Browns fans welcome their team home at the airport ..

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Related point, how pointless is it to fly from Cleveland to Pittsburgh? It’s a 2-hour drive! 

Why take a 2 hour drive when you can take a 10 minute flight?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I can't imagine if the bills win the afc championship (assuming it'd be an away game) how many people would be at the airport 

None....it will be a home win against the Browns ;)

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why take a 2 hour drive when you can take a 10 minute flight?

Plus you get peanuts ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm gonna be a softie on this one.

Bills fans are one of a kind, we know that. Not sure why we need to bash a fan base that's clearly passionate and has gone through the same BS we have, for something like this. 

Also, not going to get into whether it was smart for hundreds of bills fans to gather in the middle of a global pandemic. But at the very least you can't bash another fanbase for not doing it...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

If I was a Brown’s fan, I would be embarrassed posting this video after the world saw how Bills fans greet their team...

I'd be proud to be part of a fan base that's capable of basing it's decisions and actions off what's going on in the world...

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Yet another thread about Bills fans dumping on Cleveland fans, despite the fact that our 2 cities and franchises are so close they aren't even cousins.  They are brothers.

I don't get it.

🤔

I agree, I though it was a awesome gesture when the Browns lost their franchise and the Bills had a dog pound area where Browns fans could get some national pub for being screwed out of a team. Both blue collar hard working city’s filled with great people. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yet another thread about Bills fans dumping on Cleveland fans, despite the fact that our 2 cities and franchises are so close they aren't even cousins.  They are brothers.

I don't get it.

🤔

It came across to me more in the nature/spirit of good-natured ribbing, like a big brother tussling little brother's hair after yet another competition ends badly for the latter. ;) 

But yes, I definitely agree the 2 cities/people have shared a lot of similarities through the years. 

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Related point, how pointless is it to fly from Cleveland to Pittsburgh? It’s a 2-hour drive! 

Peter King covers that angle here:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/11/cleveland-browns-nfl-playoffs-fmia-peter-king/

"Travel day. Perhaps the strangest travel day in the august history of the Cleveland Browns. The trip from the Browns facility to downtown Pittsburgh, in light traffic, is one hour, 55 minutes—about 128 miles. It’s always a bus trip. Not this year. “This year,” GM Berry says, “the idea is to create more space, with people not in enclosed spaces for long.” So on this day, two planes, a 161-seat Boeing 737 and a 280-seat Boeing 777, ferry about 60 players and staff per plane on the 26-minute flight to Greater Pittsburgh International Airport.

That’s not all, because those 120 passengers don’t comprise the whole team.

To be even safer, all 19 coaches who will be available for the game (five on the COVID list will miss the game) are picked up at their homes by drivers from a Cleveland car service, with a plexiglass divider between front and back seat, and driven to the team hotel in Pittsburgh. Everyone from acting head coach Mike Priefer to coaching assistant Ryan Cordell (pressed into service to coach the offensive line) are transported by car.

To be even safer, five players, including Ronnie Harrison (suspected false positive) and tackle Jack Conklin (non-COVID illness) were also picked up at their Cleveland homes in five private cars with plexiglass dividers and driven two hours to the Pittsburgh hotel.

Cost for the 24 limo rides: $445 per coach and player; $10,680 total. Plus tip.

“Anything,” Berry says, “to decrease the risk of transmission.” "

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Peter King covers that angle here:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/11/cleveland-browns-nfl-playoffs-fmia-peter-king/

"Travel day. Perhaps the strangest travel day in the august history of the Cleveland Browns. The trip from the Browns facility to downtown Pittsburgh, in light traffic, is one hour, 55 minutes—about 128 miles. It’s always a bus trip. Not this year. “This year,” GM Berry says, “the idea is to create more space, with people not in enclosed spaces for long.” So on this day, two planes, a 161-seat Boeing 737 and a 280-seat Boeing 777, ferry about 60 players and staff per plane on the 26-minute flight to Greater Pittsburgh International Airport.

That’s not all, because those 120 passengers don’t comprise the whole team.

To be even safer, all 19 coaches who will be available for the game (five on the COVID list will miss the game) are picked up at their homes by drivers from a Cleveland car service, with a plexiglass divider between front and back seat, and driven to the team hotel in Pittsburgh. Everyone from acting head coach Mike Priefer to coaching assistant Ryan Cordell (pressed into service to coach the offensive line) are transported by car.

To be even safer, five players, including Ronnie Harrison (suspected false positive) and tackle Jack Conklin (non-COVID illness) were also picked up at their Cleveland homes in five private cars with plexiglass dividers and driven two hours to the Pittsburgh hotel.

Cost for the 24 limo rides: $445 per coach and player; $10,680 total. Plus tip.

“Anything,” Berry says, “to decrease the risk of transmission.” "

thanks! Pretty interesting! 

• Agree 1

Why crap on Browns fans?  The Lake Erie Super Bowl Curse has been placed on Buffalo, Cleveland & Detroit(I know they are not right on Lake Erie, but pretty damn close).  All 3 are rust belt blue collar cities.

Buffalo - 4 SB appearances...all losses

Cleveland - 0 SB appearances

Detroit - 0 SB appearances

Maybe this is the year the curse is finally broken!

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 2

Agree with the above. If the Bills don’t make it to the super bowl, I’d much much rather see Cleveland make it all the way than KC or Baltimore. That’s for sure. Not a huge Baker fan but I can not stand all the media drooling over Lamar or Mahomes. I don’t need either of them in the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Billznut

I would love to see the Browns in the AFCCG. For one it would mean a third home game for the Bills (and the Bills beat the Ravens) and the Browns would be a better story than KC. I also think the Bills have a better shot against the Browns than against KC. But sadly I do think the Browns run ends against KC. Away game against Mahomes? That's a tall order. However the Browns do have some good tools (a dominant ground game) to pull off an upset. 

• Like (+1) 1