If we lose Daboll - Would Brian Schottenheimer be a good replacement?

2 hours ago, Magox said:

I would prefer continuity within our own system.  Give me Dorsey or Chad Hall.

I think either Dorsey or Chad hall will be going with Daboll wherever he goes. We are going to lose a lot of  players and staff to Dabolls team.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/1/13/1249275/brian-schottenheimer-declines

I am going to "go with my gut" like he did when he turned down a chance to be head coach here and say no thanks! 

BTW, THIS is why just about every coordinator who has a shot at HC wants it. One day you're the hotshot turning down head coaching interviews, the next you're almost totally forgotten. Gotta cash in when you can.

Lots of interesting names in that article too... What a different world we're in now!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Brian Schottenheimer anyone?  Thoughts.. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/seahawks-fire-offensive-coordinator-brian-schottenheimer-004340081--nfl.html

The Seattle Seahawks fired offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer on Tuesday following a season in which the team set several offensive records but coach Pete Carroll had clear issues with how the offense operated.

Seattle announced the move, citing ''philosophical differences.'' The Seahawks had the highest-scoring team in franchise history, Russell Wilson threw a career-high 40 touchdowns in the regular season, and wide receivers DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett both set club records for receiving.

Still, the Seahawks regressed offensively in the second half of the season, and Wilson and Carroll both made comments following Seattle's 30-20 playoff loss to the Los Angeles Rams that indicated concerns with the lack of adjustments by the offense late in the season.

Absolutely NOT.  Their offense folded down the stretch like a cheap lawn chair. 

Also he runs a completely different offensive system. 

I personally dont think Daboll is leaving, it may be me but it seems like things have gotten really quiet about him getting more interviews and some teams that had interest in him have already hired or are in the process of hiring others. If he does leave though it most likely will be Dorsey who gets promoted. I don’t see them hiring from outside at all. 

43 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Do people like even look at the people they suggest or they just see "Fired/Cut" and rush to make a thread? 

Did you read the OP? 

1. The Schottenheimer name comes with pedigree. 
  2. It is a valid question.

Lastly ..... 

How do you know the fault isn't on Pete Carroll?   

Russell Wilson to Brian Schottenheimer.

"Schotty... I’m grateful for how much you meant to me over the past three years. God blessed me with you, we won a lot of games, threw a lot of touchdowns and had a blast in meetings and our bible studies. The best days are ahead for you. Go be Great. God first. Love. 3.

From an MVP QB. 

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Absolutely NOT.  Their offense folded down the stretch like a cheap lawn chair. 

Also he runs a completely different offensive system. 

Mobile QB.   Likes to air it out.  

See last post - How do you we know the fault isn't on Pete Carroll? 

I'm not Championing him.  I was just asking a question.