Which HC Job, If Any, Does Brian Daboll Get?

jwhit34

Which Head Coaching Job, If Any, Does Brian Daboll Get?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What HC Job, If Any, Does Brian Daboll Get?

• Atlanta
    • Detroit
    • Houston
    • Jacksonville
    • LA Chargers
    • NY Jets
    • Philadelphia
    • None - He Remains OC for the Bills

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Interested to know what everyone thinks, right now I am picking none. The only job he seems to be one of the top candidates for is the LA Chargers and I don't think he's going to get that one either. 

My current guesses:

Atlanta - Raheem Morris

Detroit - Robert Saleh

Jacksonville - Bryon Leftwich or Urban Meyer

Houston - Eric Bieniemy

NY Jets - Doug Pederson

Philadelphia - Probably go with a defensive coach, either Eberflus or maybe Marvin Lewis, but they are a wild card

Chargers - If Meyer gets Jacksonville, Leftwich, if not Arthur Smith or Daboll but I'm leaning Smith

Philly has contacted Lincoln Riley, HC of Oklahoma who coached Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murry and Jalen Hurts. 

Jets have interviewed 12 candidates so far, 49ers DC Robert Saleh 2x, Marvin Lewis to the Jets? 

Chargers, Daboll as he has ties to their GM. 

12 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Philly has contacted Lincoln Riley, HC of Oklahoma who coached Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murry and Jalen Hurts. 

Jets have interviewed 12 candidates so far, 49ers DC Robert Saleh 2x, Marvin Lewis to the Jets? 

Chargers, Daboll as he has ties to their GM. 

Yes, but High School was a long time ago, and they were two classes apart.......I am thinking that tie isn't as big as many think.  But, yes, they have known each other a long time.

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Interested to know what everyone thinks, right now I am picking none. The only job he seems to be one of the top candidates for is the LA Chargers and I don't think he's going to get that one either. 

My current guesses:

Atlanta - Raheem Morris

Detroit - Robert Saleh

Houston - Eric Bieniemy

NY Jets - Doug Pederson

Philadelphia - Probably go with a defensive coach, either Eberflus or maybe Marvin Lewis, but they are a wild card

Chargers - If Meyer gets Jacksonville, Leftwich, if not Arthur Smith or Daboll but I'm leaning Smith

So as of now Houston has not requested an interview with Bieniemy and as far as I'm aware Leftwich hasn't interviewed anywhere. I had a go yesterday in my Black Monday thread but the big development since then is Arthur Smith HAS interviewed with the Falcons. I think he is overwhelming favourite to get that job. I

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hes never called plays.   A lot of people are making it about other things, but the bottom line is he has the best Quarterback in the league, works under the second best coach in the league and has never called a game in the NFL. 

Neither had Doug Pederson in KC. 

3 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

My current guesses:

Atlanta - Raheem Morris

Detroit - Robert Saleh

Houston - Eric Bieniemy

NY Jets - Doug Pederson

Chargers.

Lock

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Neither had Doug Pederson in KC. 

FWIW

Following a 1–5 start in 2015, Andy Reid gave Pederson play calling duties in the second half of the season, and the Chiefs proceeded to win their last 10 games, which made Pederson a coaching candidate for 2016.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

My current guesses:

Atlanta - Raheem Morris

Detroit - Robert Saleh

Houston - Eric Bieniemy

NY Jets - Doug Pederson

This is wild. It was reported days ago that Detroit was impressed with Marvin Lewis and Bieniemy wanted nothing to do with Houston. Today it was reported that Saleh is the front runner for the NYJ.

Looks like this one is waaaay off so far. The Bieniemy take especially throws me for a loop here. 

It’s all on what article you read. 
ESPN mentioned the Jets have Daboll as their #1 candidate and Saleh as 2. Of course Pederson wasn’t mentioned but he’s still fresh to the rumor pool. 

I think Daboll would be kinda worthless for LA. The offense is already legit. Whatever they did this year kinda worked, not sure I want Daboll coming with his difficult playbook to possibly complicate what they’ve already established. Their defense however has talent but was horrendous. 
Im giving Saleh whatever he wants to come to LA and fix that defense. He can probably keep the offensive coordinator LA had this year.