If we lose Daboll - Would Brian Schottenheimer be a good replacement?

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

If Daboll gets hired as Chargers head coach and you’re Dorsey, do you go with him back to California where you grew up to work with Herbert or do you stay with the Bills to work with Allen?

If he went as Daboll’s OC, he may not call plays. If he stays, McDermott might give him control.

Dorsey can't leave unless we let him. Considering we interviewed Dorsey to be our OC the same time we interviewed Daboll I think we keep him. The only coach I would expect to jump ship with Daboll would be Shea Tierney who came with Daboll from Alabama. 

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

He took a beating this year. For a guy with wheels he sure seemed to take a lot of sacks. I know he prefers not to run much but he couldn’t seem to escape the rush like normal. 

Meh.  If you thought he got sacked a lot this year you should have watched him the prior two seasons.   He won 12 games and threw 40 TD passes with a weak supporting cast and had to play balls out every week like Josh Allen had to play against the Colts.  It wasn't a sustainable formula.    Other than having DK Metcalf gift wrapped for them they have drafted very, very poorly the past 5 drafts.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:18 AM, wppete said:

I think either Dorsey or Chad hall will be going with Daboll wherever he goes. We are going to lose a lot of  players and staff to Dabolls team.

I have no idea the discussion’s Daboll has had with McDermott/The Bills but it wouldn’t shock me if there was an agreement in place for Daboll to leave certain staff members alone if he takes a HC job elsewhere this off-season. 

I’ve seen it happen before where they agree on certain names or agree that if they leave nobody is touched. I don’t think we get gutted, and if we do lose some staff members it’s going to be lower level guys. 

We have to remember Daboll has connections all across the league, most of his offensive staff here was already in place when he got here, they’re not necessarily his guys. 

On 1/13/2021 at 7:37 AM, ColeB said:

If Daboll gets hired as Chargers head coach and you’re Dorsey, do you go with him back to California where you grew up to work with Herbert or do you stay with the Bills to work with Allen?

If he went as Daboll’s OC, he may not call plays. If he stays, McDermott might give him control.

Great questions.   I’d stay here if I’m Dorsey.  Better shot to prove he can run a high powered offense and likely leads to a Hc offer for him.  If he goes with Daboll, it may be a Bienamey situation where he does not call plays and has a hard time moving up.  

On 1/13/2021 at 9:18 AM, wppete said:

I think either Dorsey or Chad hall will be going with Daboll wherever he goes. We are going to lose a lot of  players and staff to Dabolls team.

I think Hall or Dorset could be Daboll’s Oc (the one not hired here).  I do not see losing a ton of people.   We are now an elite team. People don’t make lateral moves from elite teams.