Which class of 2018 QB gets the highest extension

Sharky7337

• Sharky7337 changed the title to Which class of 2018 QB gets the highest extension

Josh Rosen😂

Hard to say. My guess would be whoever gets their extension last as the QB agents want to wait and see what the other QB’s contract is worth. Seems with the QB market, they always try to make the next QB the highest paid player in the league.

Edited by Jerry Jabber
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Josh will deserve the largest extension based on merit. But there is a glass ceiling for how much one can pay a QB and still put together a competitive team. That will make Baker's and Lamar's contracts similar to Josh's since both have done enough to merit being labeled The Franchise QB. All 3 will sign deals between 4yr 160 mill and 10 yr 450 mill.

• Agree 1

Pretty clearly Josh IMO. It sounds like Josh might become the highest paid player in the league. I can't imagine Baker would get anywhere near that much unless they wait on an extension and he blows up. I expect Lamar to get a huge extension as well but probably not highest paid player in the league big.

Allen without a doubt. Unless he takes a hometown discount. I can see Baker raking Cleveland over the coals. The city would riot if they let Baker walk after breaking the playoff drought and getting a W. Lamar I feel gets a big extension and then falls apart as the team around him falls apart (due to salary complications). 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Pretty clearly Josh IMO. It sounds like Josh might become the highest paid player in the league. I can't imagine Baker would get anywhere near that much unless they wait on an extension and he blows up. I expect Lamar to get a huge extension as well but probably not highest paid player in the league big.

I feel Baker is in a really good negotiating spot. Most TD passes of the “big 3” from that draft, just broke the playoff drought, fought for a W as an underdog. I don’t think Cleveland can let him go under any circumstance. 

Of course Josh is deserving of it - but I am an admittedly a biased Bill's homer. Most likely though, it will be whomever signs last. Surprised there is no support for Mason Rudolph, lol. Remember seeing some pre-draft love for him around here back then ...

• Haha (+1) 1

This isn’t a “Lamar is a RB” post, but why is it that RB’s value decreases so much?

2 main reasons: 

- Number of hits they deal with while running (which applies, though Lamar is great at protecting his body.)

- the severity to which an injury or continued injuries limit their ability. As soon as a RB loses a fraction of his speed, or agility, or as soon as his body is just a little less able to make the things happen that it always has - it’s over. 

Lamar feels that way to me. If Lamar was hobbled by a sprained ankle, and can’t run - what happens to the offense? 

That’s  something the Ravens need to consider. The margin of error is much smaller. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Of course Josh is deserving of it - but I am an admittedly a biased Bill's homer. Most likely though, it will be whomever signs last. Surprised there is no support for Mason Rudolph, lol. Remember seeing some pre-draft love for him around here back then ...

Lots of Steelers fans wanted to see Mason Rudolph put in during the playoff game on Sunday lol.   

Allen should because he's already shown he can carry a team.  He's done it multiple times this year, and has now done so in the Playoffs.  

Baker clearly plays off the run game.  He's good, but not in a take over the game by himself type of way. 

Lamar, I honestly have no idea.  I think he has the ability to take over games, but not as consistently, or to the level, that Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes can.  

Edited by SCBills

34 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

Ravens are in a tough spot. They have a really good team around Lamar and he isn’t a guy that makes everyone around him better.

I could be wrong, but this is just my thought.

I think you just build the O around oline, TEs, and lamar.  Keep him surrounded with young running backs, and speed WRs.  

33 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I feel Baker is in a really good negotiating spot. Most TD passes of the “big 3” from that draft, just broke the playoff drought, fought for a W as an underdog. I don’t think Cleveland can let him go under any circumstance. 

Baker is like Tannehill.  He is good when the run game is going but he cannot carry a team if its not working.  

Edited by Big Turk

They will probably all get around the same amount of money.  Do any of these teams have a choice?  I think Josh is the best of the bunch but like how screwed would the Ravens be without Lamar.  No other QB could run that offense.  Baker isn't terrible and they aren't going to get anyone else.  The only way I see Lamar not getting that money is if the Ravens decide to move on from that type of offense and get rid of Roman too.

Edited by Scott7975