Trump Impeachment 2.0

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I think Trump is always very careful about is words. No, he never said break into the Capitol and violently bring the certification to a halt. If he had, that would have been much more than inciting a riot. That would have ben an act of sedition.

What he did was the political equivalent of shouting "Fire!" in a crowed theater. The person yelling fire could argue that they didn't tell anyone to trample each other to death as they freaked out to evacuate... But you can't incite a riot by yelling Fire in a crowed theater, that's how people die. 

Trump set the conditions of the riot by organizing the event and whipping the crowd into a frenzy, and apparently Don Jr. was worse. Giuliani urged "Trial by Combat." But the inciting of a riot didn't stop there.

As the crowds were breaching the Capitol Trump tweeted out "Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!" As they were breaking down the doors on live TV, that is what he told them. 

And the Trump mob that had been told over and over that Pence was going to change the results of the election start chanting  "Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence,"

while they are breaking into the chamber that Mike Pence is in.

Please watch this review that has some of the most comprehensive video of what happened, and if you still want to hold that that Trump holds no responsibility for inciting these actions, then at least you've seen the whole picture and have come to that conclusion: 

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chris-99178053752

I think people behind the lockdowns are responsible for this.  

They've whipped the country into a frenzy but don't understand bc they can't see from their ivory towers.  

I'd like them all charged.  Just keep them all 6 feet away.  In double masks.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They've whipped the country into a frenzy but don't understand bc they can't see from their ivory towers.  

Do you wish the people that stormed the Capitol wold have gotten to the members of Congress to hold them accountable? 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Do you wish the people that stormed the Capitol wold have gotten to the members of Congress to hold them accountable? 

Charge them.  

Oh wait.  They have been.  

Are any Trump supporters paying their bail?

Edited by Big Blitz

13 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Actually, as I stated sometime after 15 days became till 2023 when they tell you herd immunity appears to have kicked in (you people have no idea what's coming) we can  maybe go back to normal now, in another day and age our response would have been to head straight to state capitols and demand explanations.  

But coo coo let's destract everyone by continuing to blame Trump........the collective rage and anxiety of the country is totally misguided and is absolutely his fault.....

Screenshot_20210113-123314_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz

I was for this new impeachment all the way up until Mitch (reportedly) signaled that the Republicans now think it would be good to impeach him. Mitch is very calculating and is hyper partisan so if it advances his goals, suddenly I have to wonder how far the impeachment process should really go.  Is the impeachment now doing the Trump enablers in Congress a favor?

10 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I was for this new impeachment all the way up until Mitch (reportedly) signaled that the Republicans now think it would be good to impeach him. Mitch is very calculating and is hyper partisan so if it advances his goals, suddenly I have to wonder how far the impeachment process should really go.  Is the impeachment now doing the Trump enablers in Congress a favor?

Not only that, but Mitch thinks that by (allegedly ) not publicly supporting the (alleged) impeachment while pushing forward with the (actual) impeachment, he saves the republican party.

Criss Cross Bobby, Criss frigging cross. 

34 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Not only that, but Mitch thinks that by (allegedly ) not publicly supporting the (alleged) impeachment while pushing forward with the (actual) impeachment, he saves the republican party.

Criss Cross Bobby, Criss frigging cross. 

Dammit, I was certain it was a cross criss but your point is well made.  You have convinced me that it is indeed a criss cross.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Dammit, I was certain it was a cross criss but your point is well made.  You have convinced me that it is indeed a criss cross.  

We’re probably on opposite sides here, but criss cross IS confusing.  He’s either not or not not supporting impeachment. 

Rest assured we’ll both likely lose. 

And Mitch just canceled impeachment but got exactly the headline he wanted.....all the Ds had to do was shut up and let the actual removal from office take place next week.  

Instead, the Ds set what's sure to be a lunacy filled term that already began with Amen and Awoman.....Mitch got this

Thank you all for playing like the children you are...

Screenshot_20210113-135427_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

I think Trump is always very careful about is words. No, he never said break into the Capitol and violently bring the certification to a halt. If he had, that would have been much more than inciting a riot. That would have ben an act of sedition.

What he did was the political equivalent of shouting "Fire!" in a crowed theater. The person yelling fire could argue that they didn't tell anyone to trample each other to death as they freaked out to evacuate... But you can't incite a riot by yelling Fire in a crowed theater, that's how people die. 

Trump set the conditions of the riot by organizing the event and whipping the crowd into a frenzy, and apparently Don Jr. was worse. Giuliani urged "Trial by Combat." But the inciting of a riot didn't stop there.

As the crowds were breaching the Capitol Trump tweeted out "Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!" As they were breaking down the doors on live TV, that is what he told them. 

And the Trump mob that had been told over and over that Pence was going to change the results of the election start chanting  "Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence,"

while they are breaking into the chamber that Mike Pence is in.

Please watch this review that has some of the most comprehensive video of what happened, and if you still want to hold that that Trump holds no responsibility for inciting these actions, then at least you've seen the whole picture and have come to that conclusion: 

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chris-99178053752

It's like a mob boss telling a soldier to go see a guy and take care of it.

Everyone with a brain in their head knows what this means. 

This was no different. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, BillsToast said:

I don't remember him telling them to riot or take over Congress. I do remember him doing his talking points: 1. Robbed during and election 2. We're the same so they are stealing from you and more blah blah blah stuff

Was there something else I missed? I ask sincerely. By that definition anything could be considered incitement so I want clarity not guilt by association. 

Obviously.... You have missed his doings that lead up to that day that he had time to set up but did not set up security.

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And Mitch just canceled impeachment but got exactly the headline he wanted.....all the Ds had to do was shut up and let the actual removal from office take place next week.  

Instead, the Ds set what's sure to be a lunacy filled term that already began with Amen and Awoman.....Mitch got this

This helps never to allow tyranny again, never to allow a man to try and destroy democracy. The only people that don't have a problem with his terrorism are his terroristic supporters like yourself.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not impeaching Trump after the sixth would have been the dumbest thing on earth the Democrats could've done.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Wrong, the president brainwashed people under the assumption that the vote was fraudulent. He lied about the voter fraud and drove his brainwashed followers into a frenzy.

Look at you in a frenzy right now and all along with what Trump has done to you.

Edited by TBBills

26 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's like a mob boss telling a soldier to go see a guy and take care of it.

Everyone with a brain in their head knows what this means. 

This was no different. 

It's more like telling people that HCQ can help with Wuhan virus and then...people drinking fish tank cleaner.  

• Like (+1) 1