Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

I see a lot of drafts picking LTs (I've done it myself) and sliding them over to RT. How unwise is this? I note this because it seems like some people just can't adjust to switching which foot they use to slide back. Thoughts? Well, I'm doing it here in this one, which I actually like. Fairly high risk high reward draft with Rousseau, Little and Brown

339830993_ScreenShot2021-02-24at5_40_03PM.thumb.png.41a739c55373c1092bf2e6bdd8a9f358.png

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Hey YOLO, would you take Browning from Ohio State, or Moses from Alabama, Cox from LSU, or Surratt from UNC?  You clearly watch more college football than I do (I'm a Cuse and Pitt fan, so um, after week 3 it's usually pointless, haha).  Had all 3 available to me in my mock in the 2nd.  (see below).  Just went off analysist reports.  But Browning in the 3rd is a no brainer, IMO.  

Browning is very versatile and I know McDermott loves that. He can cover a WR and rush from the edge in addition to playing any LB position. Ohio state shuffled him around too much imo but it was due to his athleticism and size, he filled needs when they arose. I would like any of those LBs though Moses injuries are a bit concerning.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Here is today's with my thoughts--mostly based on analysts reports I've read.  Give me yours! 

Buffalo Bills

Jalen Mayfield

OT, Michigan

(this is becoming my fav pick for Buffalo at 30 if he is available.  He can play tackle or guard, and is good against the run and pass.  He is insurance against Ford never getting it, and if everyone pans out, there are MUCH worse things than OL depth, just ask KC!  (I know we need an Edge, but those are not going to be impactful ones at 30, IMO.).  Note, RB Harris was gone or he would have been the pick here.  

Buffalo Bills

Dylan Moses

LB, Alabama

(do it all MLB, kick Edmunds to outside.  I believe he can cover TE's.  Physical presence that we need at LB).  

Buffalo Bills

Tyler Shelvin

IDL, LSU

(yes, here is our 1T.  This does several things.  Helps solve the run D issues, clears our LB's, and unleashes Oliver and our DE's).  

Buffalo Bills

Rashad Weaver

EDGE, Pittsburgh

(I think this guy projects mostly as a Shaq Lawson type, with some more sack upside.  Not bad for a pick this low).  

Buffalo Bills

Deommodore Lenoir

CB, Oregon

(guy can play multiple roles in the backfield.  I like it.  Seems to be able to press, and play well in the zone, which annoyingly to me Frazier likes)  

Buffalo Bills

Jaelon Darden

WR, North Texas

(according to reports he is speedy, and is a great kick returner.  Good guy to pair with McKenzie)  

Buffalo Bills

Quintin Morris

TE, Bowling Green

(TE who can block and catch.  Seems like he develops into a solid TE2).  

Really like that one man. I also believe Moses could take Milano's spot since Edmunds won't be moved because of "the process" lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/22/2021 at 11:53 PM, ScottLaw said:

That’s unfortunate.... would make Edmunds job a lot easier and Bolton is a natural MLB(unlike Edmunds). The square peg in round hole will continue....

Oh @GunnerBill is right they are too far down the hole to move Edmunds now..........and they aren't going to draft someone early and challenge him,   his confidence is fragile enough as it is.   They will have to draft someone later and have him step in for Edmunds while injured and outplay him..........which is very do-able if given a 3-5 game stretch.    That's how situations like this play out.  Bottom line.......Edmunds playing just above replacement level in the middle is all fun and games right NOW.......but they really can't afford to have a MLB who doesn't make plays on a $80-$100M contract.     But hey......this is the front office that paid Star Lotulelei $50M to be the type of immobile traffic cone that teams aspire to fill with day 3 draft picks and practice squad elevations.........so we could use some intervention from an unheralded,  instinctive young LB to make sure that doesn't happen.    

33 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

The more I run these mocks across different websites, the more I would like a trade down on our 1st rd pick. I would love to pick up an extra second or another 1st for next year to move back a few spots. 

I agree ... there isnt anyone I feel they have to pick at 30 that they couldn’t get a similar quality player in the forties..

Maybe an exception would be Zaven Collins but I’m not convinced that he is the guy to take Milano’s role..

Also, I would love to at least get a another pick around the top of the fourth as there will be good quality guys still on the board there... . 

There are some great names in this draft. After selecting the first 3 on need and talent available, I went names after pick 93 (made a trade or two):

30  Jaycee Horn CB S. Carolina

71 Dillon Radunz OT N. Dak St

93 Chazz Surratt LB

114 Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame

141 Divine Deablo S V Tech (my favorite)

162 Whip Philyor WR Indiana

175 Tre McKitty TE GEorge (surely he'll become a fan favorite)

(BOLDED numbers were the Bills' original draft position prior to this mock draft)

30 (1st Round): Jalen Mayfield - OT Michigan -> Upgrades the RT spot and gives the Bills their bookend tackles. Should also be able to kick inside to G down the line, if needed.

61 (2nd Round): Jabril Cox - LB LSU -> Love this pick. The rangy and mobile coverage LB the Bills need to combat pass-catching RBs and TEs like Kelce.

93 (3rd Round - TRADE): Traded #93, #175 (5th Round), & #214 (6th Round) to New England for #96 (3rd Round), #139 (4th Round), & #159 (5th Round).

96 (3rd Round - TRADE): Traded #96 & 2022 7th Round to New Orleans for #98 & 2022 6th Round.

98 (3rd Round): Dillon Radunz - OT North Dakota State -> Wasn't a glaring need at this point but the value was too good to pass up. Can compete with Mayfield for RT and become the swing OT or move inside to G and is insurance in the event that Daryl Williams prices himself out of Buffalo.

139 (4th Round): Paulson Adebo - CB Stanford -> Athletic with good size (6' 1", 190 lbs). Good ball skills and can play on the outside in McDermott's zone scheme.

159 (5th Round - TRADE): Traded #159 (acquired from NE) & #234 (7th Round) to Tampa Bay for #177 (5th Round) #186 (5th Round).

162 (5th Round): Janarius Robinson - EDGE Florida State -> Help for the Edge. Good run defender with size (6' 5", 266 lbs) and the ability to also rush the passer.

177 (5th Round): Tre McKitty - TE Georgia -> Good value here, IMO. Athletic TE who can catch and block and can slide into the #2 TE role.

186 (5th Round): Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR Illinois -> This kid is intriguing with good size (6' 2", 215 lbs). Decent speed and good high point WR who can play the 'X'.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Traded 30 and 175 for 40, 62 and a 6th next year

Traded 93 for 95 and a 5th next year, then traded 95 for 104 and 141

40. Travis Etienne RB Clemson

61. Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan

62. Jabril Cox LB LSU

104. Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame

141. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

162. JaCoby Stevens S/"Big Nickel" LSU

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/25/2021 at 12:09 AM, ScottLaw said:

Even if his inconsistent play continues into next season I think they pay Edmunds regardless which will be disappointing, but they have their infatuation with him. I can somewhat understand the want to pick up the option, but a lucrative contract extension for how’s he’s played to this point is absolutely not warranted. The probowl births seems to have clouded a lot of people’s judgement on him. 

The reduced cap has given them a convenient excuse to kick a long term extension down the road a year.    They will pick up the 5th year option this offseason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/25/2021 at 3:36 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Browning is very versatile and I know McDermott loves that. He can cover a WR and rush from the edge in addition to playing any LB position. Ohio state shuffled him around too much imo but it was due to his athleticism and size, he filled needs when they arose. I would like any of those LBs though Moses injuries are a bit concerning.

Personally think Surratt is the highest upside of those 3. Moses probably the safest floor. Browning somewhere in between.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:35 AM, ExWNYer said:

(BOLDED numbers were the Bills' original draft position prior to this mock draft)

30 (1st Round): Jalen Mayfield - OT Michigan -> Upgrades the RT spot and gives the Bills their bookend tackles. Should also be able to kick inside to G down the line, if needed.

61 (2nd Round): Jabril Cox - LB LSU -> Love this pick. The rangy and mobile coverage LB the Bills need to combat pass-catching RBs and TEs like Kelce.

93 (3rd Round - TRADE): Traded #93, #175 (5th Round), & #214 (6th Round) to New England for #96 (3rd Round), #139 (4th Round), & #159 (5th Round).

96 (3rd Round - TRADE): Traded #96 & 2022 7th Round to New Orleans for #98 & 2022 6th Round.

98 (3rd Round): Dillon Radunz - OT North Dakota State -> Wasn't a glaring need at this point but the value was too good to pass up. Can compete with Mayfield for RT and become the swing OT or move inside to G and is insurance in the event that Daryl Williams prices himself out of Buffalo.

139 (4th Round): Paulson Adebo - CB Stanford -> Athletic with good size (6' 1", 190 lbs). Good ball skills and can play on the outside in McDermott's zone scheme.

159 (5th Round - TRADE): Traded #159 (acquired from NE) & #234 (7th Round) to Tampa Bay for #177 (5th Round) #186 (5th Round).

162 (5th Round): Janarius Robinson - EDGE Florida State -> Help for the Edge. Good run defender with size (6' 5", 266 lbs) and the ability to also rush the passer.

177 (5th Round): Tre McKitty - TE Georgia -> Good value here, IMO. Athletic TE who can catch and block and can slide into the #2 TE role.

186 (5th Round): Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR Illinois -> This kid is intriguing with good size (6' 2", 215 lbs). Decent speed and good high point WR who can play the 'X'.

I am not the biggest Mayfield guy - I think he is RT or guard only at the NFL level which does feel a bit rich for pick #30 (I know we don't need a left tackle, but if I am picking a tackle at #30 I prefer a guy who if Dion went down I'd immediately feel comfortable flipping to the blindside) but I do think he would start day 1 at RT. 

Otherwise pretty high on this drat. Radunz and Adebo really good value at those spots. Would like a receiver earlier but can't have everything!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, Aussie Joe said:

I agree ... there isnt anyone I feel they have to pick at 30 that they couldn’t get a similar quality player in the forties..

Maybe an exception would be Zaven Collins but I’m not convinced that he is the guy to take Milano’s role..

Also, I would love to at least get a another pick around the top of the fourth as there will be good quality guys still on the board there... . 

Zaven Collins would take over as the MLB, Edmunds would be bumped outside.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally think Surratt is the highest upside of those 3. Moses probably the safest floor. Browning somewhere in between.

I’d rather have Jabril Cox over Surratt for sure.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That would be ideal but I have my doubts that the Bills want to move Edmunds 

Could be a smokescreen. We’ll see.. To me it’s either Carlos Basham or Zaven Collins at #30.

8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’d rather have Jabril Cox over Surratt for sure.

Could be a smokescreen. We’ll see.. To me it’s either Carlos Basham or Zaven Collins at #30.

Joe Marino wasn’t high on either cox or surratt as an immediate impact player. He studies the ACC  very closely for the draft network so I’ll trust him on surratt at least 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Marino wasn’t high on either cox or surratt as an immediate impact player. He studies the ACC  very closely for the draft network so I’ll trust him on surratt at least 

Jabril moves like a gazelle and he hits hard. Could you imagine? Edmunds is 6’5 250lbs and then we add Jabril who is 6’4 230lbs. That’s a lot of size and speed in our front seven. I think he’s a mid 2nd to early 3rd round prospect, he will go early 3rd at the latest. Whatever issues he has I think McDermott can help him through it. He’s very fast and can hit hard. Think if we could add a hybrid LB/S in rounds 3-5 on top of adding a player like Jabril we’d be in good shape.