Bills sign OL Jordan Devey to 53

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, blacklabel said:

It makes ya wonder why they hang onto Yeldon if they don't even consider him to step up when one of their starters goes down. I don't mind Yeldon, I think he can do some good things out of then backfield as a pass catcher. I know they like Singletary for that role, tho. Maybe they bring up both TJ and Antonio?

The coaches reaction to Williams vs Miami tells you this kid has probably been good all year (or however long we've had him) at practice and saw it carry over to the game.  They believe he can do the job.  

I'd want both dressed honestly if possible.  TJ and Williams. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TJ Yeldon is already on the 53 man roster and does not need to be brought up.

We don't know yet whether or not they consider him with one of our starters down, but he has been active in 3 games this season when Moss was out. 

He saw most use vs Tenn., 7 rushes for 52 yards. 

So I'm not sure where the conclusion "they don't even consider him to step up when one of their starters goes down" comes from.

I don't believe we used a "spy" on Jackson last time we played the Ravens and we contained him pretty well.  I will sit corrected if someone can point out to me who we used in this role and give me a couple examples.

Regardless of what happened last time, you cannot let him run.  If he puts up 300 yards and 3 TDS, it way worse if that’s 150 running for 2 of them, those runs are demoralizing and clock consuming, not to mention extremely low risk/high reward for them.  Force the pass.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

As long as Freeman does not see the field over Yeldon. 

Freeman has no burst left. He’s done. Has been for 3 years.

I would much rather have Williams or Yeldon. Freeman is washed. No clue why they went with him. I would have much rather gone with several other options to add a back to the PS.

25 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would much rather have Williams or Yeldon. Freeman is washed. No clue why they went with him. I would have much rather gone with several other options to add a back to the PS.

This Coaching staff has routinely showed it favors old, slow, plodding, veteran running backs from 2017 on. 

Tolbert, Ivory, Gore and Freeman is this. 

Guys way past their prime. 

41 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Regardless of what happened last time, you cannot let him run.  If he puts up 300 yards and 3 TDS, it way worse if that’s 150 running for 2 of them, those runs are demoralizing and clock consuming, not to mention extremely low risk/high reward for them.  Force the pass.

Last time we did a pretty good job of limiting Jackson.  40 yards rushing for the game.

My point is just that "put a spy on Lamar" is not necessarily the right strategy to accomplish this.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This Coaching staff has routinely showed it favors old, slow, plodding, veteran running backs from 2017 on. 

Tolbert, Ivory, Gore and Freeman is this. 

Guys way past their prime. 

That is true. And these backs get playing time. It isn't like they bring these guys in as "mentors" and as third stringers. Gore and Ivory were splitting carries out the backfield. 

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TJ Yeldon is already on the 53 man roster and does not need to be brought up.

We don't know yet whether or not they consider him with one of our starters down, but he has been active in 3 games this season when Moss was out. 

He saw most use vs Tenn., 7 rushes for 52 yards. 

So I'm not sure where the conclusion "they don't even consider him to step up when one of their starters goes down" comes from.

I don't believe we used a "spy" on Jackson last time we played the Ravens and we contained him pretty well.  I will sit corrected if someone can point out to me who we used in this role and give me a couple examples.

You are right as I recall regarding a spy. Their strategy was more to contain by upfield rush from the center and players holding their lane on the edge while others supported the outside.  It left some one on one coverage in the secondary but held Jackson from running wild.  If the Bills had any offense at all they win. 

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1