[Incomplete Title] If the Bills get to the superbowl and lose...

Steptide

People asked me that a lot during the drought years and I always said "sign me up, because it would mean we are a contender again" so I'll stand by that.  Yeah 0-5 (and having seen them all) would stink but man, an AFC championship and the lead up to the big game wouldn't.   This team will eventually get one, I Billeave.

Edited by Bills fan since 87

Any other time in my life I would have said it’s Lombardi or nothing. Now that life has humbled me, my perspective has changed.

A playoff win is progress. We’ve already exceeded previous performance. Now we’re playing with house money. I pray the team is as loose as they should be. No one expected deep runs in the playoffs besides us fans. If we don’t reach the mountaintop this year, hopefully we will be there in person next year to cheer them on.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

How mad will you be? I've actually thought alot about this, and in no way am I trying to be Debbie downer here, but the bills being in the playoffs has raised my anxiety level quite a bit lol. 

Anyways, I'd definitely be dissapointed, cuz Ya know, 4 superbowl losses in a row and a 17 year drought, and then another superbowl loss would be tough. However, I think most bills fans would say this season has been a big surprise. I think we expected playoffs and Allen to make a jump this year, but superbowl contenders? I don't know if any of us were expecting that. So I'll be dissapointed, but also really fricken proud. The superbowl hangover is a real thing though. Look at what's happened with teams who've lost the superbowl in recent years. Let's just win it though 😅

Don’t even speak such a thought into the universe. Sheesh...if we get there this year losing is not an option.

Not a single player or coach or personnel exec or even the owner was there when the Bills lost 4 straight in the 90’s.

As a fan you’re allowed to be disappointed, but this current team shouldn't shoulder the burden of failure for those who came before. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

How mad will you be? I've actually thought alot about this, and in no way am I trying to be Debbie downer here, but the bills being in the playoffs has raised my anxiety level quite a bit lol. 

Anyways, I'd definitely be dissapointed, cuz Ya know, 4 superbowl losses in a row and a 17 year drought, and then another superbowl loss would be tough. However, I think most bills fans would say this season has been a big surprise. I think we expected playoffs and Allen to make a jump this year, but superbowl contenders? I don't know if any of us were expecting that. So I'll be dissapointed, but also really fricken proud. The superbowl hangover is a real thing though. Look at what's happened with teams who've lost the superbowl in recent years. Let's just win it though 😅

If the Bills make it to the SB, will you even make it through this and next week?

Maybe this is a moot question! :) 

I share your anxiety.  Isn't it great we're even having this discussion?

• Like (+1) 1

It's WAY too early to address this IMO!

The one thing I would add is that if Josh can maintain this caliber of play for the bulk of his career, we are going to be contenders year in and year out for a long time to come.

I feel like Josh and this version of the Bills has gotten to this point much sooner than the SB Bills did.

Feels like we have more time to get the SB win we are all waiting for.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Of course it would be heartbreaking.  But 0-4 was 3 decades ago.  I've seen a lot of "tee hee hee" about this possibility on twitter and around the internet from other fans, and I feel the same way about it that I do about the idea that 0-4 is some kind of black eye:  it's just bull.  Making 4 straight is an insane accomplishment, just as making the SB would be this year.

I just reject it all, that there is a stigma, or that it would be worse because we already lost 4 ages ago.  It would be bad to lose because it hurts to lose a Super Bowl, but that's it.

All that said, let's just win the damned thing.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd only be mad if they get there and lose to the Bucs and f'ing Brady...and only then because of all of my d-bag Pats fan friends will try to claim it as a victory for them in some twisted way.

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'll just be happy if they're there. With the playoff win, this season is officially successful. Everything else is icing.

Josh is only in year 3, so I'm sure they'll be back.

"Yes, I am sure they will be back."

- Dan Marino

• Like (+1) 1

If we make it there’s no way we don’t win, and I’ll explain why.

In 55 years of the Super Bowl Era, we have had the opportunity to win 4 times, and each of those times we let it slip. Buffalo was booming in the 90s and had a lot going for it for the most part. With those losses it seemed like the start of a downward spiral for the area, not just the team. Eventually we became depressed both economically and spiritually. The jobs were leaving, the people were too, and the football team we all loved became a shell of itself. It was like many of the hollow, vacant factories you find peppered throughout the area.

Fast forward to 2020: after all that has come to pass, Buffalo is doing what it can to come back. With it, a team that’s been so starved of success that for a little bit any morsel of moral victory was enough to satisfy that hunger. Now, we have a team that isn’t satisfied with sitting under the table. They’re willing to fight as hard as they can to take that they’ve been denied, and they won’t be satisfied with coming up short.

McBeane have worked so hard to get pieces in place, and then found their guy to lead the march. Josh Allen took up the sword and has been swinging it since he got here. Nobody took him seriously until he started claiming heads. People know we aren’t here to say “look we made the playoffs, see ya next year!” Anymore. We came for war.

if we get our shot at the king, that crown is coming down. 

ive never been one to believe in destiny all that much, but I feel like our time is coming. Can’t be sure if it’s now or tomorrow, but this is way different than it’s ever been. It’s like being in a desert at this point. You’ve got to keep climbing these dunes one after another, and getting to the oasis is the hardest part... but once you see it, you start moving again. Faster and further until you get to where you needed to be. This team, this city, needs a win. If they get there I don’t think anyone could stop us. They know what it means. They know what it takes.

Grab the sword. Take the hill. Claim the head. Steal the crown.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 3

It would be a let down, but that would be an amazing season. We should all have confidence of the Bills getting back and wining one.

But I think whoever gets through to the Superbowl from the AFC will be the team to win. I don't think the NFC is nearly as strong.

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'll just be happy if they're there. With the playoff win, this season is officially successful. Everything else is icing.

Josh is only in year 3, so I'm sure they'll be back.

Yeah you say that. And I agree but that might not be for awhile. I honestly don’t know how the chiefs have paid mahomes and kept it all together. But once Allen gets his contract and next year with the cap being reduced even more this will get alittle hairy. Plus Daboll n Frazier gone. 

10 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

This is my thought process.

Mine as well. Getting there is gonna be the hard part. 

6 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

If we make it there’s no way we don’t win, and I’ll explain why.

In 55 years of the Super Bowl Era, we have had the opportunity to win 4 times, and each of those times we let it slip. Buffalo was booming in the 90s and had a lot going for it for the most part.

No it wasn’t.  The area had been in economic decline for quite a while already (plants closing, outsourcing, kids packing up and moving to larger metro areas, etc).

• Agree 1

It's going to be interesting. The last time we made it to our 'first super bowl' the country had just entered into a war in the middle east.  This year we have an international pandemic. Somehow it feels strangely similar.  What's Whitney Houston doing these days.....nevermind.