Which HC Job, If Any, Does Brian Daboll Get?

jwhit34

Which Head Coaching Job, If Any, Does Brian Daboll Get?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What HC Job, If Any, Does Brian Daboll Get?

• Atlanta
    • Detroit
    • Houston
    • Jacksonville
    • LA Chargers
    • NY Jets
    • Philadelphia
    • None - He Remains OC for the Bills

Interested to know what everyone thinks, right now I am picking none. The only job he seems to be one of the top candidates for is the LA Chargers and I don't think he's going to get that one either. 

My current guesses:

Atlanta - Raheem Morris

Detroit - Robert Saleh

Jacksonville - Bryon Leftwich or Urban Meyer

Houston - Eric Bieniemy

NY Jets - Doug Pederson

Philadelphia - Probably go with a defensive coach, either Eberflus or maybe Marvin Lewis, but they are a wild card

Chargers - If Meyer gets Jacksonville, Leftwich, if not Arthur Smith or Daboll but I'm leaning Smith

I’ve been reading that Bienemy is such a poor interview that he’s likely to remain in KC, as no one wants him.  Again. 

I feel that Houston and Chargers are the only jobs he’d even consider at this point. 

5 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Interested to know what everyone thinks, right now I am picking none. The only job he seems to be one of the top candidates for is the LA Chargers and I don't think he's going to get that one either. 

My current guesses:

Atlanta - Raheem Morris

Detroit - Robert Saleh

Jacksonville - Bryon Leftwich or Urban Meyer

Houston - Eric Bieniemy

NY Jets - Doug Pederson

Philadelphia - Probably go with a defensive coach, either Eberflus or maybe Marvin Lewis, but they are a wild card

Chargers - If Meyer gets Jacksonville, Leftwich, if not Arthur Smith or Daboll but I'm leaning Smith

Last I heard, the Texans didn't even reach out to Bienemy for an interview...

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve been reading that Bienemy is such a poor interview that he’s likely to remain in KC, as no one wants him.  Again. 

I feel that Houston and Chargers are the only jobs he’d even consider at this point. 

Hes never called plays.   A lot of people are making it about other things, but the bottom line is he has the best Quarterback in the league, works under the second best coach in the league and has never called a game in the NFL. 

• Agree 2

A good discussion, I don't know how this plays out.  But, if he gets any offer, the money will make him go.  2 or 3x his current compensation......and a guarantee of some years....and, I don't think he will strike out on all the interviews.  I don't think all this should be allowed when teams are still in the playoffs.  When  this process goes on, the interviewee is no longer in his job...and focus is lost.  Bad image for the NFL imho.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

A good discussion, I don't know how this plays out.  But, if he gets any offer, the money will make him go.  2 or 3x his current compensation......and a guarantee of some years....and, I don't think he will strike out on all the interviews.  I don't think all this should be allowed when teams are still in the playoffs.  When  this process goes on, the interviewee is no longer in his job...and focus is lost.  Bad image for the NFL imho.

he can't do a 10 minute video call and get back to work? The Bills offense is installed....they make some adjustments for the opponent and then go to practice. Not sure how this hurts the Bills

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hes never called plays.   A lot of people are making it about other things, but the bottom line is he has the best Quarterback in the league, works under the second best coach in the league and has never called a game in the NFL. 

A lot of people are pretending they know everything, but the bottom line is, they really have no clue why Bienemy isn’t getting hired.

Either did Pederson. He got a job and won a super bowl.  You don’t think there’s a chance that Bienemy is a bad interview?  

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

After last week he be lucky to get a job at Jets or a Deshawnless Houston.

So you’re saying that the chargers or Texans won’t offer him?

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A lot of people are pretending they know everything, but the bottom line is, they really have no clue why Bienemy isn’t getting hired.

Either did Pederson. He got a job and won a super bowl.  You don’t think there’s a chance that Bienemy is a bad interview?  

So you’re saying that the chargers or Texans won’t offer him?

I dont think Bienemy gets a job this cycle.  I agree, he may be a bad interview.

13 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

We can up his salary.  Money isn’t likely the issue.  How bad Daboll wants to be a head coach is the issue. How much Daboll loves this team, city and QB can possibly buy us another year. Money is the least of our worries imo.  

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont think Bienemy gets a job this cycle.  I agree, he may be a bad interview.

Agreed.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

This is what worries me the most about Daboll leaving and Ken Dorsey getting the nod for OC.

I think Beineimy does get a job this cycle, although the one I most strongly fancied him for - the Jets - is more complicated by Pederson's availability. Think the Jets will consider him very closely. 

I think the Chargers is by far the most likely job for Daboll, but don't be surprised if the Eagles think he could be the man to "fix" Carson Wentz. Remember Wentz and Allen were coached by the same guy in college. If they think Wentz has slipped into bad habits they might look at Daboll as a guy who has helped refine Josh's bad habits and request an interview. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Beineimy does get a job this cycle, although the one I most strongly fancied him for - the Jets - is more complicated by Pederson's availability. Think the Jets will consider him very closely. 

I think the Chargers is by far the most likely job for Daboll, but don't be surprised if the Eagles think he could be the man to "fix" Carson Wentz. Remember Wentz and Allen were coached by the same guy in college. If they think Wentz has slipped into bad habits they might look at Daboll as a guy who has helped refine Josh's bad habits and request an interview. 

I voted Philly for Daboll.  Always made the most sense to me all along.  Close to home, similar QB, out of conference, need on their end for what he does best .

• Like (+1) 1