Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

At least one of ossai, paye and Phillips will be there in the teens. 

I’m not a draftnik, but those dudes seem kind of Jag-ish.  Maybe not Phillips but seems like there’s huge question marks with him.  I’d be happy with Phillips at pick 30.  

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m not a draftnik, but those dudes seem kind of Jag-ish.  Maybe not Phillips but seems like there’s huge question marks with him.  I’d be happy with Phillips at pick 30.  

Lol do some homework then. 

None of them are the second coming Bruce Smith but they’re all very talented pass rushers and great athletes. We would be extremely Lucky to land any of them. 

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Lol do some homework then. 

None of them are the second coming Bruce Smith but they’re all very talented pass rushers and great athletes. We would be extremely Lucky to land any of them. 

Ossai looks maxed out and stiff to me.  Doesn’t even crack Jeremiah’s top 50.  I trust his opinion.  Phillips and Paye seem to have potential but pass rushers who are ready Day 1 or don’t have huge question marks don’t usually last to the mid teens.  And we drafted one of those guys last year.   You gotta go into the top 10 for those guys.  
I think Owusu would step on the field Day 1 and immediately provide a boost to this defense.  If I’m trading up into the mid teens, I want a Day 1 starter and somebody who’s moving the needle immediately.  

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Ossai looks maxed out and stiff to me.  Doesn’t even crack Jeremiah’s top 50.  I trust his opinion.  Phillips and Paye seem to have potential but pass rushers who are ready Day 1 or don’t have huge question marks don’t usually last to the mid teens.  And we drafted one of those guys last year.   You gotta go into the top 10 for those guys.  
I think Owusu would step on the field Day 1 and immediately provide a boost to this defense.  If I’m trading up into the mid teens, I want a Day 1 starter and somebody who’s moving the needle immediately.  

You obviously like JOK, and that’s fine. I agree that he’d add a really interesting dynamic to the defense. But I don’t see him as a 3 down player now that Milano is extended. He moves well, no question, but with a need at CB2, I think we’d be opening ourselves up for problems when teams spread us out. 

Beyond all that, my biggest point is just that your trade gives up way too much to replace Taron Johnson. When we’re still starting Knox, either Dane Jackson or Levi Wallace and relying on Addison for pass rush, that’s a luxury that we can’t really afford. 

We’ll obviously need development from Epanesa but you said it yourself, difference making DEs go early. We got Ep at the end of the 2nd round, and even if he does pan out, he’s limited athletically and Hughes isn’t getting any younger. 

I can definitely see Beane trading up, but I don’t see it being for a big nickel...

Don't ask how this worked out, it's just how it fell. But I'd take it.

30: R1 P30 EDGE Gregory Rousseau - Miami

61: R2 P29 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa

93: R3 P29 CB Ifeatu Melifonwu - Syracuse

161: R5 P17 RB Rhamondre Stevenson - Oklahoma

174: R5 P30 CB Israel Mukuamu - South Carolina

213: R6 P29 OT Robert Jones - Middle Tennessee

236: R7 P8 EDGE Chauncey Golston - Iowa

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Owusu is a good player, a really good player. But with Milano re-signed and Edmunds likely going that way too there is no way the Bills are going to trade up for him. Likely we will stay put or trade back and grab a DL or CB2. Maybe a TE or RB.

Round: 1

Jayson Oweh

EDGE | Penn State

Round: 2

Alim McNeill

DL | NC State

Round: 3

Tutu Atwell

WR | Louisville

Round: 5

Keith Taylor

CB | Washington

Round: 5

Tyree Gillespie

S | Missouri

Round: 6

Daelin Hayes

EDGE | Notre Dame

Round: 7

Robert Rochell

CB | Central Arkansas

On 2/19/2021 at 5:49 PM, Special K said:

Which of the two top LB’s are a better fit for the Bills...Bolton or  Zaven Collins...I think it’s more likely the Bills will target one of these guys if they are available at 30....in the last sim I did both were gone before pick 30, unfortunately.

Collins all the way, bolton is a mlb. Collins way more versatile

On 2/27/2021 at 1:33 PM, GunnerBill said:

No but I am 100% convinced the Bills are 100% committed to Edmunds at MIKE. I am also not as sold on Collins as a guy who can come in and play MLB day 1 either. He is talented but that would be a big adjustment. 

Collins is a Zo clone, SLB  blitz inside or outside, zone drops, some man up.

4 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

Collins is a Zo clone, SLB  blitz inside or outside, zone drops, some man up.

I wouldn't go as far as clone but yes if the Bills wanted to draft him I suspect they'd have to be willing to go back to playing more base and use Collins similarly to how they used Zo - which means a few shallow zone drops but the majority of snaps having him attacking the line of scrimmage.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

Don't ask how this worked out, it's just how it fell. But I'd take it.

30: R1 P30 EDGE Gregory Rousseau - Miami

61: R2 P29 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa

93: R3 P29 CB Ifeatu Melifonwu - Syracuse

161: R5 P17 RB Rhamondre Stevenson - Oklahoma

174: R5 P30 CB Israel Mukuamu - South Carolina

213: R6 P29 OT Robert Jones - Middle Tennessee

236: R7 P8 EDGE Chauncey Golston - Iowa

I friggin love Robert Jones as a late round pick!!!!!!!

Not bad traded down got Mac Jones at 30 and also got Moore and another WR in the second round.

I also landed Buffalo 2nd, Atlanta 2nd, in 2022 plus 2 more 3rds and 2 more 4th round picks for next year. Giving me enough draft capitol if I feel Jones isn’t the new franchise QB.

61. Landon Dickerson

OC Alabama

104. Tommy Tremble

TE Notre Dame

117. Trey Sermon

RB Ohio State

129. Keith Taylor

CB Washington

150. Daelin Hayes

EDGE Notre Dame

202. Nick Eubanks

TE Michigan

Not very exciting but the Bills don't have a ton of holes this year and I tried to find guys that could not only fill a rotational role this year but could compete for starting spots while being developed.   

Looking ahead with the trades I made the Bills 2022 draft would look like this...

Buffalo's picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Aquired from other teams: SF 2nd, SF 3rd, SF 3rd, Philly 3rd, NYJ 4th, Sea 5th, TB 5th, Balt 5th, Atl 7th (Smith trade)

Knowing some of the players are getting a little older and wanting to extend the window I looked toward a ton of draft capital next season - especially with the cap expected to rise back up.   12 picks in the first 5 rounds does that.

Edited by FlaFitz1

I have to say that with our 2nd rounder we need to draft Hamsah Nisirildeen as a sub package nightmare for offenses. He's been described as a TE eliminator. Now or course he's ranked in the mid 3rd by most draft pundits, so unless we trade up in the 3rd to get him (wasting draft capitol), the 2nd is the way to go.

Check out some film and write ups on him, oh and suck it Travis kelce.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2021/hamsah-nasirildeen

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+22+film+ncaa+hamsah+nasirildeen&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sxsrf=ALeKk00YAt5ZAxj_U8HHjhnTbkqext3Gsw%3A1616437218144&ei=4t9YYLmhCK6CwbkPqNKv2AQ&oq=all+22+film+ncaa+hamsah+&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADIFCCEQqwI6BAgAEEc6BggAEBYQHjoFCCEQoAE6BQgAEM0COgcIIRAKEKABUJf3AVjxwgJg5NMCaAFwAXgAgAGkAogBqQuSAQUwLjguMZgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+22+film+ncaa+hamsah+nasirildeen&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sxsrf=ALeKk00YAt5ZAxj_U8HHjhnTbkqext3Gsw%3A1616437218144&ei=4t9YYLmhCK6CwbkPqNKv2AQ&oq=all+22+film+ncaa+hamsah+&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADIFCCEQqwI6BAgAEEc6BggAEBYQHjoFCCEQoAE6BQgAEM0COgcIIRAKEKABUJf3AVjxwgJg5NMCaAFwAXgAgAGkAogBqQuSAQUwLjguMZgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#

Another guy that could be a TE neutralizer is Israel Makuamu, he might be too light in the pants to tackle TE's but he won't have to of they can't catch the ball.

You may start the lambasting.

• Like (+1) 1

30: R1 P30 EDGE Jaelan Phillips - Miami

61: R2 P29 S Hamsah Nasirildeen - FSU

93: R3 P29 CB Paulson Adebo - Stanford

161: R5 P17 RB Chris Evans - Michigan

174: R5 P30 DL TeDarrell Slaton - Florida

213: R6 P29 TE Tre McKitty - Georgia

236: R7 P8 WR Whop Philyor - Indiana

• Like (+1) 1