Kudos to John Wawrow!

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair warning: there is no "mod hive mind", and Simon's generous "call me whatever you want; I don't give a *#@&" should not be taken as a universal precept

Man I thought mods were like this...

Just kidding Hap.  Trying to lighten it up.  Besides you guys do have 7 of 9.

As far as JW, I like that guy.  It would be nice if he was invited if they had another sports radio station or pod cast like Sal’s, amd provided the Bills perspective.  Juxtapose this tool or tries to besmirch this great city, people, and fans to most of the hosts on WGR or even Vic who does his show on Saturdays on NFLR.  I never hear Howard, Jeremy, Sal, Lou, Chris, or Steve slam other fan bases or teams.  They may cite the advantages of our team over them, but not childish derogatory comments like we are still in middle school.

Im glad he declined and thanks for sharing as I never heard this guys original comments last year.  The middle schooler in me (I won’t) after hopefully we destroy them or at least win, call into his show and play back his comments.  

7 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Declining the interview was honorable, sharing it publicly was something else. 

My thoughts exactly. Granted, I have no idea what is behind this (if there is more than Hapless explained), and it is not hard to understand from reactions in this thread that Bills fans approve his reaction, but judging from outside turning down the invitation is always ok, sharing conversation publicly less so. 

On 1/13/2021 at 4:11 AM, H2o said:

John Warrow = Savage :lol:

He most certainly can be.  One of my cherished exchanges on this board is someone lighting into me for failing to protect Mr Wawrow in an argument on this board.  My response was to the effect that he comes well-armed to a battle of wits and needs my protection like a can opener needs help opening cans.

I am glad he's started getting dressed for his Zoom calls, though, instead of doing them in what appeared to be a shabby bathrobe and a wife-beater.*****  Loveya John.

12 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

How is it culturally cancelling?  The guy's an A-hole and someone decided not to work with him.

Never argue with a chap using political buzz-terms.  They're a sure sign of a substitute for reason

*****I should add that if that's actually his Lucky Shirt and responsible for contributing to multiple Bills victories this season and losses while it was laundered, I Take It All Back.  Keep wearing that Sucka!

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Culturally cancel a reporter?  LOL

Oh the horror!!!

You dont exaggerate too much do you?

well, I'm not the one to come back 6 days later to make an issue over a non issue like some, if thats an answer🍺

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

We didn't, Jerry Coleman. But it takes an idiot to know one, I guess.

Having been reffered to as an idiot many, many times by our once upon a time resident idiot finder. ( D C Tom )

I welcome you to the club of idiots jw  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

Having been reffered to as an idiot many, many times by our once upon a time resident idiot finder. ( D C Tom )

I welcome you to the club of idiots jw  

Whatever happened to Tom?

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d like to culturally cancel about 97% of “ reporters”. 

Totally uncalled for. I take offense to anyone promoting such talk.

I mean that sincerely.

Posts such as this reflect the ignorance that has filtered into society, in which people seem to only accept self-validating narratives and take offense to uncomfortable truths.

jw

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, john wawrow said:

Totally uncalled for. I take offense to anyone promoting such talk.

I mean that sincerely.

Posts such as this reflect the ignorance that has filtered into society, in which people seem to only accept self-validating narratives and take offense to uncomfortable truths.

jw

Not directed at you John, but that’s no matter. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect that. It’s unfortunate that “ truth “ has become self validating narratives for journalists who were once unbiased. I’m sincere as well. Cheers and I’ve always enjoyed your contributions to the board. 

• Agree 1