Lamar Jackson has never played a football game in the snow.

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Everything I've seen so far is saying no snow, 30° and only ~15 MPH winds for Saturday night. Which I think is ideal for our offense.

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

If you go to the hourly forecast for Saturday night there's only a 24% chance of snow showers by kickoff. What little snow we are suppose to get(~1") is suppose to come during the day.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ny/orchard-park/KBUF/date/2021-01-16

Remember the good old days, when only Tom Jolls or Barry Lillis could do this?

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He can barely pass the ball as it is, the snow would take away his ability to run and juke. With his limited ability to pass a football to a WR our game plan would be to stop the run and cover the TE’s.

The best runners on snow are typically faster, one-cut power running backs, who can get low and have bulk.

Ricky Williams, Marshawn & Fred Jackson could all run in snow. Kenneth Davis could, Thurman was also good, but our shotgun handoff counter play would usually take too long and get snuffed out.

If there is significant snow I do believe this great helps our defense as Jackson won’t be as fast and would lose his ability to juke laterally and would force him to commit to a running lane earlier than he would like.

15 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He can barely pass the ball as it is, the snow would take away his ability to run and juke. With his limited ability to pass a football to a WR our game plan would be to stop the run and cover the TE’s.

shouldn't that be the plan regardless.....stop the run and cover the TEs?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Irrelevant. If it snows he could run for 200 yards. 

A serious question:  why are you here?  It is obvious you don't like the Bills and you want to be negative about them; you've picked against them for Saturday.  Why are you on a site for Bills fans?

Now as to the snow, snow always favors the offensive player, because he knows where he wants to go.  WRs know the pattern they have to run, and DB's have to react and are more prone to slipping.  Same of course with guys running, although in both cases the ability to make sharp cuts and change of direction are impaired.  If you just look at the two QBs, snow would favor Allen's running style more than Jackson.  And I presume Allen running will be a part of the game plan again on Saturday.  Dobbins would run well in the snow, Singletary maybe not so much.  If the weather is dicey, I think the Bills bring up Williams vs. Yeldon as Williams seems to be a more hit the hole and go type runner.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

A serious question:  why are you here?  It is obvious you don't like the Bills and you want to be negative about them; you've picked against them for Saturday.  Why are you on a site for Bills fans?

Now as to the snow, snow always favors the offensive player, because he knows where he wants to go.  WRs know the pattern they have to run, and DB's have to react and are more prone to slipping.  Same of course with guys running, although in both cases the ability to make sharp cuts and change of direction are impaired.  If you just look at the two QBs, snow would favor Allen's running style more than Jackson.  And I presume Allen running will be a part of the game plan again on Saturday.  Dobbins would run well in the snow, Singletary maybe not so much.  If the weather is dicey, I think the Bills bring up Williams vs. Yeldon as Williams seems to be a more hit the hole and go type runner.  

Why am I here because I’ve picked against the Bills? You’ve got to do better than that. I’ve picked them a ton recently like everyone else has. I just don’t think they are up to this challenge. Great season that will end Saturday night. Don’t think that’s controversial. 

7 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Why am I here because I’ve picked against the Bills? You’ve got to do better than that. I’ve picked them a ton recently like everyone else has. I just don’t think they are up to this challenge. Great season that will end Saturday night. Don’t think that’s controversial. 

they lost to the patriots and beat a bunch of nobodies.  

The ravens beatdown of the Jaguars really did a number on you huh ? 

6 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Up to the challenge? 

All season long they have been Up to the challenge.  The ONLY games you could argue was against the Titans with 2 weeks rested from COVID and Josh fresh off the shoulder injury from the Raiders game. 

The only other could be the KC game, which was the 3rd game in 12 says and Josh still wearing a brace.  Did you not notice how his #'s skyrocketed again once the brace came off? 

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Anyone remember tackle football in the street in the winter before heavy salting became the norm?

Or walking to the ice pond wearing ice skates?

Hitching cars?

Yes, 50's  kids game was hitching cars.  Catch a rear bumper on a car....and squat down and enjoy the ride behind the car sledding on your boots....hoping you didn't get killed.  I confess to having  tried it, and quit, after deciding living was move important.

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Anyone remember tackle football in the street in the winter before heavy salting became the norm?

Or walking to the ice pond wearing ice skates?

Hitching cars?

I do! I got the world’s biggest black eye when a neighbor kid landed with his knee right into my eye in a snow drift. Couldn’t feel it growing into a huge ‘mouse’ until we all went inside. 

And I remember someone called it “pogeying” on the back of cars. Anyone else? 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

IMO  this is a nothing burger.  

Mind games. 

It snows in Maryland and they do practice outside in the cold and snow.  

Not sure about your neck of the woods, but it hasn't really snowed in DC in the past 3 years. We've probably had flurries 3 days in the past 3 winters and the snow only stuck to the ground once. If Lamar hasn't had any away games in snow, I'd be surprised if he's seen snow since entering the NFL.

28 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

they lost to the patriots and beat a bunch of nobodies.  

The ravens beatdown of the Jaguars really did a number on you huh ? 

I don’t care that they lost to the Patriots. They finished the season on fire, have a great defense and a quarterback who can do things no one else on the planet has ever done. Not to mention their running game in general is phenomenal. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I do! I got the world’s biggest black eye when a neighbor kid landed with his knee right into my eye in a snow drift. Couldn’t feel it growing into a huge ‘mouse’ until we all went inside. 

And I remember someone called it “pogeying” on the back of cars. Anyone else? 

Yep

8 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Everything I've seen so far is saying no snow, 30° and only ~15 MPH winds for Saturday night. Which I think is ideal for our offense.

No, there is a chance for snow from the NOAA Buffalo forecast discussion and for lake effect snow at night---"low-end likely" = 60-65% chance. Expecting 1-3 inch general snowfall on top of whatever lake effect amounts we get. Also a chance for some mixed precip early, like rain/freezing rain.  That could make things very interesting for their running game and would very much mitigate their speed.

"Farther west over WNY, kept chance to low-end likely pops for lake effect on Saturday night in areas favored by northwest winds instead of west or southwest winds. Temps are marginal on Saturday in lower elevations that may see mix of rain/snow at times, but eventually all areas will see snow as ptype by Sat. night. With baseline for the lake effect parameters currently indicating lake equilibrium levels up to 8kft and winds aligned with minimal shear, lake effect coverage and intensity over WNY will be greater with presence of additional deeper moisture and any shortwave(s) rotating around the main upper low. Some guidance hints at this now, but will be hard to pin down til we get closer. Something to watch."

Edited by Big Turk