Bills sign Devonta Freeman

Draconator

1 minute ago, Dr. Football said:

Antonio Williams please, give the dude a shot! He ran angry!! Loved it! Go Bills!!

Agree. Williams was a beast in the Miami game. He's another version of Moss, but seemed to have more of a burst. Freeman can play Dobbins with the second unit.

I agree that Williams played well against Miami and deserves a shot.  Yeldon is also a capable player with NFL experience who is available.  He played pretty well in his limited action this year (against Tennessee, I believe).  That said, for some reason, this coaching staff has always been reluctant to use Yeldon.  I assume those 2 guys will play ahead of Freeman, as they know the playbook and have put in the work all year.  Freeman is likely insurance in case of another injury - Stills appears to be the same as to the WR corps.

9 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

I don't need an undrafted rookie RB starting his first playoff game and appearing in his 2nd(?) total game.

No thanks.

Yeldon all the way, and see what Williams has next year.

Thank you. I don't get Bills fans love affair with undrafted players. Lol. 

We're facing one of the most blitz heavy defenses in the NFL and some people are comfortable throwing Williams out there protecting our franchise? 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thank you. I don't get Bills fans love affair with undrafted players. Lol. 

We're facing one of the most blitz heavy defenses in the NFL and some people are comfortable throwing Williams out there protecting our franchise? 

Me neither.

Sincerely,

Da'Rick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, Stads said:

It's happening!!! My enthusiasm was unwarranted. I apologize. Who gets the call up now that this is official?

I would have to take a deeper dive into who sits, but I would not be shocked if Yeldon AND Williams dress. This staff seems to hate Yeldon for whatever reason. With Moss out, I would not be surprised if they want a couple options to rotate in and out of the line up to see what works on game day. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm telling you guys right now if Freeman touches the field for the Bills he will make a game changing winning play(s)for the Bills.

Freeman stilll got the juice no doubt. He is what is needed in the Bills backfield. Beane has done it again. Mark my word

Just now, Protocal69 said:

I'm telling you guys right now if Freeman touches the field for the Bills he will make a game changing winning play(s)for the Bills.

Freeman stilll got the juice no doubt. He is what is needed in the Bills backfield. Beane has done it again. Mark my word

I completely disagree.

He’s battled concussions, COVID, ankle problems, he has nothing left. 

If it were 2015 I’d be excited. Freeman hasn’t looked good in years and can’t be asked to pass block. 

If he’s a last resort emergency back then fine. If the plan is for him to be active and play meaningful snaps in a playoff game then I’ll probably be sad.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

I don't need an undrafted rookie RB starting his first playoff game and appearing in his 2nd(?) total game.

No thanks.

Yeldon all the way, and see what Williams has next year.

It makes me nervous, for sure. I think McDermott will make the right decision on starting or sitting. It seems like his skill set could be valuable down the stretch.