Trump Impeachment 2.0

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

For free speech and the right to assemble.

So now you're redefining that (the libs redefine and make stuff up as they go these day) as "if you attend a rally/protest/etc and bad actors do something violent, you are now complicit and can be fired."

Is this what you're saying yes or no?

These activities are NOT covered under free speech. There is some debate whether free speech can be applied to criminal acts at all, but at a minimum it is black-letter law that the First Amendment prohibits governmental sanctioning of speech unless that speech incites "imminent lawless action and is likely to incite ... such action. 

Not that I expect many MAGA folks to read. But breaking into the capital, being a part of that mob trespassing in highly restricted Federal property, beating and tazing officers, assisting a mob that had designs to kidnap and/or harm our elected leaders, seeking thru force to thwart our government in its performance of its duties, openly advocating the overthrow of our government these are not an expression of free speech, nor do they fall under the guise of peaceful protests, nor are they the same as a riot in downtown LA which would be criminal in nature, but may not break any Federal statutes. 

There are federal legal statutes that many of these morons broke - AND before you embarrass yourself further you should read through them below.

Once you do, ask yourself how many of those who took part in the activities above who can be traced by selfie shots and videos, caught on the many security cameras, identified through facial recognition, backed by GPS data and their own social media accounts will federal prosecutors be able to prosecute based on the statutes.

Losing their jobs is the least of their worries. Most are looking at a long spell in Federal prison simply because they were too willing to believe every lie and conspiracy that right wing propaganda outlets, Don the Con, and his GOP enablers sold them to soak them for cash and votes. Donald will seek to pardon himself and his family, these wayward idiots will not have that option.

FEDERAL STATUTES - these are the statutes that are likely in play, there may be more:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

These activities are NOT covered under free speech. 

What activities?

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Losing their jobs is the least of their worries. Most are looking at a long spell in Federal prison simply because they were too willing to believe every lie and conspiracy that right wing propaganda outlets, Don the Con, and his GOP enablers sold them to soak them for cash and votes. Donald will seek to pardon himself and his family, these wayward idiots will not have that option.

FEDERAL STATUTES - these are the statutes that are likely in play, there may be more:

Do you know something they don't?

Screenshot_20210115-161941_Twitter.jpg

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

What activities?

Do you know something they don't?

Screenshot_20210115-161941_Twitter.jpg

Now I know you don't read that fast...

Pretty easy to see the line of delineation I made regarding the activities that are covered as illegal under federal statutes and those that are not. If you have a protester that was not violating the statutes then they should not be prosecuted as such, if they were a part of activities that violate those statues they will be.

Simple.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Now I know you don't read that fast...

Pretty easy to see the line of delineation I made regarding the activities that are covered as illegal under federal statutes and those that are not. If you have a protester that was not violating the statutes then they should not be prosecuted as such, if they were a part of activities that violate those statues they will be.

Simple.

Who said I ever disagreed with that? 

Has anyone?  

This has been like our reaction to George Floyd.  Whole country on the same page.  Maybe a ton of Rs had no problem with the rally bc its what Trump does.  No sane person has said not to charge actual violent crime committing protesters.   

Simple.  

Where the other side has gone off the rails.....is somehow Trump ordered and planned this....and everyone that voted for him is complicit.

You can absolutely say Trump shouldn't have held the rally....it opened the door to potentially something bad happening.  But he didn't do that because 75 million of us that don't condone storming the Capitol know that forces aligned in all of 2020 to end his presidency.  He didn't help, sure. 

But that fact has made 75 million people feel completely eliminated from the public square.  These are people that support and believe a whole slew of insane things that Trump would be a voice for....like....less taxes!  And not killing babies.  And border Security.  And not starting endless wars.  

He's an **s hole.  We knew this in 2016.  Tell me the other politicians that he destroyed that got rich on their government careers are not.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Who said I ever disagreed with that? 

Has anyone?  

This has been like our reaction to George Floyd.  Whole country on the same page.  Maybe a ton of Rs had no problem with the rally bc its what Trump does.  No sane person has said not to charge actual violent crime committing protesters.   

Simple.  

Where the other side has gone off the rails.....is somehow Trump ordered and planned this....and everyone that voted for him is complicit.

You can absolutely say Trump shouldn't have held the rally....it opened the door to potentially something bad happening.  But he didn't do that because 75 million of us that don't condone storming the Capitol know that forces aligned in all of 2020 to end his presidency.  He didn't help, sure. 

But that fact has made 75 million people feel completely eliminated from the public square.  These are people that support and believe a whole slew of insane things that Trump would be a voice for....like....less taxes!  And not killing babies.  And border Security.  And not starting endless wars.  

He's an **s hole.  We knew this in 2016.  Tell me the other politicians that he destroyed that got rich on their government careers are not.  

Guess what, snowflake .... in 2016 the millions of Americans who voted for Clinton "felt completely eliminated from the public square" but neither Hillary nor her supporters attempted a coup despite the fact that Hillary won the popular vote by more than 3 million votes.   That's what you willfully ignore.   This is not about partisan policy issues but about the POTUS attempting to subvert the US Constitution by his lies.  Donald Trump is a sociopath with no loyalty to anyone or anything but himself.   His sole aim since Biden was declared the winner of the election in November has been to void that, and he's used every means he or his sycophants could think of, legal and illegal, to accomplish that, including siccing that crowd of true believers on Congress in order to stop the formal certification of Biden as the next POTUS.   It was a coup attempt, and Trump is a traitor.

Edited by SoTier

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Guess what, snowflake .... in 2016 the millions of Americans who voted for Clinton "felt completely eliminated from the public square" but neither Hillary nor her supporters attempted a coup despite the fact that Hillary won the popular vote by more than 3 million votes.   That's what you willfully ignore.  

Nope.  The Democrats did not complain at all.  Took the L and went home to work with Trump....

1TNrQluC6aW168LaTrz6OMBwz7QCKTcvwOmMTyem

28 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Nope.  The Democrats did not complain at all.  Took the L and went home to work with Trump....

1TNrQluC6aW168LaTrz6OMBwz7QCKTcvwOmMTyem

Get your head out of your butt.  Complaints are NOT a coup d'etat.    That you refuse to make that distinction means that you are a willfully stubborn liar or that you are moronically stupid ... or maybe both.

I really haven't read through this thread but I think it's safe to say that no future losing one term president will give a speech to encourage supporters to march to the Capitol building the day the electoral votes are about to be certified.  He either failed to foresee that there could be violence which makes him an idiot or he hoped there would be which makes him complicit.  Seeing the way Trump operates over the last four years the former is much more likely.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, Doc Brown said:

I really haven't read through this thread but I think it's safe to say that no future losing one term president will give a speech to encourage supporters to march to the Capitol building the day the electoral votes are about to be certified.  He either failed to foresee that there could be violence which makes him an idiot or he hoped there would be which makes him complicit.  Seeing the way Trump operates over the last four years the former is much more likely.

i agree with this. the issue is the hypocracy. if your going to make that statement and expect accountability then why doesn't anyone see the absolute insanity of leaders who encouraged because as you say "THEY either failed to foresee that there could be violence which makes THEM idiots or THEY hoped there would be, which makes THEM complicit." for the riots that took place all year? 

at this point the reasoning is, well one was for social justice and the other was...this is a effort to disassociate from actions that are clearly wrong. ill repeat the correct answer that i must routinely make. violence is violence and its wrong. those accountable on every level need to be prosecuted...period.

mitigating violence in the name of social justice spits in the face of humanities greatest civil right leaders who fought and died in the name of nonviolent action as a means to change. yet our leaders today are more knowledgable.

"well sometimes thats how you force change."

sorry but riots continued long after state government agreed on defunding and enacting changes within their dept. after minority police capts, some by all accounts were very good were forced to resign. AFTER the president himself tryed to enact a police reform bill BLOCKED by democrats because they want credit. AFTER rioters killed innocent minorities like david dorn, secoria turner ect. ect. AFTER riots continued for edited videos that when given full context was nothing more then a police officer saving his/her own life.

who would edit the videos and why are they not in jail? what leader would advocate "getting in peoples faces" or BAIL THEM OUT after a 8 year old girl was killed? after a young mother was shot down for simply saying ALL lives matter?

these are just the murders. not the enabled distruction.

you want trump accountable..you make good points. you dont want others accountable for causing the EXACT SAME sactioned terror and destruction you need to search your soul and ask why. 

i try and try and get one sentance responses or crickets EVERY TIME. someone explain the hypocracy..please!

Edited by Buffarukus

7 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

you want trump accountable..you make good points. you dont want others accountable for causing the EXACT SAME sactioned terror and destruction you need to search your soul and ask why. 

i try and try and get one sentance responses or crickets EVERY TIME. someone explain the hypocracy..please!

I need to see specifics of who you're talking about about and what specific event that led to looting and rioting.  Also, shouldn't the president of the United States and his massive influence be held to a higher standard?

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I need to see specifics of who you're talking about about and what specific event that led to looting and rioting.  Also, shouldn't the president of the United States and his massive influence be held to a higher standard?

david dorn killed in the early part of the riot for a television. very well known as his wife was invited to the RNC to give her tearful account of who was taken..later in chicago blm advocated looting

secoriea turner. it doesnt shock me she is forgotten. shot dead at the atlanta blm rally. 

i know you know about the young teen shot at seattles chop. the mayor allowed it calling it a "summer of love" should action be taken criminally? is a gov less responsible then a president that has no jurisdiction in states except to protect federal property? 

jessica doty whitaker shot by blm activists for simply saying all lives matter

the fact you need to investigate shows just how biased these news organizations are. im happy you are interested in investigating them, please do and tell others. this isnt about right vs left its about holding a consistent standard for those in power. i do and hope you join me because its a uphill battle for those entrenched in there group thought echo chambers that are not presented with the other side. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, TBBills said:

A possible result of impeaching Trump may be that while the Traitor in Chief may sell pardons and clemency to criminals with deep pockets, the threat of being convicted by the Senate may prevent him from granting preemptive pardons to himself, his children, and others in his inner circle like Guilliani as well as granting clemency to the domestic terrorists who invaded the Capitol on January 6.

On 1/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, Buffarukus said:

david dorn killed in the early part of the riot for a television. very well known as his wife was invited to the RNC to give her tearful account of who was taken..later in chicago blm advocated looting

secoriea turner. it doesnt shock me she is forgotten. shot dead at the atlanta blm rally. 

i know you know about the young teen shot at seattles chop. the mayor allowed it calling it a "summer of love" should action be taken criminally? is a gov less responsible then a president that has no jurisdiction in states except to protect federal property? 

the fact you need to investigate shows just how biased these news organizations are. im happy you are interested in investigating them, please do and tell others. this isnt about right vs left its about holding a consistent standard for those in power. i do and hope you join me because its a uphill battle for those entrenched in there group thought echo chambers that are not presented with the other side. 

This is just false equivalency.

We have had riots throughout our country's history. They are unfortunate, and civil laws are broken and those caught are punished.

What we have not had in 200 years of our history (before Trump and his non-stop lies took office) is citizens storming into our Congress and attempting to subvert/overthrow our government in the performance of its duties. To put the seriousness of the crime in perspective for those so-called "patriots". The last time our capital was overrun and ransacked was in the war of 1812 with the British.

What they did is not comparable to an LA riot, or the Newark riots, or the Atlanta riots. What they did broke several federal statutes that I have already posted previously in this thread. And either you believe Trump is a complete moron and was unaware of what could happen when he whipped up his crowd of MAGA drones and said they needed to march on Congress and only through strength can they force a change, or he was complicit in trying to subvert and overthrow our government in its Constitutional duties to certify the electoral votes.

And those that try to say that he jumped all over the riot to try to defuse it, you probably should take a better look at the timeline of events that better aligns with everything his aids have said since about him watching the riots on TV with rapt attention and only calling for calm after being told that he may be found liable for what they were doing.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/riots-and-the-us-capitol-overrun-the-day-that-shook-america-1.4452731

He was complicit, and how incredibly irresponsible and insanely selfish. One of the things that separates the United States from 3rd world countries and their dictators is our history of peaceful transition of our Presidency. Sure you can have legal arguments, procedural arguments, but no President before Trump has done something so terrible and embarrassing to this country. He has not made America great again, he has divided and weakened us and made us vulnerable in the eyes of our allies and enemies around the world.

He is simply the worst president in our nation's history.

How you cede power with grace in our great nation - brought to you by Vice President Biden when Trump won his election:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4642251/user-clip-it-over-joe-biden-dismisses-electoral-college-challenge&fbclid=IwAR1wrQlIY9FSXbnVKRChlo5mK0Gw9S6jUPRVad5s6d4FC149CNXzUwfxaHk

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, Buffarukus said:

So this incident happened miles away and hours after the protest had ended that day. His daughters seem to of had different feelings on this whole thing.

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/national_news/david-dorn-s-daughters-oppose-father-s-widow-speaking-at-rnc/article_da760964-e7fe-11ea-81fd-8f15f591da91.html

On 1/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, Buffarukus said:

Wasn't at a protest and they haven't actually identified the shooter.

In all this I'm not seeing who is exactly advocating for violence?

• Awesome! (+1) 1