Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

1 hour ago, TailgateChef said:

This is an excellent look.  I've run through the program over a hundred times (enter Fast so it only takes a few minutes), and the top CBs and Edges are in the top two rounds.  If Beane is looking for early production from those positions (and well he should!), that's where the assets should be placed.  Then a TE and a C/G after.  Was Bobby Brown not there in the 5th (where you took Hayes)?  That's the only issue I see - no 1-tech DT.

Thanks, to be honest I didn’t think to pick a DT due to the fact that Star was coming back, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to grab one in the later rounds.

Based on most recent developments:

30. Highest Ranked Edge Rusher on the board
Gregory Rousseau
EDGE, Miami

61. CB 2 - highest ranked at our pick and has the bloodline
Asante Samuel Jr.
CB, Florida State

93. Star replacement - 365 lbs of "You Shall Not Pass"
Tyler Shelvin
IDL, LSU

161. Solid S/Nickle fill - looking to coach up eventual replacement for Hyde and Poyer

Darrick Forrest
S, Cincinnati

174. Speed/Slipperiness from the slot
Anthony Schwartz
WR, Auburn

211. Eventual RT replacement or Kick into G
Josh Ball
OT, Marshall

234. Homerun threat RB for our backfield - Speed we simply don't have currently on the roster in that spot.
C.J. Verdell
RB, Oregon

*Special Note - every mock draft simulator I use has us basically having a ton of options at 30 - what we do with the pick will speak volumes. I also feel like there is a high chance that we trade back if anyone from the top of the next round wants to sneak back in. There is some good round 1-4 talent to be had this year the specifically match our needs/wants (Minus TE)

Finally did one and have to say - I like it!!  LOL

32. Pat Freiermuth

TE Penn State

85. Eric Stokes

CB Georgia

93. Quinn Meinerz

OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

95. Chazz Surratt

LB North Carolina

161. Benjamin St-Juste

CB Minnesota

211. Tommy Doyle

OT Miami (OH)

234. Ta'Quon Graham

DT Texas

2022 TEN 3rd

3 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Based on most recent developments:

30. Highest Ranked Edge Rusher on the board
Gregory Rousseau
EDGE, Miami

61. CB 2 - highest ranked at our pick and has the bloodline
Asante Samuel Jr.
CB, Florida State

93. Star replacement - 365 lbs of "You Shall Not Pass"
Tyler Shelvin
IDL, LSU

161. Solid S/Nickle fill - looking to coach up eventual replacement for Hyde and Poyer

Darrick Forrest
S, Cincinnati

174. Speed/Slipperiness from the slot
Anthony Schwartz
WR, Auburn

211. Eventual RT replacement or Kick into G
Josh Ball
OT, Marshall

234. Homerun threat RB for our backfield - Speed we simply don't have currently on the roster in that spot.
C.J. Verdell
RB, Oregon

*Special Note - every mock draft simulator I use has us basically having a ton of options at 30 - what we do with the pick will speak volumes. I also feel like there is a high chance that we trade back if anyone from the top of the next round wants to sneak back in. There is some good round 1-4 talent to be had this year the specifically match our needs/wants (Minus TE)

My only real rooting interest in the draft is the Bills drafting a giant DT. 

I'm sure the other picks will be fine and exciting, but I just want a 350+ pound DT out of this draft. 

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm sure the other picks will be fine and exciting, but I just want a 350+ pound DT out of this draft. 

I’m starting to feel Tyler Shelvin is the pick @62 if he’s there.  Our 1Techs are crap.  One is old and should retire after this season. Another doesn’t want to play 1Tech. The 3rd is a backup and his rookie contract is almost up.  If shelvin looks good after a year off, sign me up.  I don’t think he’ll be there for our 3rd rd pick.....but 1Techs tend to slide, so maybe.  

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yes and yes.  Agreed 100%.  I feel like a giant, immovable, juggernaut-type 1-tech will transform this defense.  Make everyone around them better.  Shelvin is my pick for value.  Togiai will likely go early 2nd, so too rich.  Bobby Brown would be a good late round pick up.  McNeill of NC State will likely go too early as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

Yes and yes.  Agreed 100%.  I feel like a giant, immovable, juggernaut-type 1-tech will transform this defense.  Make everyone around them better.  Shelvin is my pick for value.  Togiai will likely go early 2nd, so too rich.  Bobby Brown would be a good late round pick up.  McNeill of NC State will likely go too early as well.

What about Slayton or Bohanna?

I admit to knowing almost nothing about college football. I'm just going by how big the draft eligible DTs are!

the good news is that this feels realistic (a giant DT in this draft) because Beane and McDermott seem to want a guy like that on the DL, based on their attempts to replace Jordan Phillips and their signing of Star originally, who isn't quite as big but played that role before here. 

It would be nice to have a guy like that in the system for little $$

Edited by TheFunPolice

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

What about Slayton or Bohanna?

I admit to knowing almost nothing about college football. I'm just going by how big the draft eligible DTs are!

I think both those guys would be good developmental prospects.  When you look at someone like Shelvin, playing against top flight linemen in the SEC, you'll see nuanced technique that helps him make plays, even while double-teamed.  Slaton or Bohanna could get there, but they'd need to under-study from Star for a year or two.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

There are a couple other guys on my Big Mamma Jamma list across rounds 2-7. This guy just happens to be the biggest and supposedly understands he's not a sack artist, but enjoys eating blocks. I don't have my list in front of my right now, but there were three notable guys I had at 335+ where you sacrifice the size for possible QB pressure and less need to rotate out the big man. 

The real kicker here is that getting a space eater replacement saves something like 8-9 million a year compared to our current cap allocation until they are off their rookie contract. another concern is this guy might go in Round 2 and I really feel like he's a round 3 pick.

No Trades:

Travis Etienne

RB, Clemson

Dylan Moses

LB, Alabama

Tommy Tremble

TE, Notre Dame

Dazz Newsome

WR, North Carolina

Jack Anderson

IOL, Texas Tech

Patrick Johnson

EDGE, Tulane

Marco Wilson

CB, Florida

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 2

Here is today's attempt using Draftnetwork (they do not yet have our 2nd 7th round pick from ATL up).  

Buffalo Bills

Zaven Collins

LB, Tulsa

(do-it-all linebacker.  Will help cover TEs, rush the passer, etc.  Potential Edmunds replacement in a few years.  My only concern is level of college competition, but K. Mack came from same division, I think).  

Buffalo Bills

Ifeatu Melifonwu

CB, Syracuse

(I like this one.  CB2 competition.  Depth at CB is really needed in today's NFL.  Guy is physical and plays zone scheme).  

Buffalo Bills

Tyler Shelvin

IDL, LSU

(can't believe he is still here.  Now, he's here, on the Bills.  Here is a 1T.  Can't rely on Star.  Still would like another one in FA).  

Buffalo Bills

Sadarius Hutcherson

IOL, South Carolina

(4 year starter in the SEC.  That's something.  Apparently his "technique" may need work, but he is described as a "mauler."  I'll take that.  Should help in run blocking, and we don't need an instant starter if he's not ready day 1.)  

Buffalo Bills

Dazz Newsome

WR, North Carolina

(speed and returning ability.  I'd rather not expose any starting WR/CB to returning duty unless necessary.  And putting this guy onto the field, I don't see how anyone covers all our WR's)  

Buffalo Bills

Chris Evans

RB, Michigan

(apparently this guy has all the traits, but has not really played in 2 years due to an academic suspension and backup duties in 2020.  Somewhat of a gamble that could apparently lead to a RB1.  In the 6th round, I'll take it.)  

Buffalo Bills

Joshua Kaindoh

EDGE, Florida State

(6'7" DE.  That's about all I know.  And I like it in the 7th).  

Draft Loves:  really like the top 3 picks.  Feel it fills huge voids (pass rush, interior DL, CB2 (although I'm not so worried with our current guys) and TE coverage).  Later getting Hutcherson and Newsome will get us great depth at OL and WR, I could see Hutcherson as a potential starter.  

Draft Regrets:  the top three RB's were gone by my 1st pick, so I left with a total wildcard at RB.  Not too thrilled about that at all.  Also, no impact TE's in the draft, hoping that Knox makes a huge leap and we get another depth TE somewhere in FA.  

• Like (+1) 2

Gregory Rousseau

EDGE,

Ifeatu Melifonwu

CB,

Hamsah Nasirildeen

S,

Anthony Schwartz

WR,

Wyatt Hubert

EDGE,

Tay Gowan

CB,

JaCoby Stevens

S,

R1 P30 CB Jaycee Horn - South Carolina

61: R2 P29 TE Pat Freiermuth - Penn State

93: R3 P29 EDGE Joe Tryon - Washington

161: R5 P17 RB Rhamondre Stevenson - Oklahoma

174: R5 P30 WR Dazz Newsome - North Carolina

211: R6 P28 CB Keith Taylor - Washington

234: R7 P8 OT Landon Young - Kentucky

Round: 1

Zaven Collins

LB | Tulsa

Round: 2

Aaron Robinson

CB | UCF

Round: 3

Rashad Weaver

EDGE | Pittsburgh

Round: 5

Trill Williams

CB | Syracuse

Round: 5

Cornell Powell

WR | Clemson

Round: 6

Adetokunbo Ogundeji

EDGE | Notre Dame

Round: 7

Lorenzo Neal

DL | Purdue

Kwity Paye

EDGE Michigan

Eric Stokes

CB Georgia

Rhamondre Stevenson

RB Oklahoma

Dazz Newsome

WR North Carolina

Tre McKitty

TE Georgia

Damar Hamlin

S Pitt

Anthony Schwartz

WR Auburn

Olaijah Griffin

CB USC

7 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

No Trades:

Travis Etienne

RB, Clemson

Dylan Moses

LB, Alabama

Tommy Tremble

TE, Notre Dame

Dazz Newsome

WR, North Carolina

Jack Anderson

IOL, Texas Tech

Patrick Johnson

EDGE, Tulane

Marco Wilson

CB, Florida

Why dylan Moses?  I’d be super pissed if we draft him in rd 2 at this point.  Much better off drafting an edge or CB in rd 2 imo.  Moses plays milanos positions 

30 jaycee horn cb

61 jaelan phillips ed

93 creed humphrey c

161 hunter long te

174 rhamondre stevenson hb

211 victor dimukeje ed

237 marquez stevenson wr

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

30 jaycee horn cb

61 jaelan phillips ed

93 creed humphrey c

161 hunter long te

174 rhamondre stevenson hb

211 victor dimukeje ed

237 marquez stevenson wr

This is the 5th mock out of 5 different mock sites

On 3/8/2021 at 5:27 PM, Prospector said:

Zaven Collins

LB Tulsa

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE Wake Forest

Chuba Hubbard

RB Oklahoma State

Cam Sample

DT Tulane

Anthony Schwartz

WR Auburn

Drake Jackson

OC Kentucky

Justin Hilliard

LB Ohio State

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Zaven Collins falls to us... it seems like a pipe dream, but that would be awesome!

I like collins because he's probably the closet you'll get to replacing Zo, his size, rushing and coverage ability. He can play the perfect SLB in this defense that we really missed last year. He can rush the passer as stand up OLB or inside like we've seen Zo do so many times. He could play with his hand in the dirt at end on occasion. While also doing a little zone or man up. He'd be our new JACK linebacker that Zo played so well.

Zaven Collins

LB,

Joe Tryon

EDGE,

Trill Williams

CB,

Rhamondre Stevenson

RB,

Whop Philyor

WR,

Wyatt Hubert

EDGE,

Tay Gowan

CB,

Every mock that I do I'm looking for 2 edge and to cb, as these are the top 2 needs for upgrades and or younger replacements to learn from the vets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, ScorpionZero said:

Zaven Collins

LB,

Every mock that I do I'm looking for 2 edge and to cb, as these are the top 2 needs for upgrades and or younger replacements to learn from the vets. 

Any draft that starts with Zavon is OK with me.

Defense, defense, defense.

• Vomit 1