Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Zaven Collins would take over as the MLB, Edmunds would be bumped outside.

A few people have said this here but it’s wishful thinking in my view..  it’s never even been hinted at as a possibility by McBeane.... talking about Edmunds switching 

Edited by Aussie Joe

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Honesty can get you into trouble if you’re a GM. Why would he lay his thoughts out there for the world to see?

I don’t think that they see any problem with Edmunds continuing at MLB...after already investing three years in him there...and I just can’t see them moving him to make another player they drafted fit in....

If they pick Collins they will be making him fit into another position that isn’t  MLB... 

Just my view ... 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Do you think any GM would let honesty beset them?

No but I am 100% convinced the Bills are 100% committed to Edmunds at MIKE. I am also not as sold on Collins as a guy who can come in and play MLB day 1 either. He is talented but that would be a big adjustment. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No but I am 100% convinced the Bills are 100% committed to Edmunds at MIKE. I am also not as sold on Collins as a guy who can come in and play MLB day 1 either. He is talented but that would be a big adjustment. 

I disagree on Collins, he’s a hammer. He is strong enough to shed blocks from the OL and can disengage quickly. Would be a huge improvement over Edmunds in run support. You bump Edmunds into Milano’s old spot and let him cover. This may not be the thought process of Beane, I’m just thinking out loud. Won’t pretend to act like I know what OBD is thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like him though.... what scheme/role do you see his best fit?

I know he is falling to 30 or lower in some mock drafts but I think some team takes him before then .. has too much athletic talent ...

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I like him though.... what scheme/role do you see his best fit?

I know he is falling to 30 or lower in some mock drafts but I think some team takes him before then .. has too much athletic talent ...

I think his ideal fit is a 3-4 outside linebacker. I think if the Bills were to take  him I'd try him as an edge guy first because I think he is better going forwards than backwards and sideways. Or if the Bills are willing to back to more of a 4-3 than a 4-2-5 nickel base then you could use him like Zo was used the last two years here. I think there is enough athletic talent to do the Milano job or the Edmunds job in our current scheme but I think they are bigger adjustments for him in terms of the mental learning curves. 

I love the talent. Not sure if I think the Bills are the most natural fit. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not the biggest Mayfield guy - I think he is RT or guard only at the NFL level which does feel a bit rich for pick #30 (I know we don't need a left tackle, but if I am picking a tackle at #30 I prefer a guy who if Dion went down I'd immediately feel comfortable flipping to the blindside) but I do think he would start day 1 at RT. 

Otherwise pretty high on this draft. Radunz and Adebo really good value at those spots. Would like a receiver earlier but can't have everything!

Thanks for the feedback, GB. I really debated the #30 spot. Kadarius Toney was actually still there and who I was going to take but, in the end, I just felt that OT was the bigger need. If I had it to do over again, I believe that I would have taken Toney anyway. He could be the Bills' version of Tyreek Hill. Part of my thinking was that the Bills may try to extend/restructure John Brown rather than flat out releasing him. Assuming, a release, I definitely take Toney at #30 and grab an OT/G in the 2nd or 3rd Round. I believe that they need to add to (or replace, if Brown is gone) the speed element at WR. Gabriel Davis is not a one for one exchange at #2 for Brown, IMO. He brings a different skill set. BTW, I avoided RB entirely just because I didn't have the picks and things didn't fall the the way I thought would justify taking one. One guy I really like later, the more I see, is Jermar Jefferson from Oregon State. He's small but can catch and has a gear at the second level that Singletary and Moss do not possess.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Thanks for the feedback, GB. I really debated the #30 spot. Kadarius Toney was actually still there and who I was going to take but, in the end, I just felt that OT was the bigger need. If I had it to do over again, I believe that I would have taken Toney anyway. He could be the Bills' version of Tyreek Hill. Part of my thinking was that the Bills may try to extend/restructure John Brown rather than flat out releasing him. Assuming, a release, I definitely take Toney at #30 and grab an OT/G in the 2nd or 3rd Round. I believe that they need to add to (or replace, if Brown is gone) the speed element at WR. Gabriel Davis is not a one for one exchange at #2 for Brown, IMO. He brings a different skill set. BTW, I avoided RB entirely just because I didn't have the picks and things didn't fall the the way I thought would justify taking one. One guy I really like later, the more I see, is Jermar Jefferson from Oregon State. He's small but can catch and has a gear at the second level that Singletary and Moss do not possess.

Yea given a choice between Toney or a Right Tackle I'd be team Toney all the way. But like I say I see the logic on Mayfield and I do have a mid to high 2nd on him. So not like I think he sucks. Thought you did a nice job balancing need and value overall.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea given a choice between Toney or a Right Tackle I'd be team Toney all the way. But like I say I see the logic on Mayfield and I do have a mid to high 2nd on him. So not like I think he sucks. Thought you did a nice job balancing need and value overall.

What are your thoughts on Jefferson? Another later RB pick who intrigues me is Kylin Hill from Miss St.

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

What are your thoughts on Jefferson? Another later RB pick who intrigues me is Kylin Hill from Miss St.

Not watched either yet. And after giving a view on a guy I had watched one earlier and getting it way wrong I am going to refrain from commenting ha 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think his ideal fit is a 3-4 outside linebacker. I think if the Bills were to take  him I'd try him as an edge guy first because I think he is better going forwards than backwards and sideways. Or if the Bills are willing to back to more of a 4-3 than a 4-2-5 nickel base then you could use him like Zo was used the last two years here. I think there is enough athletic talent to do the Milano job or the Edmunds job in our current scheme but I think they are bigger adjustments for him in terms of the mental learning curves. 

I love the talent. Not sure if I think the Bills are the most natural fit. 

My friend, my friend. Did you not say that Collins could fill the void left by Zo? Let’s not underestimate the value that Zo had in that role and let’s also keep in mind that Collins is way more gifted than Zo ever was. Is he a MLB? Is he a DE? Is he a SLB? Are these all not arbitrary questions and statements? Collins could come in here right away and be a Swiss Army knife for this defense and a versatile chess piece regardless of position. We could do a lot worse at #30.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

My friend, my friend. Did you not say that Collins could fill the void left by Zo? Let’s not underestimate the value that Zo had in that role and let’s also keep in mind that Collins is way more gifted than Zo ever was. Is he a MLB? Is he a DE? Is he a SLB? Are these all not arbitrary questions and statements? Collins could come in here right away and be a Swiss Army knife for this defense and a versatile chess piece regardless of position. We could do a lot worse at #30.

I agree we could do a lot worse at #30. Collins is a high ceiling guy. The talent is absolutely there. And my guy Matt Miller increasingly makes the argument we are in an era of positionless football and you just need high impact athletes who can play. Collins 100% meets that description. He isn't my ideal pick at #30, and not sure he will even be there, but I would not hate it at all if he was our guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Jabril moves like a gazelle and he hits hard. Could you imagine? Edmunds is 6’5 250lbs and then we add Jabril who is 6’4 230lbs. That’s a lot of size and speed in our front seven. I think he’s a mid 2nd to early 3rd round prospect, he will go early 3rd at the latest. Whatever issues he has I think McDermott can help him through it. He’s very fast and can hit hard. Think if we could add a hybrid LB/S in rounds 3-5 on top of adding a player like Jabril we’d be in good shape.

Yeah, he’d be ideal with our 2nd round pick.....I just don’t think there’s any chance that he’s available @62.  30 is too early.  Trade down, grab some extra picks and snag him them.  Lots of players I’d be happy with in the 30- 45 range.  

anyone think Brevin Jordan is a candidate at 30?  Similar to Cox, I don’t see any chance of him slipping to 62.  I haven’t heard much bills/Jordan buzz.  When I see TE is just see Freiemuth.  Probably because he’s a bigger TE that can assist in our run game (knox surely hasn’t as a blocker).  While Jordan would strictly be a weapon in the pass game. He’d be a nightmare for opposing DCs in our current offense.  I’d be happy if we could trade down from 30 and grab Jordan than, with the picks we got in the trade down, trade up for cox.

then go OL or DL rd 3.  I’d really like to address the trenches in this draft, but Jordan and Cox is a nice 1-2 imo.  

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think that he will be the pick if he’s available.  I just don’t think he’s going to be available.  The talent is evident and likely too much to make it to 30.  I’m starting to put him into the Parsons, Owusu-Koramoah category of LBs that we’ll have to trade up for if we want them. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree we could do a lot worse at #30. Collins is a high ceiling guy. The talent is absolutely there. And my guy Matt Miller increasingly makes the argument we are in an era of positionless football and you just need high impact athletes who can play. Collins 100% meets that description. He isn't my ideal pick at #30, and not sure he will even be there, but I would not hate it at all if he was our guy.

I have found myself taking Collins in a couple of mocks. The athleticism is to just good to ignore at a position of need. If people don't believe yet that Milano is all but gone, they'd better come to terms with it soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I have found myself taking Collins in a couple of mocks. The athleticism is to just good to ignore at a position of need. If people don't believe yet that Milano is all but gone, they'd better come to terms with it soon.

for conversations sake....who do you take if Toney and Collins are still on the board.  I’m confidant that both will be gone .....but we’ve seen crazier things happen. 

If those guys are gone, and Trevor Moehrig is available, I could see him being the BPA.  I have him right around top 15-20 overall. Love his game.  I’d really like to address the trenches but I think moehrig is a can’t miss Star and wouldn’t hate the pick. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

for conversations sake....who do you take if Toney and Collins are still on the board.  I’m confidant that both will be gone .....but we’ve seen crazier things happen. 

If those guys are gone, and Trevor Moehrig is available, I could see him being the BPA.  I have him right around top 15-20 overall. Love his game.  I’d really like to address the trenches but I think moehrig is a can’t miss Star and wouldn’t hate the pick. 

I like them both but I like Toney more and more with each passing day. Like I said, I think he could be the Bills' version of Tyreek Hill. Kid is just a really explosive weapon so I would take him over Collins. WRT your question about Brevin Jordan, I like him too but #30 is way too rich, IMO. I have taken him in a couple of mocks in the 3rd Round. He may not be there and may be in the 2nd but #30 is a huge overpay, IMO. Pitts is the only TE worthy of 1st Round consideration and he will be long gone before the Bills pick. I agree with you about the trenches. My preference is an OT at #30 bur it really depends who is on the board. LB, CB, and WR (if Toney is still there) are all in play, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1