Don't watch GMF this morning.......it'll frustrate you!

They did a segment on the Bills vs Ravens game:

#1 - Weather will be an issue......advantage Ravens

#2 - Bills played bad against the Chiefs in bad weather......advantage Ravens

#3 - Ravens played a bad weather game last year against the 49ers and played well.....advantage Ravens.

#4 - Ravens avg 200+ rush yards a game in December(Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals)

Uhhhhhhh did I miss something.......didn't the Ravens also play the Chiefs this year and lost 34-20 with LJ passing for 97 yards?  Didn't the Ravens play in a bad rainy weather game against the Patriots this year and lost 23-17 with LJ passing for 118 yards?  Why bring up our loss to the Chiefs and not their loss? Why show a clip from a bad weather game from last year and not talk about the bad weather game they just played a month and a half ago?

I'm starting to really hate the Ravens!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is good. I want our guys to feel slighted going into Saturday night's matchup. I want a pissed off Bills squad that plays with a chip on their shoulder for 60 minutes. This team can beat any other in the NFL no matter the weather, no matter the venue. And our guys are accustomed to this weather and our venue is The Ralph. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

But last year, the Bills were one of the few teams that made life difficult on Jackson and the Ravens. In a seven-point win at Buffalo in 2019, Baltimore finished with a season-low 257 total yards.

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2021/01/baltimore-ravens-vs-buffalo-bills-numbers-that-could-tell-the-story-of-the-divisional-round-matchup.html

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You took the bait... never take the bait on talking head sports programming, ever, it’s all scripted, for max views and clicks,  it’s not actual personal views.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I can't disagree with any of those points though.

The Patriots also played us twice; once in bad passing weather (which is more wind related than snow related) and once in decent passing weather.

The game in bad passing weather (higher winds) was MUCH closer.

This is also probably because both teams were at different levels of competency (and to be fair, motivation) at those points.

I actually hope it does snow, because in most of the snow games I've watched over the years, the advantage goes to the offense - whether a runner with a ball, or route running prior. It's a lot easier to get separation on a semi-slick surface when you are the one deciding when to change direction. It's a lot harder for the defender to change direction as a reaction. Sure, that goes for a RB too, but if the game comes down to their RBs making a cut and beating one defender in an area where there are usually (hopefully?) two more in close proximity and within 4-7 yards of the LOS vs. a receiver making a cut to catch a ball 15-20 yards downfield...I'll take the receiver over the RB all day (and twice on Saturday.)

7 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

#3 - Ravens played a bad weather game last year against the 49ers and played well.....advantage Ravens.

#4 - Ravens avg 200+ rush yards a game in December(Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals)

Uhhhhhhh did I miss something.......didn't the Ravens also play the Chiefs this year and lost 34-20 with LJ passing for 97 yards?  Didn't the Ravens play in a bad rainy weather game against the Patriots this year and lost 23-17 with LJ passing for 118 yards?  Why bring up our loss to the Chiefs and not their loss? Why show a clip from a bad weather game from last year and not talk about the bad weather game they just played a month and a half ago?

The Bills gave the Chiefs the running game because it is the lesser of two evils. We ALLOWED them to run on purpose. The Ravens are the opposite. Watch us to stuff the running game consistently. Get a 2 score lead and dont look back!! 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HOUSE said:

But last year, the Bills were one of the few teams that made life difficult on Jackson and the Ravens. In a seven-point win at Buffalo in 2019, Baltimore finished with a season-low 257 total yards.

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2021/01/baltimore-ravens-vs-buffalo-bills-numbers-that-could-tell-the-story-of-the-divisional-round-matchup.html

I remember that...but i also remember this defense is not playing as well as they did last year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I remember that...but i also remember this defense is not playing as well as they did last year.

Agreed, not even close... the good part is our Offense is not playing like last year either.

Edited by gordong
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Against a much better Bills defense. 

Just now, gordong said:

Agreed, not even close... the good part is our Offense is not playing like last year either.

Im with ya. If the Ravens dont rattle JA they will have to play a very good offensive game. 

If our defense can manage a couple of stops and a turnover or two itll be lookin favorable for us.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I don’t put much stock into national broadcast including GMF - who have largely been positive about the Bills.

With covering the entire league, I feel that they only follow a handful of teams closely. This is why their insight sometimes lacks a lot of detailed insight and context, as opposed to beat reporters.   This is probably why their last matchup (in bad weather) was never brought up.

I’ve noticed in the past there were a few facts that they were completely incorrect about.  I can’t remember them specifically but pretty sure they were shared by Kyle Brandt.  

• Like (+1) 1