Roberts inactive this week is my prediction...

Hebert19

1.   Love roberts and think he is fantastic at his craft...but he has also made some bonehead decisions the last few weeks that cost us some field position.  

2.  Mckenzie showed he can handle punt returns and may actually be more dynamic there.  

3.   Tucker can and will boom it into endzone as much as he can with roberts out there so kick returns aren't a huge dynamic this game.  

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

We need weapons here and dressing Stills helps with that even if he just runs go routes 10 or 15 times to make them respect that opposite Brown. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

1.   Love roberts and think he is fantastic at his craft...but he has also made some bonehead decisions the last few weeks that cost us some field position.  

2.  Mckenzie showed he can handle punt returns and may actually be more dynamic there.  

3.   Tucker can and will boom it into endzone as much as he can with roberts out there so kick returns aren't a huge dynamic this game.  

4.   Allows us to activate Stills.  Stills Beasley Diggs Davis and Brown sounds like a nightmare to cover and may take away their desire to blitz.   3 of those guys can score in a second in single coverage and Beasley and Davis are great outlets.  

We need weapons here and dressing Stills helps with that even if he just runs go routes 10 or 15 times to make them respect that opposite Brown. 

Doubtful.  KOs depend on wind - some may be returnable.  And McKenzie, as a returner, is a fumbler.  There's a reason they use Hyde to catch punts when Roberts is unavailable.  

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think that’s a good locker room move.  Robert’s is one of the best in the biz.  He had a bad game and tried to do too much on his birthday, in the playoffs. 

Agree.  I think he has a "C" on his jersey too.  That should mean something in the locker room.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think that’s a good locker room move.  Robert’s is one of the best in the biz.  He had a bad game and tried to do too much on his birthday, in the playoffs. 

i agree with almost all of this. 

But I will disagree with “he tried to do too much.” Roberts is a guy that you always give the green light to. Don’t care if he is 9 yards deep— if he wants to take it out, you let him. 

• Agree 1

I don’t see that happening. The Bills need to be the ultimate team to win this thing. Punishing one of your leaders for a few bad plays wouldn’t promote that. 

I’m hoping he is extra focused and has a big impact play.

Edited by CommonCents

Roberts is good at fielding punts.  Not only does he not muff very many, but also the majority of time he fields them rather than letting them go.  The latter is worth several yards (provided you fulfill the 1st part & not muff it).

As I recall McKenzie is "dangerous" when fielding punts & not in a good way.

Just like everyone else, I was screaming at the TV every time we received a kick...but my scream sounded something like this: "Haven't the coaches told him NOT to return the ball out of the deep corner of the end zone yet?"

Is it possible he was only doing what the ST coach told him to do?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ibm6szzgdpq2cbx04fn

you want to elaborate on this?  this seems shockingly wrong.

His roster decisions have always played more to the vet, than taking risks with a more skilled player.  I'll ask you this, Yeldon or Williams this week?  What will McDermott do?