Jets hire Robert Saleh as HC

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This is a good hire by the Jets. He seems to share some things in common with McDermott. If the owners will just get out of the way now, the Jets are going to be a better team.

Thats not exactly a high bar. For the Jets to be better.

I wonder what the  Media is going to latch onto about this hire.  His experience and credentials mean nothing. lol

The New York Times

"Saleh, believed to be the first Muslim Arab American head coach in the N.F.L"  

NBC News

"Jets make history hiring Robert Saleh to become NFL's first Muslim head coach"

CBS New York

"Jets’ Robert Saleh Makes History As NFL’s First Muslim Head Coach"

Yahoo Sports

"Robert Saleh to join New York Jets and become NFL’s first Muslim head coach"

BBC  

"Robert Saleh: New York Jets set to appoint first Muslim head coach in NFL"

Edited by BITE ME

26 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

I wonder what the  Media is going to latch onto about this hire.  His experience and credentials mean nothing. lol

The New York Times

"Saleh, believed to be the first Muslim Arab American head coach in the N.F.L"  

NBC News

"Jets make history hiring Robert Saleh to become NFL's first Muslim head coach"

CBS New York

"Jets’ Robert Saleh Makes History As NFL’s First Muslim Head Coach"

Yahoo Sports

"Robert Saleh to join New York Jets and become NFL’s first Muslim head coach"

BBC  

"Robert Saleh: New York Jets set to appoint first Muslim head coach in NFL"

Eh.  It's only noteworthy because he's first.  Once diversity isn't something new it's no longer a story.

Tough call on Sam if I was them.  Sounds like they are keeping him, but he isn’t some guy you can evaluate for a few years...

They have a ton of cap space but can’t go crazy if they have to pay Sam his option or a new contract after this year.  

Then if he doesn’t work out, chances are, they aren’t sitting at #2 next year.  

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tough call on Sam if I was them.  Sounds like they are keeping him, but he isn’t some guy you can evaluate for a few years...

They have a ton of cap space but can’t go crazy if they have to pay Sam his option or a new contract after this year.  

Then if he doesn’t work out, chances are, they aren’t sitting at #2 next year.  

I think its kind of an easy decision.   He has had three years and has been oft injured and has shown his arm strength is kind of an issue.   I get that he has had bad coaching, but watching Sam throw an out is an ugly mess.   I would do everything I could to trade him as a post June 1st designation, draft a new QB and sign a real veteran QB to start for now.

52 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think its kind of an easy decision.   He has had three years and has been oft injured and has shown his arm strength is kind of an issue.   I get that he has had bad coaching, but watching Sam throw an out is an ugly mess.   I would do everything I could to trade him as a post June 1st designation, draft a new QB and sign a real veteran QB to start for now.

I hear ya, but the issue is the owner who may insist on keeping Sam, then what? QB purgatory for another year or two or even more. Sam is a game manager at the pro level. RS may be in HC purgatory... 

I really like this hire for the Jets. Saleh could do damage with the front seven in place and they get Mosely back next season. Get some help for Maye and Poole on the back end and Saleh just needs a decent offense. If he is bringing Matt Lafleur's brother to run the offense (worked within the offense with Kyle Shanahan) they might be able to salvage Darnold. Ideally they trade down from #2 but if not they pickup Sewell

On 1/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, Steptide said:

If daboll acts the same in interviews as he does in his press conferences, I could see why teams might pass on him. Though I believe he's very buttoned up for his pc's and doubt he's like that all the time 

I bet the Zoom interview format is not kind to Daboll.