Don't watch GMF this morning.......it'll frustrate you!

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Let me also add........Per Peter Schrager: Jonathan Taylor ran all over us to the tune of 21 car 78 yds 3.7avg.  Hines got loose for 2 runs of 29 and 33, other than those 2 runs the Colts didn't do much on the ground........28 car 101 yds 3.6 avg.

I know you cant take those 2 runs away, but our run defense being horrible in that game was so overblown.

Agreed - Third down defense was the issue against the Colts.

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

They did a segment on the Bills vs Ravens game:

#1 - Weather will be an issue......advantage Ravens

#2 - Bills played bad against the Chiefs in bad weather......advantage Ravens

#3 - Ravens played a bad weather game last year against the 49ers and played well.....advantage Ravens.

#4 - Ravens avg 200+ rush yards a game in December(Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals)

Uhhhhhhh did I miss something.......didn't the Ravens also play the Chiefs this year and lost 34-20 with LJ passing for 97 yards?  Didn't the Ravens play in a bad rainy weather game against the Patriots this year and lost 23-17 with LJ passing for 118 yards?  Why bring up our loss to the Chiefs and not their loss? Why show a clip from a bad weather game from last year and not talk about the bad weather game they just played a month and a half ago?

I'm starting to really hate the Ravens!

So the media narrative is "advantage Ravens".  Buffalo vs Everybody, man, buckle up!

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Nate Burleson made this exact point on the show so I'm not sure how it was overlooked.  Basically said the same thing that Allen has been playing in cold weather for the last 3 years.

Actually 5.  Laramie weather makes the OP look like a walk in the park.

Edited by BearNorth

50 minutes ago, mattynh said:

This is a tough matchup for the bills defense.  Saying that is not disrespect. It does not mean the bills will lose either.  It’s a bad matchup....on paper.   

Agreed.

It's a bad matchup under the statistics showing that we struggle against the run.

However, McDermott has always seemed to be very prepared to slow down teams that are somewhat one-dimensional.  

Edited by SCBills

you can throw all the stats, bad weather, where they're playing and what they did this past season out.

both teams are 1-0 in the postseason. it's going to be a dog fight with both teams playing hard for what's on the line.

win, on to the afc championship.

lose, prepare for the off season.

I want to believe the bills will edge this one out. it's the playoffs so it comes down to who makes the best plays and can create opportunities in all 3 phases. 60 more minutes of a chance to advance. if they don't win I will still be as proud of how the team went through the 2020/21 season and making it to the divisional round.

14-3 so far, total wins. need 3 more.

17 has been a magic number for buffalo, which is still achievable. reaching that would mean they'll hoist the lombardi...GO BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont think its a bad matchup at all.  The best rushing team vs one of the best passing teams.  I'll take the passing team all day.

The offenses aren’t taking the field vs air. 

Bill run defense has been inconsistent to say the least. The part of the field the bills defend best the Ravens don’t use. 

The ravens passing and scoring defense are tops. And while their run D is not as good, the Bills can’t run at all. 

This is the tough match up on paper everyone is rightfully talking about. It’s not to say can’t win, won’t win etc. defense could step up and play tough, Digg and Allen could play out of their minds, one of the RBs stepping up might have the game of their life, coordinators might find a great match up to exploit all day... but it’s a tough match up on paper based on what is known. 

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed - Third down defense was the issue against the Colts.

Third down on both sides of the ball was a problem 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

They did a segment on the Bills vs Ravens game:

#1 - Weather will be an issue......advantage Ravens

#2 - Bills played bad against the Chiefs in bad weather......advantage Ravens

#3 - Ravens played a bad weather game last year against the 49ers and played well.....advantage Ravens.

#4 - Ravens avg 200+ rush yards a game in December(Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals)

Uhhhhhhh did I miss something.......didn't the Ravens also play the Chiefs this year and lost 34-20 with LJ passing for 97 yards?  Didn't the Ravens play in a bad rainy weather game against the Patriots this year and lost 23-17 with LJ passing for 118 yards?  Why bring up our loss to the Chiefs and not their loss? Why show a clip from a bad weather game from last year and not talk about the bad weather game they just played a month and a half ago?

I'm starting to really hate the Ravens!

It is easy to find reasons that we will win or lose this game, but luckily, the game is not played on paper.  I have faith in Josh Allen, and this team in general, to do whatever it takes to win this game. At the end of the day, I don't think the Ravens will be able to outscore us.  Go Bills!

I watched Aaron Rodgers and the Packers dominate the Titans through the air, and Henry do nothing on the ground, in Lambeau Field on a snowy, frigid night Week 16 this season.  Davante Adams carved up the DBs that night on the slippery turf.   Bad weather can cut both ways.

I'm not worried about the offense, Josh is going to be Josh,  Diggs is going to be Diggs.  I think the entire game is going to come down to one simple factor, will the Bills' defense tackle well.  If they are bouncing off people and not wrapping up, we are going to lose.  If they tackle clean we are going to win.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The only good thing about that Network is Kay Adams that whole networks football coverage pretty much sucks 

Kyle is good entertainment value.  He’s an actor that knows more about football than most actors.  At least he played in college.  

nate is as sharp as they come.  Not sure why anyone would hate on him.

peter, bleh.  He works hard. Not a fan. 

kay is looks good, but not as good as she used to look. Trying too hard nowadays.

31 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The offenses aren’t taking the field vs air. 

Bill run defense has been inconsistent to say the least. The part of the field the bills defend best the Ravens don’t use. 

The ravens passing and scoring defense are tops. And while their run D is not as good, the Bills can’t run at all. 

This is the tough match up on paper everyone is rightfully talking about. It’s not to say can’t win, won’t win etc. defense could step up and play tough, Digg and Allen could play out of their minds, one of the RBs stepping up might have the game of their life, coordinators might find a great match up to exploit all day... but it’s a tough match up on paper based on what is known. 

Third down on both sides of the ball was a problem 

The ravens scoring d is tops.  Their passing d is 6th and run d is 7th.  

50 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

So who does McDermott use as a spy on Jackson?  Edmunds, Milano, Poyer, Hyde?  Thoughts?

I'm not for the SPY move.  

Just play for the run.   Locking 1 player up in the spy roll is 1 less guy to play the field 

but what do I know?  ;)  

Be Prepared.  Do Your Job 

JWB 

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I'm not for the SPY move.  

Just play for the run.   Locking 1 player up in the spy roll is 1 less guy to play the field 

but what do I know?  ;)  

Be Prepared.  Do Your Job 

JWB 

We should not spy Jackson because if he breaks out and you have a spy it is basically just on that guy to stop him. Find me the guy who is as good an athlete as Lamar Jackson. You can't. Play our scheme, stay in zone and if he breaks out adhere to your scheme principles and rally to the ball and gang tackle.

I actually just watched this and they did talk about Josh Allen playing in Wyoming and said he will be great and said he was the ultimate "X factor" and said he can play in any conditions.  I agree that they said the conditions favor the Ravens, but they did mention all their players who are from Florida and said they are in for a surprise with conditions in Buffalo.  Nothing they said was wrong, but I have faith in Josh getting it done.  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Kyle is good entertainment value.  He’s an actor that knows more about football than most actors.  At least he played in college.  

nate is as sharp as they come.  Not sure why anyone would hate on him.

peter, bleh.  He works hard. Not a fan. 

kay is looks good, but not as good as she used to look. Trying too hard nowadays.

The ravens scoring d is tops.  Their passing d is 6th and run d is 7th.  

I went by yards per attempt as the more meaningful measure imo....

Running they allow 4.6 ypc which is in the 20’s.  

Passing NY/A 5.6 or 4th.

pts allowed is second behind Rams. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We should not spy Jackson because if he breaks out and you have a spy it is basically just on that guy to stop him. Find me the guy who is as good an athlete as Lamar Jackson. You can't. Play our scheme, stay in zone and if he breaks out adhere to your scheme principles and rally to the ball and gang tackle.

Yeah, I agree with this, the Bills don't have anyone good enough to be sure to tackle Lamar one-on-one.  It's also why I don't think we'll play much nickel.  Play a solid base D focused on stopping the run and forcing throws to the outside.

• Agree 1