Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

28 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I like them both but I like Toney more and more with each passing day. Like I said, I think he could be the Bills' version of Tyreek Hill. Kid is just a really explosive weapon so I would take him over Collins. WRT your question about Brevin Jordan, I like him too but #30 is way too rich, IMO. I have taken him in a couple of mocks in the 3rd Round. He may not be there and may be in the 2nd but #30 is a huge overpay, IMO. Pitts is the only TE worthy of 1st Round consideration and he will be long gone before the Bills pick. I agree with you about the trenches. My preference is an OT at #30 bur it really depends who is on the board. LB, CB, and WR (if Toney is still there) are all in play, IMO.

I’m still torn.  If Toney were run run low 4.4s than I’d probably take him, but I don’t think he’s in Tyreek realm with regards to top speed.  He’s got the quick twitch explosiveness, but I think he’s going to run in the high 4.4s-low 4.5s.  Because of that, I prefer taking the Swiss Army knife on D in Collins. 

I agree, Jordan isn’t a 1st rd talent, but do you think there’s any chance he makes it to 62?  I don’t think he does. Some of these mock sims are kind of ridiculous with their draft engines. Pretty sure there’s zero chance that Jordan is there in rd 3, let alone 62

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m still torn.  If Toney were run run low 4.4s than I’d probably take him, but I don’t think he’s in Tyreek realm with regards to top speed.  He’s got the quick twitch explosiveness, but I think he’s going to run in the high 4.4s-low 4.5s.  Because of that, I prefer taking the Swiss Army knife on D in Collins. 

I agree, Jordan isn’t a 1st rd talent, but do you think there’s any chance he makes it to 62?  I don’t think he does. Some of these mock sims are kind of ridiculous with their draft engines. Pretty sure there’s zero chance that Jordan is there in rd 3, let alone 62

I'm convinced on Toney. I'll smile if they call his name at 30 as I would if it's Collins. The lack of a combine this year due to the pandemic will make this a bizarre draft. I believe there will be a lot of guys going later than you'd think. That could include Jordan. I'm just glad that the Bills aren't one of the teams in need of a QB this year. With so many projected as 1st Round selections, that will push a few good players down the board to the Bills.

So I did a 5 round mock, I still had a few late round picks left to play with. Took Zaven Collins at #30 and I went up to get Boogie. I traded our 2nd, our 4th and a 2022 3rd for him. Seems like a lot but it really isn’t. DE is arguably the most important position on defense and I’m confident that Boogie will be a very good DE. Meinerz I feel has a huge ceiling. Played in a smaller school but dominated at that level. Insurance for Morse, competition for Ford. Lastly I took Tedarrell Slaton whom I feel can be an excellent NT. Good rotation behind Star, now we would have two space eaters.

Still had the following picks in 2022

1st

2nd

4th

5th

6th

Zaven Collins

LB Tulsa

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE Wake Forest

Quinn Meinerz

OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

Tedarrell Slaton

DT Florida

28 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I'm convinced on Toney. I'll smile if they call his name at 30 as I would if it's Collins. The lack of a combine this year due to the pandemic will make this a bizarre draft. I believe there will be a lot of guys going later than you'd think. That could include Jordan. I'm just glad that the Bills aren't one of the teams in need of a QB this year. With so many projected as 1st Round selections, that will push a few good players down the board to the Bills.

I’m convinced on Toney....but I don’t agree with the Tyreek Hill comps.  He’s got the short area juice that hill does, but he doesn’t seem to have Tyreeks top end speed.  I love the prospect of him in a bills uniform but I just don’t think I’d take him over Collins.  

I’m sure lots of guys will go later and earlier than my prediction.  I just don’t think Jordan will make it to 62.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’m convinced on Toney....but I don’t agree with the Tyreek Hill comps.  He’s got the short area juice that hill does, but he doesn’t seem to have Tyreeks top end speed.  I love the prospect of him in a bills uniform but I just don’t think I’d take him over Collins.  

I’m sure lots of guys will go later and earlier than my prediction.  I just don’t think Jordan will make it to 62.

Few people have Hill's top end speed but fair enough points all around. :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

Pro Football Network Mock Draft

61. Liam Eichenberg  OT Notre Dame

93. Payton Turner  Edge Houston

95. Tyler Shelvin  DT LSU (trade)

113. Tylan Wallace  WR Oklahoma State (trade)

162. Benjamin St-Juste  CB Minnesota

175. JaCoby Stevens  S LSU

214. Paddy Fisher  LB Northwestern

234. Drue Chrisman  P Ohio State

2022 CAR 1st

2022 CAR 3rd

Traded with Tampa Bay, they received pick 30 (Joseph Ossai) for picks 32 and 95 (Tyler Shelvin).

Traded with Carolina, they received pick 32 (Mac Jones) for picks 113 (Tylan Wallace) and 2022 1st round pick and 2022 3rd round pick.

Tylan Wallace was ranked in the seventies but fell to pick 113.

As part of the simulation the site sometimes offer up to 3 trades, this is the first time I can recall being offered a first round pick and to boot, Carolina offering up this trade.

On 1/12/2021 at 5:07 PM, 947 said:

2021 Draft.jpg

I like those first 2 picks a lot but you would have to trade up in both cases to make that happen. Collins gone by 15-20 once they see how big and athletic he is (a more active and instinctual Edmunds type) and Samuel gone by top of 2nd (small but proven, good pedigree).

This is a draft where we need more guys at the top and less depth guys at the back. Those guys are both day 1 starters so I like it. Not sure what 6th or 7th round pick can even make this team this year or next anyhow so trade up!

First time I traded a future pick. Figured why not. Wanted a couple of 3rds if I could. Just a sim.. Right...

Not too bad if I say so myself.. LOL.

Traded 30 and 2022 2nd. Received 37,70,84 and 220 from Philly.

37. P. Freiermuth TE Penn State

61. P. Werner LB Ohio State

70. J. Carman OT Clemson 

84. D. Odeyingbo Edge Vanderbilt 

93. T. Shelvin DT LSU

162. D. Newsome WR/KR N Carolina 

175. T. Thomson S San Diego State 

214. J. Morrissey OC Pitt

220. O. Griffin DB USC

234. B. Jaimes OT Nebraska 

Resized_Screenshot_20210228-130627_Samsung_Internet.jpeg

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

652282342_ScreenShot2021-03-01at3_03_39PM.thumb.png.1add684ae79fed1cb0479c8b1ff77295.png

Had to prioritize DE higher than I wanted since JJ decided to chase cash. This presumes D Williams does not re-sign.

Picks (by number of pick, not rd)

1- New starting RT

2- We need an edge rusher

3- Replace Milano

4- Big Nickel

5- Upside CB

6- Replace McKenzie

7- Sleeper WR

• Like (+1) 1

At the moment, I'm working on the premise that Milano will be gone. There are two guys I take if they're there (unless someone falls they/I don't expect): Bolton or Moehrig. In this run, both were gone, so my alternative strategy is to trade back and pick up assets for next year in order to move up and grab an edge rusher.  I thought this was a good outcome:

61. Dillon Radunz OT N. Dakota State

76. T. Togiai DT The Ohio State

83. Chazz Surratt LB N. Carolina

95. Q. Meinerz C W-W

106. T. Tremble TE ND  (moved up with a pick I got in one of several trades)

The key get:  Two R2 picks in 2022: CHI and NYG. I did give up the Bills 2022 R3 pick in a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

Today's draft with explanations.  Let me know your thoughts.  Used DraftNetwork, no trades.  

Buffalo Bills

Micah Parsons

LB, Penn State

(thought I was on Fanspeak for a while with the seeming unreasonableness of him making it to 30.  In fact, lots of LB's were still here (the ND one and Missouri one as well).  Parsons seems to be the all-around package.  Slight concern that he sat out 2020.  

Buffalo Bills

Creed Humphrey

IOL, Oklahoma

(awesome interior line presence for Buffalo.  I believe he has not let up a sack in 3 years at Oklahoma)  

Buffalo Bills

Tyler Shelvin

IDL, LSU

(more trench building.  This time with a fantastic 1T prospect)

Buffalo Bills

Javian Hawkins

RB, Louisville

(we need a speed RB.  speed RB here!) 

Buffalo Bills

Deommodore Lenoir

CB, Oregon

(CB that can apparently provide great pass coverage and run defense.  Good depth addition to an important position)  

Buffalo Bills

Ihmir Smith-Marsette

WR, Iowa

(Guy is rumored to be the "steal of the draft," so I'm not sure he will last this long.  That said, he did.  He's quick, and adds more speed to the offense)  

Buffalo Bills

Landon Young

OT, Kentucky

(the guy is supposed to be a fantastic run blocker, but has limited experience pass blocking.  I'll take that here.  We coach him up.  Good depth)  

Overall, this should help the run D, improve the interior OL, pass rush (Parsons), provide additional offensive speed, and add depth at some key positions.  

On 2/28/2021 at 11:11 AM, KDIGGZ said:

I like those first 2 picks a lot but you would have to trade up in both cases to make that happen. Collins gone by 15-20 once they see how big and athletic he is (a more active and instinctual Edmunds type) and Samuel gone by top of 2nd (small but proven, good pedigree).

This is a draft where we need more guys at the top and less depth guys at the back. Those guys are both day 1 starters so I like it. Not sure what 6th or 7th round pick can even make this team this year or next anyhow so trade up!

Is this THE Kdiggz?

Strength in numbers.  Guaranteed to hit on a couple when you turn 7 picks into 33.

105. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

131. Shi Smith WR South Carolina

133. Osa Odighizuwa DT UCLA

141. Charles Snowden LB Virginia

142. Cam Sample DT Tulane

151. Rodarius Williams CB Oklahoma State

156. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State

157. Amen Ogbongbemiga LB Oklahoma State

162. William Bradley-King EDGE Baylor

165. Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo

169. Jaylon Moore OT Western Michigan

182. Janarius Robinson EDGE Florida State