A look back at some 2020 Draft sleepers a year on...

GunnerBill

18 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Daryl Williams plays RT on the Bills he's been great but I don't think he can play guard and tackle at one time. He's not big enough

Umm.. There is Daryl Williams the Tackle (on the Bills' roster) and Darryl Williams the Center/Guard on the Chiefs' PS. 😀 Let us hope if we sign the second one too, the opponents will be as confused as the fans

And just to add to the confusion, there was a Bengals DB named Darryl WIlliams too. I know I did a double take when I read we signed Darryl Williams this past offseason thinking we signed another DB. 

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

30 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Umm.. There is Daryl Williams the Tackle (on the Bills' roster) and Darryl Williams the Center/Guard on the Chiefs' PS. 😀 Let us hope if we sign the second one too, the opponents will be as confused as the fans

And just to add to the confusion, there was a Bengals DB named Darryl WIlliams too. I know I did a double take when I read we signed Darryl Williams this past offseason thinking we signed another DB. 

I was kidding around. I'm well aware they are 2 different people lol. I would of done it if someone said sign Lamar Jackson off the list too 😂

Edited by Starr Almighty

Adrian Killins, RB UCF

My grade: 5th/6th rounder

Signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an UDFA. Initially made the practice squad and then has bounced between the practice squad, the active roster and free agency ever since. Played in one game in week 4 and had one rush for -12 yards on a failed end around. Currently on the covid list. 

This one has to be my 'favorite'. I'm sure he had higher hopes for his NFL career, and really hope his final stats don't look like this, including the getting the virus thing.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Adrian Killins, RB UCF

My grade: 5th/6th rounder

Signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as an UDFA. Initially made the practice squad and then has bounced between the practice squad, the active roster and free agency ever since. Played in one game in week 4 and had one rush for -12 yards on a failed end around. Currently on the covid list. 

This one has to be my 'favorite'. I'm sure he had higher hopes for his NFL career, and really hope his final stats don't look like this, including the getting the virus thing.

It was a play worthy of Rex Ryan and Reggie Bush..... no I'm still not over it.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They are both on as I understand. 

Did some more research.....The East-West Shrine Game is cancelled, but the Senior Bowl is still on.

https://www.shrinegame.com/press-releases/2021-eastwest-shrine-bowl-cancelled-due-to-coronav-2061

Here is a list of the players who have accepted the invite to the Senior Bowl....https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Did some more research.....The East-West Shrine Game is cancelled, but the Senior Bowl is still on.

https://www.shrinegame.com/press-releases/2021-eastwest-shrine-bowl-cancelled-due-to-coronav-2061

Here is a list of the players who have accepted the invite to the Senior Bowl....https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites/

Ah thanks. I had seen them announce their invites for the Shrine game but you are right the game itself is off so the invites are purely ceremonial. Shame.

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah thanks. I had seen them announce their invites for the Shrine game but you are right the game itself is off so the invites are purely ceremonial. Shame.

Yes, that is unfortunate. The Shrine game does help the later round picks get more notice.

• Agree 1

Lamar Jackson, CB Nebraska

My grade: 4th round

Signed with the New York Jets as an UDFA. Started the season on the Jets' practice squad, was out of free elevations by week 5 and so was signed permanently to the active roster. Appeared in 13 games with 6 starts and 2 passes defensed. 

I heard he's starting at QB for the Ravens this Saturday night. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm surprised that you can watch enough college games in London to assess these guys. Are they on Sky or something?

Combing through late round players seems like a bit too much like hard work to me. 

I find little nuggets from the draft networks to be interesting. This week I learned that Dylan Moses has been playing through a lot of pain, and that people close to Micah Parsons aren't sure if he's especially committed to football. Not sure if either are true, but these types of rumours have held water in the past with guys like Reuben Foster and Leighton Vander Esch.

I agree about the senior bowl being interesting. I really liked Onwenu last year and WR Godwin of Tampa a few years back.

• 7 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 3:30 PM, GunnerBill said:

Juwan Johnson, WR Oregon

My grade: 6th/7th rounder

Signed with the New Orleans Saints as an UDFA. Started the season on the practice squad but was elevated numerous times before eventually being signed to the active roster. Has appeared in 10 games, including 4 starts. Only has 4 catches, but 3 of those were for first downs. 

Has two touchdowns tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Juwan Johnson had another touchdown this week. The Saints have converted him to tight end and he already has 100 yards and 3 touchdowns for the year, not bad at all for a 2nd year former UDFA. 

However, this week we gotta talk about my guy Bryce Huff. I get it this is a Bills forum and talking in glowing terms about a Jet is not the done thing. But this kid was a monster last night. 1.5 sacks (gives him 2 for the year), 3 Quarterback hits and a TFL. He also has a 79.7 pass rushing grade from PFF through four weeks and is keeping our old buddy Shaq Lawson out of the starting lineup. Sometimes in life you get an opportunity handed to you and Carl Lawson and Vinny Curry getting hurt was that moment for Bryce Huff. Good for him that he is taking his chance. 

On 1/12/2021 at 3:30 PM, GunnerBill said:

Bryce Huff - DE Memphis

My grade: 3rd round

Signed with the New York Jets as an UDFA. Made the 53 man roster, appeared in 14 games and recorded 2 sacks and 4 tackles for loss as a rotational edge player and special teamer.