Roberts inactive this week is my prediction...

Hebert19

1 hour ago, KellyToTasker said:

Not saying I agree that he will bench Roberts. But he has benched our RBs in the past (Singletary and Moss for long stretches in a game due to fumbling). McDermott demands reliability. 

Yeah, during a game. But I get a sense that he does not try to make it a punishment rather giving a player time to collect themselves. Usually does not seem to carry over to the next game either.

Look at Knox...he has had plenty of gaffes, but when healthy they just keep putting him out there. McD seems to believe in patient development as long as the player is putting in the work and showing improvement. Probably a better way to reach young players today.

Edited by WideNine

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

1.   Love roberts and think he is fantastic at his craft...but he has also made some bonehead decisions the last few weeks that cost us some field position.  

2.  Mckenzie showed he can handle punt returns and may actually be more dynamic there.  

3.   Tucker can and will boom it into endzone as much as he can with roberts out there so kick returns aren't a huge dynamic this game.  

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

We need weapons here and dressing Stills helps with that even if he just runs go routes 10 or 15 times to make them respect that opposite Brown. 

He’s a team captain for goodness sakes!! You don’t healthy scratch an all pro team captain. 

11 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is one of the dumbest predictions I've ever seen

You bet - let's bench our Pro Bowl kick returner because he made a mistake in a game. Next - how about we bench Diggs because of that dropped pass he had in the Colts game & bench Allen due to that 4th quarter fumble that we were fortunate enough to recover, lol. We do get to see some really ingenious personnel decisions proposed on this board!

8 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Because when he's bad he's bad. He pretty much cost us the titans game and almost helped the colts win.

you know he's an all pro this year...right?  he's far, far more good than bad.  i can't believe some of these takes.  

the guy hasn't lost us anything.  he's been nothing but a help.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

you know he's an all pro this year...right?  he's far, far more good than bad.  i can't believe some of these takes.  

Sorry but disagree that turnover in the tenesee game set us behind and we never recovered.

The field position blunders in the colts game set us deep in our own end.

Its not a take its just facts.

Hes had some great returns but I would rather stay at the 25 everytime with 0 turnovers then have some starts at the 40 and risk giving the other team points or nailing us in our own end.

Edited by Sharky7337

3 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Sorry but disagree that turnover in the tenesee game set us behind and we never recovered.

The field position blunders in the colts game set us deep in our own end.

Its not a take its just facts.

Hes had some great returns but I would rather stay at the 25 everytime with 0 turnovers then have some starts at the 40 and risk giving the other team points or nailing us in our own end.

it's not really facts.  it's just a bad interpretation of what actually is going on.  have at it though.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

I'm not sure if he caused the Titans to put up 42 points or if he's the reason the Bills only scored 16, but someone has to pay.

Are you with me or not?

17 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I'm not sure if he caused the Titans to put up 42 points or if he's the reason the Bills only scored 16, but someone has to pay.

Are you with me or not?

you're starting to convince me!

18 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

1.   Love roberts and think he is fantastic at his craft...but he has also made some bonehead decisions the last few weeks that cost us some field position.  

2.  Mckenzie showed he can handle punt returns and may actually be more dynamic there.  

3.   Tucker can and will boom it into endzone as much as he can with roberts out there so kick returns aren't a huge dynamic this game.  

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

We need weapons here and dressing Stills helps with that even if he just runs go routes 10 or 15 times to make them respect that opposite Brown. 

uhm,       1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

• Like (+1) 1

Essh.  Maybe I should have said bold prediction.  :)

Maybe it happens.  Maybe it doesn't.  But I don't think we would see a drop off in production without him in there for a game and having a player that actually plays offense gives us other ways to beat the blitz.  

20 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I agree 100%.

I think Allen will be on a short leash this Saturday too.  He has never won a divisional round playoff game.  If he looks nervous early, i think we will see Barkley play the first half.

• Haha (+1) 2

There is ZERO chance Roberts isn’t suited up and little chance he isn’t given the green light to do what he’s been doing.

It’s clear some of you guys get your football knowledge from playing Madden. In the real world you don’t sit your All Pro kick/punt returner for a practice squad guy who has a good speed rating.

21 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I kinda like mckenzie more than stills as a receiver threat at this juncture.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Essh.  Maybe I should have said bold prediction.  :)

Maybe it happens.  Maybe it doesn't.  But I don't think we would see a drop off in production without him in there for a game and having a player that actually plays offense gives us other ways to beat the blitz.  

We already have 5 WRs with skill sets - Only way i think he goes, is if bease can't. 

AH I don't know the guy was one of the best at his craft this season they need every weapon they can get for this game and if ST's makes a couple good plays that could be all they need but after what he did last week i guess there could be a possibility .