Roberts inactive this week is my prediction...

Hebert19

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tyler Bass, Devin Singletary, Dion Dawkins, Cody Ford, Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips and Tremaine Edmunds were all rookies who played a lot and/or started.

yes after an off season on team of camps OTA preseason for most etc etc...... not raw from PS writing playbook with pen in his palms.......

Edited by cba fan

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Out of necessity.  All of those were in early years of a rebuild, not the heart of a Super Bowl run in the playoffs against a tough opponent.

Bass is only exception, and again, out of necessity as he beat out a veteran and been excellent this year.  And a rookie kicker is far different than a rookie at any other position.

Isn’t that why they were drafted?  Because they were necessary pieces we needed to get to our goal?

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

1.   Love roberts and think he is fantastic at his craft...but he has also made some bonehead decisions the last few weeks that cost us some field position.  

2.  Mckenzie showed he can handle punt returns and may actually be more dynamic there.  

3.   Tucker can and will boom it into endzone as much as he can with roberts out there so kick returns aren't a huge dynamic this game.  

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

We need weapons here and dressing Stills helps with that even if he just runs go routes 10 or 15 times to make them respect that opposite Brown. 

I was thinking the same thing, however I was more along the lines of dressing Yeldon and Williiams and let McKenzie handle returns. But I am not sure about that even

I wouldn’t have a problem sitting him. 
Not because of a bad game. 
But I do agree even in some weather Tucker is probably putting that bad boy out of the end zone. Roberts impact may be minimal. Always the chance he breaks a good one and that’s a fun threat to have. If they felt they needed the extra roster spot I wouldn’t be mad at it though. I also don’t think the players would be upset in that scenario 

Edited by Rc2catch

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Isn’t that why they were drafted?  Because they were necessary pieces we needed to get to our goal?

Yes, during a rebuild.  We aren't rebuilding anymore, we are making a SUPER BOWL push.  How is this complicated, I really don't understand how you don't see the difference.

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes, during a rebuild.  We aren't rebuilding anymore, we are making a SUPER BOWL push.  How is this complicated, I really don't understand how you don't see the difference.

I’m not arguing whether its a difference or not.  I was more commenting on the statement that McDermott chooses vets over the more skilled player.  That’s the part I don’t agree with, I think McDermott will play the better player.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m not arguing whether its a difference or not.  I was more commenting on the statement that McDermott chooses vets over the more skilled player.  That’s the part I don’t agree with, I think McDermott will play the better player.

Well that I agree with 

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

I think at this very moment in this scheme,  McKenzie as a receiver is >>   Stills....So whether the Bills choose Roberts or McKenzie as the KR/PR,  they will still use McKenzie as a WR  rather than Stills.

5 hours ago, WideNine said:

This.

If anything history has taught us is that McD does not sit someone because they had a bad game.

Not saying I agree that he will bench Roberts. But he has benched our RBs in the past (Singletary and Moss for long stretches in a game due to fumbling). McDermott demands reliability.