Bills sign Devonta Freeman

Draconator

17 hours ago, H2o said:

I'm just here to say I can't figure out how on God's green earth someone broke a story before Yolo. It's mathematically, scientifically, and pretty much physically impossible. 

I had just added the signing to the one we already had for Freeman’s visit

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Tuel Time said:

Why wouldn't Yeldon play his heart out lol? I don't understand the love for inserting a player in his second NFL appearance into a high pressure playoff game that will be won and lost by who makes the most mistakes.

You make a good point, but for some reason,  the coaching staff likes to keep Yeldon on the shelf.

I am really interested in seeing what Singletary can do with the majority of rush attempts. 

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

1 of only 2 reasons I can think of. 

1.) He sold the tip to someone else

2.) Nap. -which seems impossible, given his ‘Open al Night’ status..

Yolo was distraught over his beloved Buckeyes.  He was off his game.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Yeldon is useless in the run game 

we need a guy who can get the tough yards 

Hi, why is Yeldon useless? Where are people coming up with this lol?

In Yeldon's short career with the bills, he averages 4.9 yards per attempt and 10.4 yards per recption. 6.8 yards per touch.

Can we kill this 'Yeldon sucks' nonsense now please?

No offense to you Penfield, I think you probably are just going by what you read here.

27 rushes, 127 yards. 14 receptions, 146 yards receiving. 2 fumbles (obviously not great), and 1 TD.

Edited by Tuel Time
more stats
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

In Yeldon's short career with the bills, he averages 4.9 yards per attempt and 10.4 yards per recption. 6.8 yards per touch.

No offense to you Penfield, I think you probably are just going by what you read here.

27 rushes, 127 yards. 14 receptions, 146 yards receiving. 2 fumbles (obviously not great), and 1 TD.

what’s that saying? “There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.”

Yeldon seems pretty good at running through big holes or running in space. He seems to be really bad at running through contact, and it seems like a stiff breeze will knock him down. I would be curious to see his “yards after contact” stats, but not sure he has had enough carries for anyone to keep those.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s that saying? “There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.”

Yeldon seems pretty good at running through big holes or running in space. He seems to be really bad at running through contact, and it seems like a stiff breeze will knock him down. I would be curious to see his “yards after contact” stats, but not sure he has had enough carries for anyone to keep those.

40 touches just isn't enough for people here to get out their pitchforks. 'Bag of donuts' and all that.

It's crazy.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

40 touches just isn't enough for people here to get out their pitchforks. 'Bag of donuts' and all that.

It's crazy.

I agree. The sample size isn’t enough. For everyone— “pro” or “anti” Yeldon— no one knows for sure what he can bring to the table if given extended playing time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

On 1/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, T&C said:

Reminded me of a Balrog to be honest... they call him a fullback but imo he's a nimbler than normal guard.

"Personal foul, #42 on the offense - tripping opponent with a flaming whip. Fifteen yard penalty and the player is ejected from Middle Earth."

On 1/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, Tuel Time said:

How polite of you to start it off with "Hi" lol

• Like (+1) 1

The Freeman signing has all the markings of improving next year's running game. Introduce him to a positive, winning culture, hopefully making him hungry to be a part of it (while the Bills steam roll to the Super Bowl!). Get him into our state of the art facilities, to get him healthy and in shape. 

In other words, get his mind and body right by August, and Devonta is on his way to being Comeback Player of the Year in 2021.

I'd be stunned if they tried playing him in the next few weeks.

18 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

The Freeman signing has all the markings of improving next year's running game. Introduce him to a positive, winning culture, hopefully making him hungry to be a part of it (while the Bills steam roll to the Super Bowl!). Get him into our state of the art facilities, to get him healthy and in shape. 

In other words, get his mind and body right by August, and Devonta is on his way to being Comeback Player of the Year in 2021.

I'd be stunned if they tried playing him in the next few weeks.

Optimistic I like it. Freeman looks shot to me. Slow and broken. Hopefully you are right and I am wrong.