Trump Impeachment 2.0

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

That's why we need term limits.

How do you get them to vote for their own demise??  I can't even understand why these people want to literally die in their seats.  Retire, and enjoy what's left of your life ffs.  It must be a massive rockstar like power trip.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Pretty much all American politicians are scum.  You kinda have to choose which slimepit you want to endorse.

I know...   but I feel like it’s perpetually getting worse. Like a bunch of rich spoiled brats fighting to steer the ship while it’s sinking.  My wife and I have worked our tails off for 40+ years and I pick up my head, look around and feel like we are leaving our kids a worse country than when we got our start. 

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How do you get them to vote for their own demise??  I can't even understand why these people want to literally die in their seats.  Retire, and enjoy what's left of your life ffs.  It must be a massive rockstar like power trip.  

most of these folks do it for the power. I believe that is the number one fundamental problem, they type of personalities that the power attracts. There are probably more sociopaths in politics than prison. 

im surprised more people don’t vilify both parties for having these political lifers that a multi-multimillionaires  from public service jobs. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

NO ONE can watch these videos of the insurrection and equate them with looting a Target!

The cherry on top will be that no one is criminally charged as the ring leader, and those involved get light sentences.  No one will be held responsible for the death, destruction, and lasting impact on our country.  THIS IS MAGA!

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

NO ONE can watch these videos of the insurrection and equate them with looting a Target!

That tweet, is a very valid question, however to your rather inhuman tone deaf retort, You think those that lost loved ones or businesses they spent their life building would agree with you? 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That tweet, is a very valid question, however to your rather inhuman tone deaf retort, You think those that lost loved ones or businesses they spent their life building would agree with you? 

The major difference is one situation was due to a true injustice, and the other was borne of lies spread to support the will of one evil man.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The cherry on top will be that no one is criminally charged as the ring leader, and those involved get light sentences.  No one will be held responsible for the death, destruction, and lasting impact on our country.  THIS IS MAGA!

you can do whatever you want with your maga love/hate... you all look the same.

but to add some facts here, as of 1/26, 150 charged, many facing significant jail time including potential murder charges.

FBI has sieved capital hill atm records, tracing and question of cell phones on network, capturing video evidence.

a former president was impeached again and may be retroactively convicted after getting fired from office of inciting and insurrection or at worst acquitted by a minority and disgraced. 

But keep buying the narrative they all got off. 

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The major difference is one situation was due to a true injustice, and the other was borne of lies spread to support the will of one evil man.  

Oh I see so those murderers were justified. I see. Brilliant. Probably exactly what your maga counterparts would say. You’re all the same. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you can do whatever you want with your maga love/hate... you all look the same.

but to add some facts here, as of 1/26, 150 charged, many facing significant jail time including potential murder charges.

FBI has sieved capital hill atm records, tracing and question of cell phones on network, capturing video evidence.

a former president was impeached again and may be retroactively convicted after getting fired from office of inciting and insurrection or at worst acquitted by a minority and disgraced. 

But keep buying the narrative they all got off. 

Oh I see so those murderers were justified. I see. Brilliant 

The most serious crime so far is entering a restricted area.  No murder charges at all.  I'll put a large wager that the president walks away with a great pension/benefits.  Heck, he may even be president again?? 

We shall see.  

The justified murder comment is a cheap shot. There's a difference between someone dying for a movement, and someone dying for sheer stupidity.  Maybe not for the families involved, but there's certainly a difference.   

Edited by daz28

The only murder  I see is the woman the Capitol Cops shot.  The cop was claimed to have been beaten with a fire extinguisher, but from what I read, there was no blunt force trauma.  The others died from srokes or heart attacks.

4 minutes ago, Wacka said:

The only murder  I see is the woman the Capitol Cops shot.  The cop was claimed to have been beaten with a fire extinguisher, but from what I read, there was no blunt force trauma.  The others died from srokes or heart attacks.

Yeah, but did you see her death certificate.  People are saying.........

50 minutes ago, Scraps said:

It would be a guess on my part but since the Capitol was being prepared for the inauguration, I doubt they wanted any large gatherings there.  As for stopping payments, that is just what Trump does.  He has a long history of welching on deals.

Fair on both counts, though it seems to me that would be obvious to the impeachment managers and part of the discussion.  I could be reading too much into the other poster's thoughts, but the implication was that Trump became involved and overrode the vetoed permit with obvious nefarious intent.  It would matter to me, personally, if evidence existed to that end.  

On the payment issue, I recall seeing stories about Trump and his org doing just that.   I will say it seems quite fashionable for large businesses and many state governments to handle billing and payments in the manner outlined.  It seems in the often seedy world of real estate development, developers are well known for contracting work and then ducking/dodging and stringing along vendors long after the work is completed.  In some cases, payment is never rendered.  I know from first hand accounts it's fairly common for NYS to contract work and get around to paying it whenever, or in some cases, never as administration and priorities change.  If I'm not mistaken, Los Angeles County is currently evaluating what/who they can deny payments to for services rendered.  

32 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The most serious crime so far is entering a restricted area.  No murder charges at all.  I'll put a large wager that the president walks away with a great pension/benefits.  Heck, he may even be president again?? 

We shall see.  

The justified murder comment is a cheap shot. There's a difference between someone dying for a movement, and someone dying for sheer stupidity.  Maybe not for the families involved, but there's certainly a difference.   

Just like there is a big difference between dying for a movement and being killed by a movement. Same goes for stupidity..  

I do hope they convict, hell I hope they put him in jail. And then I hope they apply the same standard to any and every politician that ever has or ever does incite/condone/advocate or support any kind of domestic violence ever again. 

if they make that the bipartisan standard, it’s an improvement to the country. 

25 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Was that murder?  Maybe she shouldn't have tried to go through a broken window of a locked door when police on the other side clearly had their weapons drawn?  Engaging in an insurrection has consequences.

Whether those strokes or heart attacks would have happened without the stress on an insurrection is questionable.  Two more capital police officers committed suicide after the attack.  140 Capitol Police officers suffered injuries at the hands of the mob.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Wacka said:

As the officer I know said, “at least now we know what it takes for democrats to start suddenly caring about cops getting killed and Republicans to stop talking about law and order.” 

you are right about the fact most of the deaths were the insurrectionist (so self inflicted) but there were a number of officers brutally assaulted and one killed according to numerous reports. 

44 minutes ago, daz28 said:

We shall see.  

Holy cow.  

So, you're a single mom working as a clerk at an appliance store, or as a security guard at night.  10,000 people are peacefully protesting outside, bringing attention to their cause.  A splinter 10 or 15 opportunist/gang bangers see the TV section, realize that nothing defines unity like a 52" Sanyo 4D, they break in, shoot the security guard in the head and the single mom in the stomach.  

These murders are better than the other murders?  

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Holy cow.  

So, you're a single mom working as a clerk at an appliance store, or as a security guard at night.  10,000 people are peacefully protesting outside, bringing attention to their cause.  A splinter 10 or 15 opportunist/gang bangers see the TV section, realize that nothing defines unity like a 52" Sanyo 4D, they break in, shoot the security guard in the head and the single mom in the stomach.  

These murders are better than the other murders?  

Did that really happen?  If so, I'd say it wasn't due to BLM.  It was simply opportunistic criminals

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Did that really happen?  If so, I'd say it wasn't due to BLM.  It was simply opportunistic criminals

No BLM members could be opportunistic criminals?   Some member is the protest for equality fired bottle rockets, bottles, molotov cocktails at law enforcement officers huddled in groups of ten or 20. People, including LEO, were beaten savagely across the country.  People were murdered at various locations throughout the summer.  The perpetrators were all political agnostics who huddled within the mother breast of the crowd? 

I guess I'm struggling with how you get to murder is murder but some murder is worse.  It just sounds as if you find certain murders palatable while others abhorrent. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

This is Trump's "I could stand in the middle of 5th Ave. and kill someone..." coming true.  

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No BLM members could be opportunistic criminals?   Some member is the protest for equality fired bottle rockets, bottles, molotov cocktails at law enforcement officers huddled in groups of ten or 20. People, including LEO, were beaten savagely across the country.  People were murdered at various locations throughout the summer.  The perpetrators were all political agnostics who huddled within the mother breast of the crowd? 

I guess I'm struggling with how you get to murder is murder but some murder is worse.  It just sounds as if you find certain murders palatable while others abhorrent. 

I'll give you an example.  Hitler killing 6 million jews is worse than an American soldier killing a POW after they killed his buddy.  There's clearly a difference there, right?