriots this year and lost 23-17 with LJ passing for 118 yards?  Why bring up our loss to the Chiefs and not their loss? Why show a clip from a bad weather game from last year and not talk about the bad weather game they just played a month and a half ago?

 

I'm starting to really hate the Ravens!

 

Is this what you hated?

 

 

 

 

Just now, Bob in STL said:

It’s amazing how much media there is for the NFL.   With all the TV, Internet, and social media coverage it only makes sense that the quality of it is poor.  Why listen to, or concern yourselves with, all these opinions?   The majority come  from unqualified people who mimic what they heard another person say.  
 

The game will be decided on the field and I like our chances.  I expect a better overall performance from last week and another win in a closely contested game.  

 

IMO  From the top 3 or 4 outlets 

 

NFL Network, by default GMFB, CBS, FOX ESPN --  the GMFB crew is one of the best out there. 

You will NEVER see complete praise for any team.  Even KC and GB gets criticized.

 

NFL Network, GMFB  Tie at 1 and 2

CBS is OK

FOX and ESPN are just bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

 

This is true.  By passing QB's.

 

Rivers is good and always has been.   Its just his post season that kills his reputation. 

 

 

Still, as I said the bulk of the yards were gained on the ground by the Colts. That, combined with our chronic inability to cover any TE in the passing game, means teams can score as quickly on us as we can score on them.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

 

Still, as I said the bulk of the yards were gained on the ground by the Colts. That, combined with our chronic inability to cover any TE in the passing game, means teams can score as quickly on us as we can score on them.

 

 

True again.  The bend but don't break Defense by Buffalo limited the Colts to few points. 

Didn't Rivers have to go to the air to score twice quickly? 

 

Yes, Lamar can pass, but can he pass to win if trailing?  That is the question.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

More and more prognosticators taking the Ravens and saying Bills don't stand much of a chance...I like it that way. Bills play even better with a chip on their shoulder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Last season they were 1st or 2nd in the league on 3rd down. It has been a problem this year I agree but mainly in passing situations. That worries me less with Baltimore. They have actually done okay on 3rd and short rush attempts.

They were...until the Texans mounted that come back. Bills struggled to get off the field on 3rd down in the 2nd half/OT. It’s been somewhat of an issue ever since that game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

It’s amazing how much media there is for the NFL.   With all the TV, Internet, and social media coverage it only makes sense that the quality of it is poor.  Why listen to, or concern yourselves with, all these opinions?   The majority come  from unqualified people who mimic what they heard another person say.  
 

The game will be decided on the field and I like our chances.  I expect a better overall performance from last week and another win in a closely contested game.  

Gmfb’s a pretty entertaining watch. They’re usually pretty high on the Bills. 

 

I think they just really think its a nghtmare matchup for the Bills and are probably leaning toward Ravens coming out on top. 

 

Thats cool, people have opinions. We don’t have to agree with them and can still watch the show. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

 

True again.  The bend but don't break Defense by Buffalo limited the Colts to few points. 

Didn't Rivers have to go to the air to score twice quickly? 

 

Yes, Lamar can pass, but can he pass to win if trailing?  That is the question.

 

 

It's a good question, but if the Colts could score on us quickly in large part by running the ball.

 

First drive, 75 yards, 49 on the ground. Second drive, 76 yards, 33 on the ground. Lamar could easily do at least that with his legs...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rubes said:

 

Still, as I said the bulk of the yards were gained on the ground by the Colts. That, combined with our chronic inability to cover any TE in the passing game, means teams can score as quickly on us as we can score on them.

 

 

 

The bulk of yards you refer to came on the ground when the Bills were expecting the Colts to pass the football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rubes said:

 

It's a good question, but if the Colts could score on us quickly in large part by running the ball.

 

First drive, 75 yards, 49 on the ground. Second drive, 76 yards, 33 on the ground. Lamar could easily do at least that with his legs...

 


could. IMO LJ is overhyped.  

 

the Bills did a good job containing him and he last time IIRC. 

 

Josh has improved immensely and LJ is the same as he was.  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They were...until the Texans mounted that come back. Bills struggled to get off the field on 3rd down in the 2nd half/OT. It’s been somewhat of an issue ever since that game. 

 

The Bills defense faced third down 7 times in the second half/OT.  They stopped 4 of them.  Plus a 4th down stop as well.  One was 3rd and short.  One was 3rd and 8.  The other was 3rd and 18.  Those two hurt and made it seem worse than it was.

Edited by Scott7975
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

 

The Bills defense faced third down 7 times in the second half/OT.  They stopped 4 of them.  Plus a 4th down stop as well.

Not as bad as I thought.....pretty sure the 3rd downs they did convert were long 3rd downs at crucial points in the game.(Specifically the game winning drive in OT where everyone on defense seemed to forget where the first down marker was). 
 

Edit: Bills are middle of the pack on 3rd down stops this year(16th in the league). Interestingly enough the Ravens defense is 2nd in the league in getting off the field on 3rd down and the Bills offense is first in the league in 3rd down conversions. Another thing to watch for Saturday.....

Edited by ScottLaw
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScottLaw said:

Not as bad as I thought.....pretty sure the 3rd downs they did convert were long 3rd downs at crucial points in the game.(Specifically the game winning drive in OT where everyone on defense seemed to forget where the first down marker was). 

 

Yes, I edited it to say that those two 3rd and longs really hurt and made it look worse than it was.  3rd and 18 should have been stopped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Forecast changed 

 

it’s hardly gonna snow. 

Yeah, it sounds like we are going to get maybe a dusting type thing, but not a lot more.


Not sure that will impact anything, one way or the other.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After this last game against the Colts it's giving a lot or people pause to think the Bills might be on a downward trend now.  24-27 that the Colts could have easily won and perhaps should have won. 

 

76 plays vs 58, 27 first downs vs 22, 472 yards vs 397. ToP 34:17 vs 25:43 The Bills just blew out the Dolphins the week previous and against the Colts they just kinda blew...

 

The Josh Allen fumble at the end...the Bills were very lucky to have recovered that ball. Not kicking the FG, a missed FG. 

 

Josh Allen needed to carry the Bills offense as the Buffalo run game wasn't really a threat.

 

So, It all comes down to who shows up on Saturday night. The Ravens will bring it along with their very good defensive secondary, blitzes and offensive run game. The latter is usually more productive in snowy, cold weather games. Hence the worry for Buffalo which is mostly a passing offense.

 

Will the very good Buffalo offense show up? Like the one that destroyed the Miami highest paid CB's in the league and made them look silly. Like the one that put up 56 points against the #1 points allowed Miami Dolphins defense in week 17? 

 

Will the good Buffalo defense show up...like the one that made that Miami rookie QB look like a bust or the one that made old man Rivers look he was a youngster, no pressure on him really, no sacks, no INTs which he is noted to throw in big games.

 

Will the Bills OC and DC remove their craniums from their posteriors and game plan better, call better games this week? 

 

If the good Buffalo Bills show up and score a bunch, get the lead and make the Ravens move away from their run game...while containing Lamar Jackson, their big TE Mark Andrews. If the Bills O line has an answer for that daunting Ravens blitz while giving Josh time to throw...it should a win.

 

 

 

P.S. Let's not forget that a bunch of sites were saying that the Dolphins defense was going to shut down the Bills offense. Look what happened there.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one like media slightly favoring Ravens. Bills have gotten massive media love for weeks. And honestly Bills played a B game and JA carried the team. 
If wind is moderate I don’t think snow will hurt Bills passing game. Advantage offense in snow as receivers know where they are going. I like media slightly against us. Ravens scored 20 on a not so great Titans D. If they score 20, Bills win. Manage Lamar and keep running game under 175, keep TE catch’s under 10. Bills 24-20. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

 

The bulk of yards you refer to came on the ground when the Bills were expecting the Colts to pass the football.

 

Nevertheless, they were able to rip off several very long runs, which were just as effective as long passes and helped lead to very quick scores.

 

Expecting the Colts to pass neither slowed them from passing nor slowed them from running, and did nothing to slow them from scoring.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...