Roberts inactive this week is my prediction...

Hebert19

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

His roster decisions have always played more to the vet, than taking risks with a more skilled player.  I'll ask you this, Yeldon or Williams this week?  What will McDermott do?

More skilled based on what? Have you been at all of the practices this season? Pretty sure McD has seen more of the players than you have. Williams had one excellent half that intrigues most of us. I, and I'm sure others, are kind of hoping that he's active even if that means both him and Yeldon are. But, Yeldon has had good games as well in very limited use.

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

His roster decisions have always played more to the vet, than taking risks with a more skilled player.  I'll ask you this, Yeldon or Williams this week?  What will McDermott do?

like what?  give an example.    and you really think roberts, who has been nothing but fantastic, should be benched?

when it comes to yeldon or williams...i'd probably go yeldon.  williams was a nice show in one game, but it was in one game, with a destroyed miami team.  you have to let the guys who see the players in practice every day make that decision.  that being said, if he picks williams, so be it.

the idea of not playing roberts is the most short sighted idea on here today.

2 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

More skilled based on what? Have you been at all of the practices this season? Pretty sure McD has seen more of the players than you have. Williams had one excellent half that intrigues most of us. I, and I'm sure others, are kind of hoping that he's active even if that means both him and Yeldon are. But, Yeldon has had good games as well in very limited use.

beat me to it.  i don't remember when it was, but the last game yeldon was in, i thought he looked solid.  

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

1.   Love roberts and think he is fantastic at his craft...but he has also made some bonehead decisions the last few weeks that cost us some field position.  

2.  Mckenzie showed he can handle punt returns and may actually be more dynamic there.  

3.   Tucker can and will boom it into endzone as much as he can with roberts out there so kick returns aren't a huge dynamic this game.  

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

We need weapons here and dressing Stills helps with that even if he just runs go routes 10 or 15 times to make them respect that opposite Brown. 

I will agree he's got a bit too aggressive over the past few weeks, but in between he also has had some good returns too.  Was it 50 plus yards against NE?

I highly doubt they will go with 5 WR as you're implying and if they did want to just sub McKenzie for Stills.  Stills may be faster, but I'll take 3 years of comfort between Allen and McKenzie over a bit of speed.  Even playing 4 of them and having the 5th on the bench ready to spell someone after a deep pass pattern is helpful, but again can be McKenzie.

Stills was likely signed in case of injury to someone and also they now have exclusive rights until sometime in March to sign him to a cheap contract for 2021 thus allowing them to more easily cut Brown and not lose the speed piece.

44 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

1.   Love roberts and think he is fantastic at his craft...but he has also made some bonehead decisions the last few weeks that cost us some field position.  

2.  Mckenzie showed he can handle punt returns and may actually be more dynamic there.  

3.   Tucker can and will boom it into endzone as much as he can with roberts out there so kick returns aren't a huge dynamic this game.  

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

We need weapons here and dressing Stills helps with that even if he just runs go routes 10 or 15 times to make them respect that opposite Brown. 

Wanna bet? :D I'll give 'ya good odds!

Roberts is very reliable.  He made a mistake on Saturday but will not do so again.  He does not drop the ball, which is objective 1 and something MacKenzie has had trouble with on occasion.  He is a weapon in the return game and there is no way he is sitting if he is healthy.  

58 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

You're onto something, here.  Conventional wisdom clearly says to bench your All-Pro return guy who led the NFL in average KO return yards.

Great stuff.

image.png.2b6b0f4f9a0c7d952e2c01e8bf2a147a.png

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

You have a better chance of having Sex with Gal Gadot tonight than McDermott sitting out Roberts Sat.

So your sayin there’s a chance.,.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Roberts is very reliable.  He made a mistake on Saturday but will not do so again.  He does not drop the ball, which is objective 1 and something MacKenzie has had trouble with on occasion.  

Roberts has 3 fumbles this year, McKittrick has 0.  Please stop with this myth.

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Doubtful.  KOs depend on wind - some may be returnable.  And McKenzie, as a returner, is a fumbler.  There's a reason they use Hyde to catch punts when Roberts is unavailable.  

Please stop with this myth, McKittrick hasn't fumbled in 2 years.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Roberts has 4 fumbles this year, McKittrick has 0.  Please stop with this myth.

So your sayin he has more fumbles than Yeldon, that’s gonna mess up at least one narrative..., 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So your sayin he has more fumbles than Yeldon, that’s gonna mess up at least one narrative..., 

Go Bills!!!

There are at least 4 posts in this thread alone that say either Roberts never fumbles or that McKittrick is a fumbler.  It's the biggest myth on TBD.  Where are the FB censors when you need them?  :devil:

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hard pass.   

Do what got you here. 

It’s what had me losing it on the, excessive by our standards, run plays early in the Colts game.  

Seemed like we were overthinking it early on.  

Not utilizing Roberts in the return game would be the Special Teams version of that.  

14 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Roberts has 4 fumbles this year, McKittrick has 0.  Please stop with this myth.

Please stop with this myth, McKittrick hasn't fumbled in 2 years.

Roberts actually has 3 fumbles this year, 2 lost on 63 total attempts.  He has 1 fumble last year, and 2 the year before all on similar attempt numbers.  MacKenzie has not fumbled because they do not let him return kicks.  In 2017 he fumbled 6 times in 21 punt return attempts for Denver.  His first year in Buffalo, he has a similar ratio until they turned the punt return duties over to Hyde.  Perhaps he is better now, but there is no way in hell McDermott is letting him return kicks if Roberts is healthy, in a playoff game no less.  Ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

People are going to come crazy. But I hate Roberts. He does stupid ***** all the time. He is consistent yes but he brings it out to much when he shouldn’t and he doesn’t do anything fancy or great he is basic. I’m all for Stills over Roberts and left McKenzie return a few. 

• Haha (+1) 1