Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Why dylan Moses?  I’d be super pissed if we draft him in rd 2 at this point.  Much better off drafting an edge or CB in rd 2 imo.  Moses plays milanos positions 

Based on value - at the time, the highest rated Edge was approaching the 90’s....it was a Draft simulated with a ton of Edge players going early. So, considering Klein and the value of athletic LBer needed in the coverage scheme while not yielding too much in run support. I also wanted to keep in mind that injuries played a key role in the LB core last year and we saw a dramatic drop off in Defensive efficiency.

Ok time to throw all my theories against the wall and see what sticks. 

#1 Upgrade RG, Dynamic KR/PR who can play on special teams and understudy Cole, CB2, Big Nickel, Developmental Edge, backup WLB, 2nd option at kr/pr

1307600543_ScreenShot2021-03-18at10_02_07AM.thumb.png.83961c5b4d7859b4b63f17bd41614c83.png

#2 Best EDGE available, CB2, 1-Tech monster, my sleeper Big Nickel, Rangy Edge prospect, Developmental TE, KR/PR

298226935_ScreenShot2021-03-19at6_06_17PM.thumb.png.238a004eb4c173d8307ed7c80f845be9.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

NFL Mock Draft Database - Not too shabby, not sure how accurate it is though, it accepted every trade I offered? I drafted Mukuamu as Big Nickel in case anyone wonders why I picked 2 CBs in a row. I'm gonna do a couple more of these, thanks!

1933973407_ScreenShot2021-03-19at6_59_19PM.thumb.png.0da556cac25590613d913de0b27b63cf.png

• Like (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Oh man - pretty sure everyone is on board will selecting Tyler Shelvin if he's there in round 3 lol. Guess we all agree we need some girth on the D-line (easy with the puns)

Although we could get tedarrell slaton a little later, and go for skill positions (offense or defense) in the first 3 rounds

14 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Although we could get tedarrell slaton a little later, and go for skill positions (offense or defense) in the first 3 round

Zaven Collins

LB,

Ifeatu Melifonwu

CB,

Paulson Adebo

CB,

Rashad Weaver

EDGE,

Whop Philyor

WR,

Jaelon Darden

WR,

Chris Evans

RB,

1 hour ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Oh man - pretty sure everyone is on board will selecting Tyler Shelvin if he's there in round 3 lol. Guess we all agree we need some girth on the D-line (easy with the puns)

Love this guy.  Hope Beane does.  And that there are no character concerns.

30: R1 P30 LB Zaven Collins - Tulsa

61: R2 P29 S Hamsah Nasirildeen - Florida State

93: R3 P29 EDGE Rashad Weaver - Pittsburgh

161: R5 P17 DL Tyler Shelvin - LSU

174: R5 P30 CB Keith Taylor - Washington

211: R6 P28 TE Quintin Morris - Bowling Green

234: R7 P8 RB Javian Hawkins - Louisville

• Dislike 1

Traded down a bunch with several teams with a focus on getting more 3rd and 4th round selections. Sometimes I gambled a guy I wanted would still be there when I moved down- sometimes it backfired, a few times I lucked out. In round 1, grabbed a corner who can get on the field and help his rookie year and should be the starter opposite Tre before too long. I traded the 2nd rounder in to the very early 3rd round and then down a little further and thankfully my pass rusher was still there. I feel like Tryon has the highest ceiling of the day 2 options. Do I think he'll be there at 76 for real, probably not. In the later 3rd I went with the popular future Star replacement at the 1-technique, Tyler Shelvin. I used my next 3rd rounder for the tight end out of Notre Dame, Tremble. With my first of three 4th rounders, I grabbed some interior line depth that could develop as a starter down the road, some safety depth and a future slot presence but present return man in Dazz Newsome. With my last pick I opted for LB depth and special teams help. I also picked up Denver's 4th rounder in 2022. The simulation kept offering me trades and I kept biting, but I feel like this went about as well as it could.

MockCapture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

Tyler Shelvin = this drafts DJ reader.

I remember taking him in every 2016 mock draft.  I was dead set on him being a Bill.  The Texans took him in the 5th round and a part of me died inside.  I couldn’t believe he was being projected past round 3 and fell to the 5th.  

which DTs do we want after the Pats, fins or Jets take Shelvin in rd 2-3? 

give me Marvin Wilson in rd 3, Bobby brown or Tedarrel Slaton in rd 4(if we acquire one) or 5.  I love Jaylen Twyman, but he’s a 3T

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I remember taking him in every 2016 mock draft.  I was dead set on him being a Bill.  The Texans took him in the 5th round and a part of me died inside.  I couldn’t believe he was being projected past round 3 and fell to the 5th.  

give me Marvin Wilson in rd 3, Bobby brown or Tedarrel Slaton in rd 4(if we acquire one) or 5.  I love Jaylen Twyman, but he’s a 3T

I am fascinated with the idea of Bobby Brown - but really turned off by the multiple scouting reports that say he lacks heart/takes plays off. Just worries me that he'd end up being something like an unmotivated Marcell Dareus.

8 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I am fascinated with the idea of Bobby Brown - but really turned off by the multiple scouting reports that say he lacks heart/takes plays off. Just worries me that he'd end up being something like an unmotivated Marcell Dareus.

If we can get 4 motivated years from him, it’ll be worth a 5th!  

6 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

Zaven Collins

LB,

Joe Tryon

EDGE,

Trill Williams

CB,

Rhamondre Stevenson

RB,

Whop Philyor

WR,

Wyatt Hubert

EDGE,

Tay Gowan

CB,

Every mock that I do I'm looking for 2 edge and to cb, as these are the top 2 needs for upgrades and or younger replacements to learn from the vets. 

Give me one of those big one tech in the middle of this draft on your draft but other than that this looks great

Edited by John from Riverside

A few trades to make this happen:

32. Joseph Ossai Edge Texas

49. Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

93. Tyler Shelvin DT LSU

101. Demetric Felton WR/KR UCLA

112. Tutu Atwell WR Louisville

174. JaCoby Stevens S/"Big Nickel" LSU

• Like (+1) 2

• 30. Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
  • 61. Jabril Cox LB LSU
  • 93. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL)
  • 161. Aaron Banks OG Notre Dame
  • 174. William Bradley-King EDGE Baylor
  • 213. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State
  • 236. Khyiris Tonga DT BYU

Not exactly sure how Farley fell to 30 but I couldn't pass him up. (Ranked 18th on PFN's Simulator)

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

My top 3 would be: A.McNeill, Shelvin and Tufele. If we can't get one of them, I'd probably wait and try to get Brown, Slayton or Tonga. Could be some really late picks that might be worth fliers on are Q. Bohanna, N. Jones and L. Neil.

• Agree 1

Why is almost eveyone so heavily underestimating drafting OL?

OL is single most important unit on the field except QB imo,  we didn't draft one last year and this draft has about 20 very good prospects from what I've read.

I'll be really surprised if we don't deaft one in first three rounds this year.

16 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Melinfowu and Shelvin - I care more about getting those 2 guys than whoever our 1st rounder is 

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Why is almost eveyone so heavily underestimating drafting OL?

OL is single most important unit on the field except QB imo,  we didn't draft one last year and this draft has about 20 very good prospects from what I've read.

I'll be really surprised if we don't deaft one in first three rounds this year.

I agree, I could see is grabbing creed humphrey/josh myers. Can play guard till he's ready to replace morse