Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE Wake Forest

I traded down from #30 down to #37 and added a few picks. Value wasn’t matching need so I figured it’d be wise to go down and add more picks for more value. 

Basham has all the tools necessary to be a top flight DE in the NFL. He may not even make it this far but I know that he is a sleeper and I could get him here. He can be a 10-12 sack per year EDGE rusher if he lives up to his God given potential.

Hunter Long

TE Boston College

It seems like he has top flight potential. Seemed like a really good spot to add a quality receiver here. Good value too. Big target for Josh, should be in good shape between him and Knox. Think Sweeney may do some damage this year as well, we’ll see. Has top 10 potential.

Marvin Wilson

DT Florida State

Tedarrell Slaton

DT Florida

I actually have Slaton above Wilson but I simply played the board. This is Sam Adams and Ted Washington all over again. These guys cannot be moved and they are decent pass rushers. May not put up gaudy numbers but they will create pressure. Between Boogie, Slaton and Wilson we would have a young and healthy DL, the sky is the limit for them. Throw them in there with Oliver and Epenesa and we got a young nuclei for dirt cheap. Dump all the expensive contracts and go for a youth movement here.

I like the players....I just don’t like 2 of our 1st 4 picks being 1 DTs.  We’d then have to cut Phillips or Zimmer because we can’t cut Star and we aren’t keeping 6 DTs imo. 

I hope we take 1 DT in rd 3-5 and possibly an edge rusher in rd 1-2, but I don’t think they’ll move the pass rush needle enough to make them worth it for 2021-22.  I think we’ll sign a FA pass rusher and not draft any this season....but I’m really hoping for Patrick Jones (as I beat the dead horse) 

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry started another thread on this. Hey, I'm a rookie. 

But here is my take:

41. Wyatt Davis OG Ohio State

61. Jordan Smith EDGE UAB

63. Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

88. D'Ante Smith OT East Carolina

93. Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky

94. Tyler Shelvin DT LSU

112. Tyree Gillespie S Missouri

162. Cornell Powell WR Clemson

175. JaCoby Stevens S LSU

214. Brennan Eagles WR Texas

234. Kayode Awosika OT Buffalo

Trade #1

KC Received: Pick 30 - Nick Bolton, 2022 BUF 2nd

BUF Received:  Received: Pick 31, Pick 63, Pick 94

Trade #2

DET Received: Pick 31 - Kadarius Toney, 2022 BUF 3rd

BUF Received: Pick 41, Pick 88, Pick 112

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you take Bolton do you move Edmunds to OLB? MLB is Bolton’s best fit imo. Have to wonder if McBeane will be ready to do that or not. Just curious. 

I think he could play Will given his proficiency in coverage. He could also backup at Mike. I could be wrong, but my thinking is he has a little position flexibility. Seeing as he's closer to 6'0 I don't think he's actually tall enough for MLB though that's where he's played and is most often mocked playing. 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you take Bolton do you move Edmunds to OLB? MLB is Bolton’s best fit imo. Have to wonder if McBeane will be ready to do that or not. Just curious. 

100% agree. I don't think the Bills pick Bolton for exactly that reason. He is a good player. If we were looking for a MIKE I'd be totally on board at #30. Maybe even hoping he gets there. But we aren't. McDermott and Beane have their MIKE. I know fans would move Edmunds outside but I don't believe for a second the men that matter will. I have asked a couple of folks whose opinion I trust whether Bolton could play outside. One said no, the other said he thought the Bills could get away with it because they are a two linebacker scheme but that is would be an awkward fit in any base 4-3 sets. The latter is sort of my view too.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

100% agree. I don't think the Bills pick Bolton for exactly that reason. He is a good player. If we were looking for a MIKE I'd be totally on board at #30. Maybe even hoping he gets there. But we aren't. McDermott and Beane have their MIKE. I know fans would move Edmunds outside but I don't believe for a second the men that matter will. I have asked a couple of folks whose opinion I trust whether Bolton could play outside. One said no, the other said he thought the Bills could get away with it because they are a two linebacker scheme but that is would be an awkward fit in any base 4-3 sets. The latter is sort of my view too.

My friend, my friend. Why do you puke at the sight of my mock?! 😆 It’s better than your mock where you take a DB at 30!

Also, you know I love Zaven Collins, you know. I love Boogie #1, but Zaven Collins is my #2 guy. He would be a stud MLB. Plug Edmunds outside and go after a guy like Kyle Hamilton RD3 to play the LB/S hybrid role.

I got nothing but love for you Gunner. 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I like the players....I just don’t like 2 of our 1st 4 picks being 1 DTs.  We’d then have to cut Phillips or Zimmer because we can’t cut Star and we aren’t keeping 6 DTs imo. 

I hope we take 1 DT in rd 3-5 and possibly an edge rusher in rd 1-2, but I don’t think they’ll move the pass rush needle enough to make them worth it for 2021-22.  I think we’ll sign a FA pass rusher and not draft any this season....but I’m really hoping for Patrick Jones (as I beat the dead horse) 

I just hope we dump just about everyone on that DL. Just take the hit now. Find some plug n play LB in free agency and just reinvigorate that DL with lots of mean n nasty talent through the draft. I don’t like Star, he’s weak. Sitting out the season costed this team big. Take the hit now, clear space for next year and extend Josh Allen. Go after a hybrid LB/S like Kyle Hamilton RD3 and just ride it out. We’ll be much better.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I just hope we dump just about everyone on that DL. Just take the hit now. Find some plug n play LB in free agency and just reinvigorate that DL with lots of mean n nasty talent through the draft. I don’t like Star, he’s weak. Sitting out the season costed this team big. Take the hit now, clear space for next year and extend Josh Allen. Go after a hybrid LB/S like Kyle Hamilton RD3 and just ride it out. We’ll be much better.

I hear ya... I just don’t think it’s wise to take the hit this season....this is probably going to be our best chance at winning a SB, cap wise

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

My friend, my friend. Why do you puke at the sight of my mock?! 😆 It’s better than your mock where you take a DB at 30!

Also, you know I love Zaven Collins, you know. I love Boogie #1, but Zaven Collins is my #2 guy. He would be a stud MLB. Plug Edmunds outside and go after a guy like Kyle Hamilton RD3 to play the LB/S hybrid role.

I got nothing but love for you Gunner. 👍

Because I think all 4 of the guys in it are high motor, low ceiling lunch pail guys. 

Collins isn't (he wasn't on your draft) he is a high ceiling guy thought not sure an MLB and in any event the Bills are not moving Edmunds.

So far Tufele seems to be the only guy we both like 😀

• Sad 1

39. Wyatt Davis OG Ohio State

61. Landon Dickerson OC Alabama

108. Kenny Yeboah TE Mississippi

109. DJ Daniel CB Georgia

137. Shi Smith WR South Carolina

152. Victor Dimukeje EDGE Duke

163. William Bradley-King EDGE Baylor

166. Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo

186. Jack Anderson OG Texas Tech

204. Jordon Scott DT Oregon

214. Marlon Williams WR UCF

229. Ta'Quon Graham DT Texas

2022 NO 5th

2022 LAR 5th

2022 ATL 5th

2022 CAR 5th

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Weatherman said:

39. Wyatt Davis OG Ohio State

61. Landon Dickerson OC Alabama

108. Kenny Yeboah TE Mississippi

109. DJ Daniel CB Georgia

137. Shi Smith WR South Carolina

152. Victor Dimukeje EDGE Duke

163. William Bradley-King EDGE Baylor

166. Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo

186. Jack Anderson OG Texas Tech

204. Jordon Scott DT Oregon

214. Marlon Williams WR UCF

229. Ta'Quon Graham DT Texas

2022 NO 5th

2022 LAR 5th

2022 ATL 5th

2022 CAR 5th

I think DL is more pertinent than OL.. Our OL is acceptable whereas our DL is not. Surely our OL needs to be reshuffled, but I think we’re a year too early.

Never in a million years could this happen, but this was a fun one...

39. Jaelan Phillips EDGE Miami (FL)

67. Alim McNeill DT North Carolina State

70. Brevin Jordan TE Miami (FL)

93. D'Ante Smith OT East Carolina

119. Nico Collins WR Michigan

146. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

158. Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

174. Jermar Jefferson RB Oregon State

178. Joshua Kaindoh EDGE Florida State

215. Jonathan Adams Jr. WR Arkansas State

234. Olaijah Griffin CB USC

On 2/22/2021 at 3:39 PM, 27yanks said:

Sorry started another thread on this. Hey, I'm a rookie. 

But here is my take:

41. Wyatt Davis OG Ohio State

61. Jordan Smith EDGE UAB

63. Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

88. D'Ante Smith OT East Carolina

93. Kelvin Joseph CB Kentucky

94. Tyler Shelvin DT LSU

112. Tyree Gillespie S Missouri

162. Cornell Powell WR Clemson

175. JaCoby Stevens S LSU

214. Brennan Eagles WR Texas

234. Kayode Awosika OT Buffalo

Trade #1

KC Received: Pick 30 - Nick Bolton, 2022 BUF 2nd

BUF Received:  Received: Pick 31, Pick 63, Pick 94

Trade #2

DET Received: Pick 31 - Kadarius Toney, 2022 BUF 3rd

BUF Received: Pick 41, Pick 88, Pick 112

I take that all day every day.....but...not a chance in hell

• Haha (+1) 1

Buffalo Bills

Jaelan Phillips

EDGE, Miami

(really wanted an OT here, perhaps should have taken Clemson RB.  Other option was LB Collins, but he seems like a one year wonder to me in a weak conference?  I could be totally wrong).  

Buffalo Bills

Trevon Moehrig

S, TCU

(no way he is available at 61.  If he is, he has to be the pick, despite not being a position of clear need).  

Buffalo Bills

Tyler Shelvin

IDL, LSU

(great 1T DT).  

Buffalo Bills

Chris Evans

RB, Michigan

(from what I've read, this is a guy who could be a top 3 RB in the draft but had off-field issues.  Seems like a good place for that gamble).  

Buffalo Bills

Deommodore Lenoir

CB, Oregon

(guy has played slot and periminiter CB).  

Buffalo Bills

Ihmir Smith-Marsette

WR, Iowa

(many feel he will be the "steal of the draft."  Let's steal him.  He can stretch the field.  

Buffalo Bills

Quintin Morris

TE, Bowling Green

(Lee Smith or Sweeny Replacement with much more catching upside.)  

This is totally unbillievable Darrisaw was still on the board at 30...... Moses at 61

I did 2 minor trade downs in the 5th and 6th to get more players so I could double down on Edge and TE

Christian Darrisaw

OT Virginia Tech

Dylan Moses

LB Alabama

Dayo Odeyingbo

EDGE Vanderbilt

Tre McKitty

TE Georgia

Janarius Robinson

EDGE Florida State

Quintin Morris

TE Bowling Green

Greg Eiland

OG Mississippi State

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 1

30: R1 P30 CB Asante Samuel Jr. - Florida State

61: R2 P29 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama

93: R3 P29 LB Baron Browning - Ohio State

162: R5 P17 RB Trey Sermon - Ohio State

175: R5 P30 WR Trevon Grimes - Florida

214: R6 P28 DL Lorenzo Neal Jr. - Purdue

234: R7 P8 S Lamont Wade - Penn State

• Like (+1) 1

32. Jayson Oweh EDGE Penn State

61. Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State

93. Tyler Shelvin DT LSU

142. Caden Sterns S Texas

162. Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU

175. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State

192. Robert Jones OG Middle Tennessee

214. Riley Cole LB South Alabama

234. John Bates TE Boise State

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

30: R1 P30 CB Asante Samuel Jr. - Florida State

61: R2 P29 C Landon Dickerson - Alabama

93: R3 P29 LB Baron Browning - Ohio State

162: R5 P17 RB Trey Sermon - Ohio State

175: R5 P30 WR Trevon Grimes - Florida

214: R6 P28 DL Lorenzo Neal Jr. - Purdue

234: R7 P8 S Lamont Wade - Penn State

Hey YOLO, would you take Browning from Ohio State, or Moses from Alabama, Cox from LSU, or Surratt from UNC?  You clearly watch more college football than I do (I'm a Cuse and Pitt fan, so um, after week 3 it's usually pointless, haha).  Had all 3 available to me in my mock in the 2nd.  (see below).  Just went off analysist reports.  But Browning in the 3rd is a no brainer, IMO.  

Edited by RyanC883

Here is today's with my thoughts--mostly based on analysts reports I've read.  Give me yours! 

Buffalo Bills

Jalen Mayfield

OT, Michigan

(this is becoming my fav pick for Buffalo at 30 if he is available.  He can play tackle or guard, and is good against the run and pass.  He is insurance against Ford never getting it, and if everyone pans out, there are MUCH worse things than OL depth, just ask KC!  (I know we need an Edge, but those are not going to be impactful ones at 30, IMO.).  Note, RB Harris was gone or he would have been the pick here.  

Buffalo Bills

Dylan Moses

LB, Alabama

(do it all MLB, kick Edmunds to outside.  I believe he can cover TE's.  Physical presence that we need at LB).  

Buffalo Bills

Tyler Shelvin

IDL, LSU

(yes, here is our 1T.  This does several things.  Helps solve the run D issues, clears our LB's, and unleashes Oliver and our DE's).  

Buffalo Bills

Rashad Weaver

EDGE, Pittsburgh

(I think this guy projects mostly as a Shaq Lawson type, with some more sack upside.  Not bad for a pick this low).  

Buffalo Bills

Deommodore Lenoir

CB, Oregon

(guy can play multiple roles in the backfield.  I like it.  Seems to be able to press, and play well in the zone, which annoyingly to me Frazier likes)  

Buffalo Bills

Jaelon Darden

WR, North Texas

(according to reports he is speedy, and is a great kick returner.  Good guy to pair with McKenzie)  

Buffalo Bills

Quintin Morris

TE, Bowling Green

(TE who can block and catch.  Seems like he develops into a solid TE2).  

• Like (+1) 1