Lamar Jackson has never played a football game in the snow.

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why is this even being discussed? There isn't any snow in Saturday's forecast.

Wrong, there is...1 to 3 inches plus lake effect snow. Possibility for wintry mix prior to it changing to all snow meaning there could be an icy glaze underneath it. I used to be a meteorologist major and read the forecast discussion on the NOAA Buffalo website daily.

Lake effect squalls would be ideal as he no doubtably would be looking at the forcast before the game. During the game he would be perplexed saying, but the forcast wasn't calling for snow as he doesn't understand lake effect. It would be in his head bigly!

55 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

A serious question:  why are you here?  It is obvious you don't like the Bills and you want to be negative about them; you've picked against them for Saturday.  Why are you on a site for Bills fans?

Now as to the snow, snow always favors the offensive player, because he knows where he wants to go.  WRs know the pattern they have to run, and DB's have to react and are more prone to slipping.  Same of course with guys running, although in both cases the ability to make sharp cuts and change of direction are impaired.  If you just look at the two QBs, snow would favor Allen's running style more than Jackson.  And I presume Allen running will be a part of the game plan again on Saturday.  Dobbins would run well in the snow, Singletary maybe not so much.  If the weather is dicey, I think the Bills bring up Williams vs. Yeldon as Williams seems to be a more hit the hole and go type runner.  

Why does snow help a WR because they know the pattern they'll run, but not help Jackson as he'll know when he'll make cuts as well? Plus his 48 yard TD run was pretty much a straight line. I think all the posts about the snow hindering Jackson's running ability is just wishful thinking. It will make him more difficult to catch in the open field.

20 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

I don’t care that they lost to the Patriots. They finished the season on fire, have a great defense and a quarterback who can do things no one else on the planet has ever done. Not to mention their running game in general is phenomenal. 

Lulz  you watched them vs the bengals, Cowboys, Giants, and Jags.  

Pump the brakes my man.   I’m pretty sure Alabama would roll those teams right now 

The guy passes for 172 yards and game and is fast.     Take it easy.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
Add

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Oh it is definitely a thing.  Miami used to turtle when they came up here in the snow.

They scored 34 points against us in a playoff game in the snow.  Can you give examples?

Dec 18 2011 - Miami 30 Buffalo 23

Dec 24, 2016 Miami 34 Buffalo 31.

They've done ok in December.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

They scored 34 points against us in a playoff game in the snow.  Can you give examples?

Dec 18 2011 - Miami 30 Buffalo 23

Dec 24, 2016 Miami 34 Buffalo 31.

They've done ok in December.

Playoff games

Red uni's just incase 🙏 for the game it worked out really well against the Colts a couple yrs ago if there happens to be a blizzard they will be able to see every one on the field if the red uni's are the choice .

I hope it does snow just enough to throw Jackson off his game Bills D needs all the help they can get when it comes to keeping Jackson in check .

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Playoff games

just one was a playoff, they didn't 'turtle' is my point. These guys play with injuries that would kill most of us, they're amazing physical specimens. They're not going to 'turtle' in the cold and snow.

The game Saturday is a playoff game too.

Edited by klos63

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wrong, there is...1 to 3 inches plus lake effect snow. Possibility for wintry mix prior to it changing to all snow meaning there could be an icy glaze underneath it. I used to be a meteorologist major and read the forecast discussion on the NOAA Buffalo website daily.

So is that the forecast or just a 10% chance of that happening? I thought I heard that the snow that was possible earlier is less and less likely now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why is this even being discussed? There isn't any snow in Saturday's forecast.

The game is not being played in Buffalo. It is being played in Orchard Park. Even though they are only 15 miles apart it is sometimes like two different countries when it comes to snow.  There is snow in the Orchard Park forecast, not the Buffalo forecast.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So is that the forecast or just a 10% chance of that happening? I thought I heard that the snow that was possible earlier is less and less likely now.

It said lake effect snow is "low-end likely pops".  Likely is used when there is at least a 60-70% chance. Low end likely means 60-65% chance. "Pops" = Probability of precipitation. Forecast discussion is the latest one, written around 6 or 7 am this morning.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why does snow help a WR because they know the pattern they'll run, but not help Jackson as he'll know when he'll make cuts as well? Plus his 48 yard TD run was pretty much a straight line. I think all the posts about the snow hindering Jackson's running ability is just wishful thinking. It will make him more difficult to catch in the open field.

I think it is more difficult to make the kind of jukes and cuts Jackson normally makes if the footing is bad.  Receivers know where they want to get to when they start.

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Luck of the draw I suppose. This is actually really really good news for us. Maybe the snow will help limited his effectiveness on the ground game. 

Especially if it's that wet greasy stuff. Even if it doesn't snow, but they get a little bit of that icy rain pellet's to slick up the field a little bit.

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Weather.com says 1 to 3 Saturday night.  I think the psychological effect might be the greatest impact.  But the greatest physical impact might be learning how to hold onto the ball in a "snow game" if you're not used to it.  

That goes for our guys too though. Has Josh ever even played in a snow game in Buffalo before? 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I think it is more difficult to make the kind of jukes and cuts Jackson normally makes if the footing is bad.  Receivers know where they want to get to when they start.

That's true, but a lot of what makes Stefon Diggs great is the ability to break DB's ankles with his cuts before he gets there.  Ditto Beasley

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Weather.com says 1 to 3 Saturday night.  I think the psychological effect might be the greatest impact.  But the greatest physical impact might be learning how to hold onto the ball in a "snow game" if you're not used to it.  

psychological effect of snow?